The 1970's....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read that a female plant from a regular seed is more potent, than a feminized plant. Is there any truth to that? :cool:

faderharley said:
I've read that a female plant from a regular seed is more potent, than a feminized plant. Is there any truth to that? :cool:
I have no idea, the only time I ever bought "feminized seed", it was white widow, I put them in with 35 purple urkle female clones, and 85% of them couldn't turn male fast enough, I think the presense of the Clones messed up WW grow, I really felt the majority went male because of the URKLE, The 3 that were female were very potent.

I think the maker of those seeds messed up Skag. The clones being present would not have had any way of influencing the seedlings sex. One plant does not have any thing to do with another plants sex. IMO femmed seeds are just a new age gimic to get ppl to pay higher dollars for seeds. Yes they have a higher female rate but you still see males and even worse the dreaded Hermie in the "femmed" seed gene pool.

ozzydiodude said:
I think the maker of those seeds messed up Skag. The clones being present would not have had any way of influencing the seedlings sex. One plant does not have any thing to do with another plants sex. IMO femmed seeds are just a new age gimic to get ppl to pay higher dollars for seeds. Yes they have a higher female rate but you still see males and even worse the dreaded Hermie in the "femmed" seed gene pool.

:aok:!

ozzydiodude said:
well thats my expeirience with feminized seeds, them 10 white widow seeds were a hundred bucks, with the 5 free Mazzars i felt OK in long run, I'm still running them plants with total satisfaction!! my bedtime doobie is the Mazzar, nice sleepy high. Anyway, bottom line for this guy, I don't put any plants grown from seed in with my clones till they show me some sex, right or wrong, speaking of seeds, I got some great seeds back from the one BLZ I pollinized, I thought my pollen may have gone in the wind, but just the one plant has seeds, I'm really excited about the BLZ, it's cureing up so nice. The C99 is just now getting into the mid to low 60s on the hygrometer, it's the sweetest smoke I ever Puffed!!!

Latest posts

Back