Advertise On Marijuana Passion

The Doctor's 1st Thread: Outdoor Clone:Bubblegum

Dr.KNOWITALL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
Hey all,

This would be my second post, after my brief introduction. I am still doubting credibility of the site as one naturally would i suppose, but i bow down to all you and decide to join the march by fallacious matters. :p This here is an attempt i started on * March 10th * when i got a clone approximately 30-40 days into vegging. I am not sure what light cycle it was in with the previously, but I was told it was "ready to flower". Assuming that, I take it was getting about 13 hours of light max. When i put it in the ground, on the 11th, from the source given by this site, I calculate it was getting about 11.75 hours of light or so. At that time, it was GREAT weather in my area. Mid 70's with lots of sunlight. From that date on , total sunlight received has been constantly increasing minute by minute each day!! :hubba:

It has been about 2 weeks and a half since the transferring of the clone, which was in a small pot, into the ground. On the second week however, a strong storm system past my area, and we got hard rain all day and night for about a week straight!!! :eek: So from this the watering has been way off for me, not being able to feed it properly or anything like that. But that is why I turned to here. As i said in my previous post, I have been seeing some of the quality flowers people produce and show on this site for the last 5 years. Truly amazing. Now, I have come to see as a user, that it is foolish not and attempt to at least produce what you consume :ccc: .

As you can see i get sidetracked a lot :eek: so pardon me and try to keep up please, I can use all the help i can get. Back to the plant, after the awful second week, things cleared up a bit but not much. Rain came here and there and rays of sunshine quickly poked for a bit. Now on the 17th day FINALLY the weather came to be a good 70 degrees with mostly sunny skies. :guitar: But despite all this, what i have not mentioned and as you will see through the pics. Due to the lack of space I have and the discretion I am trying to keep, the plant is not in the IDEAL environment. After all, it is sort of my first try at this. All comments are accepted, so please do so. :) Take that, I am tired of writing and leave you with the pics. ENJOY and THANKS!!!

_THE DOCTOR

Bubble1Ex.JPG


Bubble7Ex.JPG


Bubble6Ex.JPG


Bubble8Ex.JPG


Bubble4Ex.JPG


Bubble3Ex.JPG


Bubble2Ex.JPG
 

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
702
Reaction score
25
If you're looking for discretion, I'd move the pots around it out a bit and low stress train it across the ground! You could get a **** of a yield this way outdoors as the plant vegges much longer than an indoor plant. Take the top of the plant from about the third or fourth node down and pull it towards the ground as far as comfortable without breaking it, tie it down like this... Continue to tie it down as the top grows out further (making sure no part of the plant is actually touching the ground). You can also do this to the branches and instead of growing tall, it'll grow wide!:hubba:
 

Dr.KNOWITALL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
Thanks for the reply, Gixxer. I think i unintentionally did this a few days back when I had company over and had to hide it because it was sticking out from the top as you can see there. Im really trying to keep it as concealed as possible. However, what i think you cannot see from the pictures and i didn't mention from description is that i think its in the flowering stage already. It has been a full 2 weeks that it has been outdoors in the ground, just how you see in the pictures; shaded by the rest of the plants in pots. So therefore, judging my area has been getting 12 hours of sunlight, i assume it has gone into flowering stage and when i see it upclose, it definitely seems to be growing masses of hairs instead of leaves. But then im a rookie, it could be a mass deficiency of some sorts. Hmmph. Time will tell. I will try to keep ya'll posted as frequently as possible posting more pictures as well.

By the way, is it harmful to the plant for a branch to be cut off? During some movement of the pots, it damaged a branch which had to be cut off. I did it so i hope it wont hurt it. I am sometimes throwing a couple ladybugs that i find in other parts of the garden, on to the plant. I have plenty of problems here. I will post and inform you as they come up.

_THE DOCTOR
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,836
Reaction score
12,667
welcome Doc' :) and kudos for taking the 'leap' into providing for yourself.
I'm gonna try to cover a bunch of ground here in short order, hope it helps ;)
First, your plant is flowering because it is (being a clone) sexually mature and your hours are short enough to induce flowering right now. As day length increases, it is most likely going to start re-vegging, reverting to the vegetative state. This is goin to cause some stress. Most plants survive it without serious complications.
But, it is going to contunue to grow throughout the summer. In order to keep it concealed it is going to require some serious training. It is goingg to outgrow THAT pot.
It will not start to re-flower until late July/early August. Harvest should be late September or October.
Any time your plant is damaged, or you damage it by removing parts, it is a stress factor. Slowing growth, ect. until it has fully recovered. That said, a single branch isn't going to "make it or break it" in most cases.
 

Dr.KNOWITALL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
Thanks Hick. I was already getting a notebook and pen out. ;) Keep the advice coming. That was part of my main worry; the point that it will re-flower. Initially i thought that plant would die or just become a "hermie" if it reflowered, but i guess not. As for the pot, it is not in a pot, already in the ground. Judging from that, i take it might grow even more than it would in a pot. Thus, I need even more help trying to conceal that baby. As the plant it right now, it is a little taller than I would like it to be. Is the only option or the best option "lst"??? Thanks. Also, currently i am not giving it nutrients made specially for the plant, just other fertilizers you find at local hardware store.( the little pebbles) And when i use that, i don't give it much cause I am not sure what I am giving it. I will try to get some close ups of them later on. Thanks again.

_THE DOCTOR
 

4u2sm0ke

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
17,336
Reaction score
13,503
:ciao: mojo for the grow....LST and super croping is what I do to keep plant short...Just be carefull not to "Over Stress" the plant...

Take care and be safe

:48:
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,836
Reaction score
12,667
Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Thanks Hick. I was already getting a notebook and pen out. ;) Keep the advice coming. That was part of my main worry; the point that it will re-flower. Initially i thought that plant would die or just become a "hermie" if it reflowered, but i guess not. As for the pot, it is not in a pot, already in the ground. Judging from that, i take it might grow even more than it would in a pot. Thus, I need even more help trying to conceal that baby. As the plant it right now, it is a little taller than I would like it to be. Is the only option or the best option "lst"??? Thanks. Also, currently i am not giving it nutrients made specially for the plant, just other fertilizers you find at local hardware store.( the little pebbles) And when i use that, i don't give it much cause I am not sure what I am giving it. I will try to get some close ups of them later on. Thanks again.

_THE DOCTOR
I have, but only occasionally, had plants that would NOT revert to veg'. but would continue to flower right into June, usually from seeds of unknown/unconfirmed sources.
"IF" it were me, I think I would keep it bent over tight, and staked down. As it grows, just keep staking the top down further along. Think of growing it like a vine...;)
 

Dr.KNOWITALL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
Hey there,
Well today is just a beautiful day. Mid 70's and rays of sunshine. :cool: I took your advice Hick, and went out this morning to tie it down and also water. I am unaware of what to use to feed it right now, so I am using the fertilizer used for trees, fruit trees, flowers, anything i guess. I know its probably a 'no no':angrywife: but its all i got at the moment. Its the tiny rocks type and i try to break them up and give it a shake in a waterbottle to try and make it all liquid. Anyhow, that is what I am doing. I plan on visiting the hydro store soon but I dont want to walk in there and not know what to get. I am hoping(asking) if you guys would please tell me some brand names or exact products i should get. Preferably nute recommendations for flowering stage, outdoors etc...
I repeat this plant is in flowering stage as you will be able to see through the pictures, and the hours of daylight are only getting stronger and lasting longer. Hick says the plant will revert to veg. state. If it wont cause the plant to die and lose productivity then I'm good with that. I have also heard you could shade the plant so it is always receving 12 hours. I am not sure if that's possible doing it outdoors but my mind is open for ideas.

I leave you off with the pics.

Note: The last picture is of the plant after i watered it and tied it down. I tried doing it as surgically as possible but it was not good enough. About 15 minutes after that i watered and tied it down, during the photoshoot, it appeared that the plant was drooping(sad) from one angle. Hopefully it recovers or its just me. You guys tell me. It could just be normal paranoia due to how much you care for your sweetheart. :p

The 2nd one is of the damaged branch that got cut off but as you can see it was more like scraped off. :eek:

The first picture is a close up, i think that its flowering. As I've mentioned, it has been outdoors receiving 12 hours of sunlight approximately for the past 17 days. The second week, it received heavy rains. I thought it was not going to make it because it was about 55 degrees daytime and dropped to high 30's low 40's for that week straight.

CloseUpWow.JPG


DamageLimb.JPG


Droopy.JPG
 

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
702
Reaction score
25
Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Thanks for the reply, Gixxer. I think i unintentionally did this a few days back when I had company over and had to hide it because it was sticking out from the top as you can see there. Im really trying to keep it as concealed as possible. However, what i think you cannot see from the pictures and i didn't mention from description is that i think its in the flowering stage already. It has been a full 2 weeks that it has been outdoors in the ground, just how you see in the pictures; shaded by the rest of the plants in pots. So therefore, judging my area has been getting 12 hours of sunlight, i assume it has gone into flowering stage and when i see it upclose, it definitely seems to be growing masses of hairs instead of leaves. But then im a rookie, it could be a mass deficiency of some sorts. Hmmph. Time will tell. I will try to keep ya'll posted as frequently as possible posting more pictures as well.

By the way, is it harmful to the plant for a branch to be cut off? During some movement of the pots, it damaged a branch which had to be cut off. I did it so i hope it wont hurt it. I am sometimes throwing a couple ladybugs that i find in other parts of the garden, on to the plant. I have plenty of problems here. I will post and inform you as they come up.

_THE DOCTOR
The broken branch may slow growth for a few days, but so long as no heavy pruning or such has taken place recently, it shouldn't herm on you(grow male parts also). You can still LST this baby, even if it is in full bloom! I'd do it now before she really starts pumping the flowers out! But by the photographs, (and can't tell completely) it looks like she's still vegging! I think you have a few hairs there, but an explosion of vegetative growth; looks like 2-3 sets starting to come out... Not a bad thing either, just means she'll be taller (or longer with LST) than she would be had she already started flowering! Hope this helps bud, I'm sure you'll end up with some descent smoke anyways!

Edit: I'd like to see some photos of the tie down!
 

tcbud

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
4,467
Reaction score
3,580
If it does start to "reveg", it will sometimes put out strangely twisted leaves, single or three pronged leaves. Keep a watch for that, a sure sign you are reveging. (my 2 cents) You may also luck out and flower her out and take her down first part of July, if she dosen't reveg.

Good luck to you.
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,836
Reaction score
12,667
tcbud said:
If it does start to "reveg", it will sometimes put out strangely twisted leaves, single or three pronged leaves. Keep a watch for that, a sure sign you are reveging. (my 2 cents) You may also luck out and flower her out and take her down first part of July, if she dosen't reveg.

Good luck to you.
:aok: TC....note the 'non'-serrated and single blade leaves and just strange 'in general' leaf growth doc.

DSC02353.JPG


DSC02356.JPG
 

Dr.KNOWITALL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
Hmm thank you for the info and references to all. Hope you are doing well. I do see the picture Hick and definitely notice the strangeness to it.

Would that plant be considered a 'hermie'?
also
Would you continue to flower a plant in that shape or take it down? If possible, Why?
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,438
Reaction score
8,293
Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Hmm thank you for the info and references to all. Hope you are doing well. I do see the picture Hick and definitely notice the strangeness to it.

Would that plant be considered a 'hermie'?
also
Would you continue to flower a plant in that shape or take it down? If possible, Why?
No, a hermie is a female plant with male flowers. This is simply a plant that is revegging. They will generally continue to veg until the days get shorter and then flower out just fine. I'm not sure why you believe they wouldn't?
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,836
Reaction score
12,667
Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Hmm thank you for the info and references to all. Hope you are doing well. I do see the picture Hick and definitely notice the strangeness to it.

Would that plant be considered a 'hermie'?
also
Would you continue to flower a plant in that shape or take it down? If possible, Why?
same plant Sept. 1...;)

bud.jpg


sept.jpg
 

Dr.KNOWITALL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
Oh my. That was a beauty you ended up with there hick. Mind if i ask you what strain that is??

Update: Today i visited the local hydro shop and if i ever need anything, that's the spot. Its a little expensive 15 for a bag of soil, not FFOF but he said he was out of that, but its equivalent. They sell Fox Farm for same price. They had Fox Farm nutes but they were out of the bloom ones, so i picked up on the Fox Farm Grow Big. With that i also picked up some neem oil to use as pesticide since im growing outdoor. I will be going back there to get a pH test kit, couple bags of soil, and fox farm big bloom or the fox farm tiger bloom * Question : Should i get both of those or would i be fine with one?? They are about 20 dollars each..But all in all... the guy was real cool, and any product i might need, im sure i could find there.

So i got back home in the afternoon and of course had to check on the plants and take some pics. Even though i should stop doing photoshoots because it might look fishy to nosy neighbors :ciao: With that, i gave it the first feed of grow big. I wasn't going to water it since i watered it yesterday but the weather was hot today and will be tomorrow. 80 degrees and full rays of sunshine!! :guitar: Along with that i gave it a spray of neem oil

1st Picture: The tie down i did, for whoever asked they wanted to see it. I used the nursery green tape that is is holding the plant to a wooden stake. It shows the incline. You guys tell me if it should be more.

2nd Picture: Shows a close-up of the plant. You can see small damage on one leaf. Im the rookie so you guys tell me if you spot deficiencies or damage of some sorts. It would be much appreciated.

3rd Picture: Shows one of the lower branches of the plant. I am not sure if its from damage caused to it, not enough sunlight, etc... From the picture it looks slightly droopy but in person it is more apparent. Help? Hope it gets better tomorrow with the weather and the watering/feed i gave it today.
*Note also on the 3rd picture there is some spider webs on one of the pots next to the plant. Is this bad?? Should i remove them or are they beneficial? They scared me so i figured they should be fine.. :baby:

THANKS

_The Doctor

1st Incline.JPG


Damage 2 Close.JPG


Bad Low Branch.JPG
 

Dr.KNOWITALL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
Is nobody interested in my grow?? Well, i have been researching and found out that the pH for my soil should be 6.5 ideally. I will be going to the hydro store to find get a pH soil test kit, should i get that or the liquid pH tester to test the water i feed?? Or should i need both?!?!?!? Anyways, some confirmation on the pH level i should be would be helpful. Currently, the plant is receving 12 1/2 hours of sunlight. The stage the plant is in is unknown...The main top part of the plant seems to be growing out more leaves while on the lower branches i can see some hairs....is this a sign of flowering??? Temperature was 92 degrees today which forced me to water it plain water, no nutes added. I will try to get some pics in tomorrow.

_The Doctor
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,836
Reaction score
12,667
get a meter/pen. Don't waste money on the drops/test kit..IMO. There are ph charts in a 'sticky' at the top of this forum area. Test your ph "after" adding/mixing in any nutrients.
Watering daily can be damaging/detrimental. Read the "Wet and dry cycle" sticky, probably found in the indoor growing area.
It IS flowering right now, no question. But will most likely revert in a few weeks.
The 'damage' to the leaf is minimal, not a concern. Other than "something" had a snack, took a bite. Which may be an indication of pests.
Google "air layering".. you might find it interesting if you're keeping her tied down close to the ground ;)
 
R

Roddy

Guest
Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Is nobody interested in my grow?? Well, i have been researching and found out that the pH for my soil should be 6.5 ideally. I will be going to the hydro store to find get a pH soil test kit, should i get that or the liquid pH tester to test the water i feed?? Or should i need both?!?!?!? Anyways, some confirmation on the pH level i should be would be helpful. Currently, the plant is receving 12 1/2 hours of sunlight. The stage the plant is in is unknown...The main top part of the plant seems to be growing out more leaves while on the lower branches i can see some hairs....is this a sign of flowering??? Temperature was 92 degrees today which forced me to water it plain water, no nutes added. I will try to get some pics in tomorrow.

_The Doctor
I'm following, Doc!!!!
 

Dr.KNOWITALL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
Thank you for those following.. Well it seems things are going good but then bad at the same time??? :p I read up on the wet & dry cycle, and i will indeed apply what i learned there. I know not too water the plant too much but what happens if the 2 days are really hot and dry? Should i water then???

As far as the plant is going, to my eyes things seem to going down hill because think i might have a mig bug problem!!!! :shocked: As you will see in the 3rd picture i post... I did not see that last i checked the plants two days ago... Whay worries me is that 3 days ago, i applied neem oil mixed with dish soap. I used a tad bit precisely as indicated on the label.. It says to do the next application two weeks from the previous. However after seeing this leaf problem just after 3 days from the application, im wondering if i should do another one...Some input would be much appreciated as you already know.

The 2nd picture is of the 'lst' i have going. I think i started doing it about 4-5 days ago. I am not sure if you can see it from the picture but there is definitely some stretching i see of the branches reaching to the sky...:fly:

The first picture is a view from on top. As you can see, the damaged leaf around the middle. Theres no justice... Marijuana is a beautiful plant.

I want to thank all those who have given me advice and had some input. Thanks. You guys are making this more fun.. :48: Have a good one!!

_The Doctor

Showing Off...JPG


LST 2 Days.JPG


Leaf Eater.JPG
 

Dr.KNOWITALL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
OH NO!!! Bad news!!! All my fault! Of course i had to do something dumb like a rookie. In frustration, that was caused by the evil do-er in the pictures as you will, led me to damage the plant horribly. I removed the stake and forgot to cut the tape first and yes, as you would expect...unbearable damage took place. I am not 100% sure on the extent of the damage. But i checked the weather channel, and the gods seem to be cursing me as well. Tomorrow, no sunshine... Meaning the stress cause to the plant already will be worsened. Of course it had to happen. :stuff-1125699181_i_


All this thanks to the escape of the god darn chicken seen in picture 1. You can see the evil look in her eye if you ask me...

Ashame the plant had to take that harm. Aside from the possible insect problem, the plant seemed to be doing great(Pic.2 n Pic.3). Until I had to come stumbling along...

Chicken.JPG


Hairs....JPG


Up Close 4.2.JPG
 

Latest posts

Top