The Feds Are Addicted to Pot -- Even If You Aren't

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they don't support marijuana reform then don't vote for them .when they find themselves on the other side of the fence, they will change there minds just to get in out of the cold. do your home work if your would reps don't see it your way then make sure you don't see it there way. I send letters every week to my reps I know they more then likley just throw them away but one thing I am is very persistent. at least I get my word out and in front of them every week. so far we are doing better and it's been a long time my fight is for my brothers and sisters. I am a med patient so for me it's already legal sort of maybe. But this is not the reason to sit back and take no action we must ALL stand up- and be counted as with bigger numbers the better to get noticed and be counted when the numbers get very large our reps know they have to do something or there big cushy job is at risk of being taken away . one thing I don't vote for anyone who is not pro pot any negative about them will put them on my list of people not to support and I don't vote for old people who have been there for ever they have power over anyone new coming in . make them work for you as you pay there wages . also vote out any new taxes and levies. the reason the more money we take away from them the more they have to look at legalizing to get some funds back it will work but we all must do our part just remember in this case your vote does count make them poor and we will win ! they are all about money without it they are nothing but a bunch of suits staring at the walls this is how we speak our minds and win a victory over the ruling parties viper1951

J
ust because I didn't vote for them doesn't mean they are not accountable to me for their actions as MY representative. If ONLY supporters respond to their surveys they get smug. I accept that I'm probably on their nut list - but I let em know they are on my nut list as well.

I spend a great deal of time writing politicians at all levels about various and sundry issues, whether I am in their districts or not. I let them know that I send contributions nationwide, not just locally, and what I expect from them to get my continuous monetary support. And I do support congressional candidates nationwide, depending on the issues in that district and the opposition.

They care about support from their constituents and continuing donations no matter from where it comes.

that article reminded me of some ** i went through some time ago...
I was ordered by the court to go to an alcohol treatment place due to a criminal mischief charge involving Alcohol...
and to make a long story short, this jackarse at the treatment place had the balls to tell me(and everyone there) that the worst drug out there is Weed!!
he said it's worse than crack/cocaine and even heroin!! I had half a mind to slap him if i wouldn't go to jail for it! he tried telling me that them lil hairs on the plant is aspergiliuos fungus and when it gets in your body it never goes away... what a crock of SH!!!!!
now that i'm free and clear of all that I should pay him a visit and set his facts straight..

I too have experienced lies in the treatment facilities when it comes to what MJ does to us...I was almost kicked out of one treatment for arguing the truth about MJ with a counselor, who obviously believed everything she read. I was in there for heroin, weed helps to keep me off of that...she tried to tell me that I was replaceing one for the other, and that both were just as harmful to me...and she had the degree!

They call that the "Marijuana Maintenance Plan" ...... sign me up.
Uh huh I went down that road. Total abstinance OR Denial????
Blah Blah Blah. They also did some sorta all day long personality test on me and from what I gathered with all their mumbo jumbo junior shrink talk - I had a very very very low chance of ever succeeding at 100% abstinance. Well, I wouldn't wana dissapoint them so I'll just stick with the "PLAN" and that way we will ALL be happy.

OldHippieChick said:
True that -
I know political talk on this forum is a no no so will try to be as generic as possible....
You don't have to actually vote to get your message of discontent across to your opposition. They don't know if you are a registered voter or not. What I do is sign up for the oppositions news letters through their websites.... they are constantly sending me updates and asking for constituants feedback and responses to surveys and I wana know what dribble they are trying to tube feed me...... Every time I disagree with those MAROONS, I blast em back with a "comment". Just because I didn't vote for them doesn't mean they are not accountable to me for their actions as MY representative. If ONLY supporters respond to their surveys they get smug. I accept that I'm probably on their nut list - but I let em know they are on my nut list as well.

Take baby steps if you gota - but take the FIRST step now!

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

OldHippieChick said:
It's a much wider circle than that meds4me.... we've got lawyers and bondsmen who would be out of business without pot arrests.... we've got a penal system that's the largest employer in our state. We've got drug and alcohol treatment centers that count on insured offenders sentenced to 30 day treaments as a condition of their probations. We even have local charities that count on pot heads sentenced to community service to subsedize their payroll with free labor, labs to process drug screening for employers, and we've got the flip side - head shops selling potions to pass drug screens.... we all know it's not the white stuff people are trying to mask.... that's out of your system in 3 days. Fighting marijuana is a mega industry. What are these leaches going to do to earn a living if we succeed in destroying the myth that validates their existance? It IS a war and they have a lot to loose but it's not a moral war, it's a monetary war.
I don't think anyone is going to go out of business at all. Lawyers and bondsmen will have a lot more criminals to take card of that are not mj offenders. Drug treatment centers have plenty of other drug users that actually need help, if anything this would free up the space they need to take in those people. Plenty of crimes getting community service too. And I would venture that business's with a drug free policy aren't going go just let you toke because it is legal. Don't get me wrong, there would be quite a few people with less in their pocket but, I would say the majority of those people are government officials who are getting X amount of dollars to fight a losing battle instead of bringing in X amount in taxes. It's all about the govt not wAnting people to know they were wrong. Too many special interest groups and lobbyists whispering in their ears. It's all a big corporation and thy care about their stockholders which are the big business people and the lobbyists and the people who contribute to their success (monetarily at least). Their ime is coming. Viva la Revolucion!

viper1951 said:
If they don't support marijuana reform then don't vote for them. viper1951
Unfortunately that doesn't make them a good candidate for any election. There are other important things to consider. It's just a Benefit when they happen to support it I believe. If candidate A wants to legalize mj and lower the state budget on say schools, and candidate B wants to give schools more money and is opposed to mj, I am going to vote B. It's just we need that candidate C who wants to legallize and use the taxes for schools :)

Latest posts

Back