The Female Growers Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my grow room is very ghetto...lol. can u say black plastic wall?? hanging head in shame ...I love it actually producing great bud with jangy equipment is the american way!

2Dog,

I second that opinion.

TCBud,

Don't do it girl -- I don't know what town you are talking about but I think you will regret moving from the ranch into town, all year around.

Good smoking

hows it going tonight don..I am bored and lonely lol...I have my plants and dogs to keep me company...

What's up 2Dog? How is the weather where you are? We are in the midst of a cold spell here in Spokane. A couple of days ago it was -3 all over the cities but not below zero at the airport which is about 500' higher than town, so offically we haven't had any subzero temperatures. It hasn't cracked 20f in several days, but at least it has been dry. It is supposed to warm up for the next week but have snow/rain mixed showers. Finally next Wed or Thursday it is supposed to stay fairly warm with clear sunny skies.

I don't know why they don't report the weather based on the old municipal airport about the same altitude and a mile away. I know there is an official weather station there because you can get current conditions 24/7 if you have a pilot's license or plane tail number to use to access it.

Sounds to me like you have pretty good company there. They are unconditionally loyal and accepting aren't they.

I'll need to go for a few minutes and watch Conan O'Brien. I check back when he is done.

Good smoking, girl

you will get better help if posted in the BIG BOY forrum...just my thaughts..oh and yes I have HVAC experience..Take care and be safe:48:

DonJones said:
I thought some one here said they were an experienced HVAC engineer or tech. If so I need help trying to make my home CA/Gas furnace work right. lf not I need to be referred to someone who can help me figure out why the lower floor is always cold and hopefully find a fix.

It is a split level with and open airway so the heat seems to rise to the upper level and the cool air seems to settle. MY thought on the cause is that since the only cold air returns are upstairs the furnace/ Central Air Conditioning does NOT circulate the air from the lower level and thereby lets the heat pool upstairs and the cold accumulate in the lower level. Further I think putting a door at the bottom of the stairway will oonly make it worse because then there will be even less mixing of hte air between the 2 levels.

My thought on the solution is to put a cold air return in the return ducting just before it goes into the furnace but not between the filter and the furnace. There is a lot of air flow potential between the lower level in general and the furnace as it is in an unfinished utility room that does not have a door in the opening from the hallway.

I need some one with a lot more practical knowledge and actual design and functioning of the systems.

Thank you for your help.

Does anyone know if mojavemama is okay? I haven't seen anything from her recently.

Good smoking.

4u2smoke,

The problem with that is I have NO idea what one to post it in. It isn't even really related to MJ and I was pretty sure I had seen someone here on the FGG mention being experienced in HVAC.

How about it, what do you think about my problem and my proposed solution?

I was kind of thinking about using a open/close type cover for the new cold air intake. I guess if it doesn't work or makes it worse, then it shoulod be pretty easy to cover up.

I'm also going to move the filter to a more accessible location but that should be pretty simple, especially if I combine the two alterations.

If you would rather go ahead and PM me.

Good smoking and Merry Christmas everyone.

It is a split level with and open airway so the heat seems to rise to the upper level and the cool air seems to settle.

I heat my home on the principal "HOT AIR RISES", I too have a two story home, heating (woodstove/kerosenestove) are both downstairs.....Hot air rises, right up the stairs.

As for talking of moving to town....it is kinda like like talking bout getting a dog....I like to talk about it...even choose a breed, but get a dog....I dont think so. I/We have plans to move to town someday.....not soon. Still not gonna get a dog, but ...if I did.... I like terriors, maybe a Jack Russel.

2Dog,

I didn't forget you. The other half beat me to the computer and nothing short of an life threatening emergency interrupts her POGO games. I even tried to get her to talk to you, but no way, Jose.

Bored and lonely isn't good, but sometimes having just our dogs and my plants sounds pretty inviting. It would sure be calmer and quieter. It would also make planning easier.

I've got to get busy on projects that have been on hold for months.

Good smoking and Merry Christmas!

TCBud,

Now don't you laugh because I used to be a "mans' dog, big and protective" type of guy for years nd years -- German Sheppards, Doxies, bassets, Rots and so on, but about 8 years ago the other half decided she needed a little dog that we could take on the truck with us. Our best friends had a litter of Poms, and you guessed it, they gave her one.

The minute she started gushing about she is so Precious I knew we had a dog regardless of what I said. Then the next time we were out there and EJ brought Precious out in the palm of one hand, I knew WE HAD A DOG! They raised her for months for us and pretty much trained her for basic things.

Trying to save face, I put down all kinds of rules and conditions. When we brought her home, she instantly attached herself to me and no amount of fussing was going to over come that little bundle of love and licking puppy's decision. Now I HAD A DOG, whether I wanted it or not, and I soon loved it.

Last winter our roommates got EJ another little Pom for her birthday named Snow Fox -- you guessed it I NOW HAD 2 DOGS, both little ankle biters. On August 17 2009 I had to put Precious down for terminal renal failure and it hit me harder than any family member's death had ever done. I was so messed up that it was almost a month before I realized that it had been my daughter's birthday. She had just sat back in the background and helped us through it. In fact it hit all 23 grown kids almost as hard as it did me. I've never seen them that effected when they lost their own animals.

To make a long story short, Snow now HAS A MASTER, not Don has a dog! She is spoiled and obnoxious but she probably helped me get through loosing Precious more than any people did.

Getting back on track, now I'm a Pomeranian man through and through.

Have a great winter because there is nothing we can do about the weather any way. I used to love driving through Nevada on I-80 and on US 95 down through Hawthorne on the way to LA. I don't miss being truck driver, but sometimes I miss the things I saw and the people I met driving truck. Now I understand why so many of those pesky RVers always wanted to talk to us in rest stops.

I didn't used to ramble like this when I was driving -- maybe I'm lonely and bored like 2 Dog was last night.

Of course going from a reasonable cash flow to $243/month from May until this month has made it real hard to do much of anything.

Good smoking.

DonJones said:
2Dog,

I didn't forget you. The other half beat me to the computer and nothing short of an life threatening emergency interrupts her POGO games. I even tried to get her to talk to you, but no way, Jose.

Bored and lonely isn't good, but sometimes having just our dogs and my plants sounds pretty inviting. It would sure be calmer and quieter. It would also make planning easier.

I've got to get busy on projects that have been on hold for months.

Good smoking and Merry Christmas!

Awww thanks don that was sweet of ya but the lady is very nice...she smokes right? I was just lonely because hubby went to bed early..I was raised with 4 kids and dont have any of my own so the quiet house seems odd to me sometimes..Othertimes I relish in it...cant have it both ways right?? lol my dogs are my babies and always bring me joy...

TC you might consider asking the shelter if you can foster a dog and see how it goes...no commitments..My friends who are dog lovers but had to put one down years ago just got two dogs recently..one came into their yard starving and that was that..I have never seen two happier people..this dog is the baby and get carried around in baby carriers on mom and dads chest...my friend comes home from work for lunch she misses the dog so much...

We have a Pom/Peek mix.....he is a psycho doggie and seems to hate all dogs but loves CATS.....he loves to lick behind my ears, then go to the eye sockets and finish up with the nostrils and then I get kisses....when he's done I feel like I just took a shower

TC go with the Jack Russell but be sure you have plenty of time to work with the dog, they require alot of time and attention. I'm on my third. this is Rascal

Rascal 4 m 2w.jpg

god that is a cute dog...little black nose awwww sitting for daddy...

Ozzy,

Have you found them to be high energy dogs too that need lots of physical activity? That is what the drivers with JRs always said. I told them if they would exercise the dog on a leash so they were exercising too they would be a lot healthier. Until my legs started failing me that what I did with Precious, walked her everywhere on her leash. But then she got blind and severely overweight and couldn't get around like she used to about the same time my legs started giving out.

Good smoking.

don u need one of those zoom chairs....a dog would be running to keep up with ya! I bet MM looks so cute zooming her dogs...

Don The JR are VERY high energy dogs. You have to have time to work with them. I have trained all three of my JRs to walk without a leash and not to walk or cross blacktop unless I say "OK" If you don't have at least 4 hrs to work with a JR DO NOT get one. The more toys a JR pup has the better, they get bored easy.

DonJones said:
I thought some one here said they were an experienced HVAC engineer or tech. If so I need help trying to make my home CA/Gas furnace work right. lf not I need to be referred to someone who can help me figure out why the lower floor is always cold and hopefully find a fix.

It is a split level with and open airway so the heat seems to rise to the upper level and the cool air seems to settle. MY thought on the cause is that since the only cold air returns are upstairs the furnace/ Central Air Conditioning does NOT circulate the air from the lower level and thereby lets the heat pool upstairs and the cold accumulate in the lower level. Further I think putting a door at the bottom of the stairway will oonly make it worse because then there will be even less mixing of hte air between the 2 levels.

My thought on the solution is to put a cold air return in the return ducting just before it goes into the furnace but not between the filter and the furnace. There is a lot of air flow potential between the lower level in general and the furnace as it is in an unfinished utility room that does not have a door in the opening from the hallway.

I need some one with a lot more practical knowledge and actual design and functioning of the systems.

Thank you for your help.

Does anyone know if mojavemama is okay? I haven't seen anything from her recently.

Good smoking.

Don : Hey friend from up north ...lol I'm here in the SE part of the state ~
As far as I'm reading concerning youre hvac system. Youre assumption is right. I would parially block the upper return air and install a new one in the basement. Use a good pleated filter in both returns and you should be good to go ! Just make sure to put thaT NEW "RETURN" AS FAR AWAY FROM THE FURNACE AS POSSIBLE ~

Hey Don, like you I used to think that I had to have big macho dogs as if they were an extension of my manhood, I had pits, and dobies...I think with age, and the military helped me figure out I had nothing to proove to anyone, I lost alot of my cockiness that we all do as we get older...(used to run wild and take scalps, now kick back and smoke the peace pipe, and think) I now have mini dogs...ya know whats cool about the little dogs, is they don't know they are little, they are just as courageous as any big dog...and they fit in my lap, right where they should be!

2Dog,

Yes EJ smokes but that doesn't necessarily make her nice, although she usually is. I guarantee you she can be heck on wheels when she wants to. I've seen her back up some self styled gang bangers and tough when she though her kids were at risk. Then when big brother came to sister and Mo's rescue things really got interesting and after Dad jumped in too, the tough boys and girls decided real quick that they had messed with the wrong family. Then little sister opened up and she was just plain crazy -- its a wonder she didn't get not only herself but her family hurt. I've known some really unnice smokers in my day, but gnerally smokers are more peaceful than drinkers and almost always nicer than coke and meth users..

Good smoking.

legalize_freedom,

Do you mean that yours go after the biggest dog in the are too? Our Precious ruled our house even after she was blind and very obese (when she came down with SARDS and went blind she also doubled her weight in less than 4 months due glandular changes) ran the grown pit bulls ragged and just literally terrorized the new Pam pup, Snow. She wouldn't hunt them down, but Heaven help the one that startled her , go tin her way, took her food or whatever torqued her at the moment. There was a reason why her nick name was the Queen (not politically correct word for female dog). But her putting ht epup in her placewas the best thing that happened ot her since she went blind. She started strutting again, especially right after dominating Snow, moving around quicker and lost almost al of the excess weight just "fighting" or putting the pup in her place. She never harmed the pup and after the pup leaned to go submissive and just hold still until Precious left, there was really not even much of a tussle. Not once did I evr see the pup or one of the pits even snarl bark at her. It was just like they knew she was blind and needed protection and submission.

They sure were protective of her and when she passed, they respected her things and territory. They would go after any other dog that got into Precious' space even after she was gone. So did the pup.

Here are a couple of pictures of Snow, devil eyes and all. They really don't glow like that off camera. She won't hold still long enough to get one of her looking up at me. I believe the left picture is after her grooming and the one on the right is just before when her hair is long. They were taken a little over 2 months ago. She just turned 1. She shows no adverse effect from Precious daily putting her in her place.

Good smoking

Snow's haircut 10-2-09.JPG

Snow before hair cut10-1-09.JPG

Latest posts

Back