The Gun Crisis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCalHal

Reaction score
I would like to start a Gun thread, not to be political at all, and I don't want to get it closed folks.

I am just curious as to what the other States are facing as far as new gun legislature, if any.
Being in Cali, the most restrictive gun state in the union, I wonder waht the other states think about what is going on.

One new piece of legislature being introduced in Cali is restrictive ammo laws. They want us to get a license to buy ammo, and make it a felony to possess hollowpoint rounds or possesion of more then 500 rounds, period, not per caliper.

Are other areas of the US facing huge ammo shortages also?

I'd sure be much happier if they stopped issuing concealed gun licences in my state.

That is messed up NCH.

HP bullets cause a cleaner kill, in that the animals do not suffer by having a solid round go through them causing minimal damage and just prolonging suffering.

As far as I am concerned outlawing guns will not solve the problem. The people that are doing these mass killings will just find some other means to do the same thing. They can get on the internet and in a matter of minutes find instructions in how to make a bomb or they can just drive into a crowd of people with their cars. When this starts to happen are they going to outlaw cars or home cleaning products or fertilizers? I think they just want the people to think they are doing something to solve the problem but I think it would be more beneficial to use the money they are wasting doing this and putting it where it belongs, back into mental health.

If I was to live in Cali with those laws I would be a felon. As I have my own re-loader with way more then 500 brass cartridges. I have not seen anything substantial in my state besides talk and that nobody seems to know the answer.

Rick said:
I'd sure be much happier if they stopped issuing concealed gun licences in my state.

Why do you say that? this kind of thinking drives me nuts how could you possibly think that could make things better?? People carrying concealed are the law abiding citizens if anything more people should carry and we wouldn't have **** like sandy Hill and the Auroura theatre shooting even happen or be so bad

they just passed some proposals here in Colorado just this week the biggest ones being universal background check, basically no concealed carry, and max of 15 round mags. i think they vote on them later this week hope they dont go through but not counting on it weve got a bunch of idiots here in colo

None of those are going to do a damn thing, people arent going to care when selling to one another, we need more people to carry concealed and **** like this wouldnt happen as often, and people are just going to get mags with 15 or more rounds somewhere else

NCH those are pretty bad laws you might have there. i truly believe this world is heading for bad times **** is about to hit the fan i predict the next american revolution

I live in the South,,,need I say more.:D

Gun Toten Bible Thumpen territory.:farm:

i'm in nch's boat. my gun laws are pretty strict. 18 to own a shotgun, 21 to own a handgun. all automatic weapons are outlawed. you need 1 license to own a shotgun and one to own a handgun. the background check is processed by your local police department, and takes anywhere from 1-3 months to get back to you. you have to renew your license every year or every 2 years.

there's so many restrictions, i cant even remember them all. but even with all those gun restrictions i would still own one if it wasn't for one epically stupid law. if a man breaks into my house, and i shoot him, i will go to jail for excessive force. the ONLY time i'm allowed to shoot someone for breaking into my home is if he has a gun and has open fire on me or my family.

ShOrTbUs said:
i'm in nch's boat. my gun laws are pretty strict. 18 to own a shotgun, 21 to own a handgun. all automatic weapons are outlawed. you need 1 license to own a shotgun and one to own a handgun. the background check is processed by your local police department, and takes anywhere from 1-3 months to get back to you. you have to renew your license every year or every 2 years.

there's so many restrictions, i cant even remember them all. but even with all those gun restrictions i would still own one if it wasn't for one epically stupid law. if a man breaks into my house, and i shoot him, i will go to jail for excessive force. the ONLY time i'm allowed to shoot someone for breaking into my home is if he has a gun and has open fire on me or my family.

Wow if i were you id be getting the hella out of that state, that is ridiculous

I've carried concealed since '85, never asked for, nor required anyone's permission, I am a FREE individual.
I exercise my rights.
I meet my responsibilities.
I accept the repercussions.

cubby said:
I've carried concealed since '85, never asked for, nor required anyone's permission, I am a FREE individual.
I exercise my rights.
I meet my responsibilities.
I accept the repercussions.

indeed, i own an illegal double barrel that's been saw'd off. my dad used to use it to kill bay rats(they are big) back in the day. when i purchased my first home for my family, he gave it to me for protection. i've only ever shot it in the woods, doing target practice.

WeedHopper said:

^this

Sounds like my state :p

SmokinMom said:
^this

Sounds like my state :p

Here in DC. No handguns of any kind allowed. Countries strictest gun laws.
Literally. 100yds away. The border to VA. Where Im surprised they dont give a free gun with a fillup of gas.

SC isnt much different from VA. Outside the no background check at gunshows when buying private. Plus when Im at home in SC. No fireworks laws really. Cause as you know. Nothings quite as fun as a roman candle war while pretending to play commando operations in the aisles of Target.

Guns dont kill people, people do!
Lol
I would love a gun tbh but i think for me its a male thing tbh as i have no need for one but i would love to try out a real sniper rifle along with the dillinger m420.
Lol
T4

I own a ruger 38 and a mossberg, I barely pull out the Moss unless I'm tellin someone about it and they want to see it. .38 stays with me at all times and the Persuader stays home.

I don't know what liberal ** they wanna pass here but I'm sure whatever they can do to begin to take our/your rights away, they'll try...

good thread NorCal...

I'll look into what they tryin' here.

:peace:

WeedHopper said:

Your area is what I am curious about Sir. Are you guys seeing a huge increse in ammo prices along with it being hard to find?

Don't think for a minuate that Cali doesn't have it's fair share of guns m friend. We can not have full aoto's legally, but we can have alot of cool stuff.

As it sits now, we can have AR's AK's, the only issue is we have to have magazines that only carry 10 rounds. Now, that means we can have say, 30 rd Magpuls, with a block in it to allow only 10rd's. The block is easily removable. We also have a "bullet button" that restricts the dropping of the Mag by having to use a "tool" to drop it. Lots of workarounds for that also.

Basically, we can have alot of cool stuff, as long as we install a "bullet button", for now.

I know alot of folks are up in arms out here, so I am sure the feeling is 10 fold in the more non restrictive states.

What I am seeing out here in Cali is plain crazy. It is nearly impossible to find a semi auto handgun and really impossible to find any kind of AR or AK.
Gun sales are thru the roof. The local gun shop that I go to is the Number 1 shop in all of Cali. A little hole in the wall store, but they cater to AR folks and have NOT raised thier prices on any items at all, no price gouging like the clowns at Cheaper then Dirt. Makes me sick.

As far as CCW, I am lucky, kinda. The local Sheriff is handing them out like crazy. I have my appt set, but it is not until Augest!

SF is like DC, no handguns at all, I think, not too sure.

I have heard there is a shortage of ammo here in this State. I personaly dont know cause I aint needed any Ammo. I cannot own a Weapon.;) I know nothing.:D

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Here in DC. No handguns of any kind allowed. Countries strictest gun laws.
Literally. 100yds away. The border to VA. Where Im surprised they dont give a free gun with a fillup of gas.

SC isnt much different from VA. Outside the no background check at gunshows when buying private. Plus when Im at home in SC. No fireworks laws really. Cause as you know. Nothings quite as fun as a roman candle war while pretending to play commando operations in the aisles of Target.

we're not allowed to have fireworks in nj. i hate this police state. we're not allowed to do anything.

yeah up here in WA state there's an 8 month wait just to get in line for an AR15 and ammo prices have gone up significantly.

You cant get any kind of semi auto gun here in CO, my dad is really good friends with a gun shop owner and he says getting an AR is out of the question now, manufactures arent making anymore in fear that they will be outlawed and they will have a bunch left that they cant sell. this same owner had about 20 Kimber pistols that he put out one day and they were all gone the next and if you know anything about Kimbers they range from 1200 to 1500 each so they are not cheap. same for ammo mostly .22 and .223 shells you cant find only high caliber hunting rounds is what you can find and if you can find any .22. or .223 you can only buy limited quantities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back