The infamous Chem Dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maineharvest said:
I can really see a deficiency in the pics in post number 15. What are you feeding her?

Just tap water, we have checked the pH levels here a few times and they are right on for the girls.

maineharvest said:
I can really see a deficiency in the pics in post number 15. What are you feeding her?

I do have some yellowing leaves, a lot more lately than normal, starting to get nervous. First it was just some lower fan leaves but now the top is starting to turn, none of the leaves are to the point of dying but they are really dry. What kind of nutrient deficiency do you think it is?

Nitrogen...Mainly...Probably more...

You should get a hold of a solid set of Nutes...General Hydroponic 3-Part is good.

420_Osborn said:
Nitrogen...Mainly...Probably more...

You should get a hold of a solid set of Nutes...General Hydroponic 3-Part is good.

Sweet. Thanks bud. I have the day off tomorrow so I;ll try and find some.

No problem...you've done good so far...feed them and they will reward you

i hope you give her a bigger pot she will keep growing roots for the first few weeks of flower

Thanks for the replies!
I had my roomate look at it and he said that my fluro's might be too close and that could certainly be the case, i keep the canned fluro's about 1" from the plant, same with the two 24" fluro's but those dont seem to be a problem, maybe I should do away with the cans and just get a couple more tubes. Its weird because the bottom branches are looking beautiful, flowering and evrythng. Just the tops dont look healthy, dry and discolored(maybe root bound).
I was reading that you can trim the top growth to promote lower growth so I did a little of that. We'll see what happens. I also tied down some of the lower branches to train them and I added less than 1/2 teaspoon of revive and less than 1/2 teaspoon of flowering nuts to a 1 liter spray bottle. which usually lasts a few days.
I am also thinking of transplanting to prevent root bound but I'd like to keep the plant this size and I read that a larger root mass results in a taller, bushier plant. And i dont want to trim it more than i have to, it causes stress on the plant.

Well, any suggestions, let me know, Thanks for everything.

Eric

THG is, of course, correct. However, I absolutely understand doing a test grow or two before sinking a lot of cash into it. Also want to add that I am amazed at how well it looks considering the little lighting, no circulation and no added nutes (must be some pretty good soil!!). Someone obviously has a green thumb.
Pretty sure you're gonna get hooked on it.
And your gonna freak at how they grow under decent lights.

For the time being, if you want to do it cheaply (and can do some simple wiring), buy 10 light sockets and 10 of those curly CFL's and an extension card, attach them to a piece of plywood (you can paint the board white or cover it with reflectant), wire them together (they only draw 26 watts each so it's completely safe to wire them in series), then just hang the board over your growspace. However you choose to hang it, make sure you can adjust it up/down.

I keep seeing the thread, I have to ask...

Why is Chem Dog INfamous? In SoCal a few years back it was just famous...what did it do to ruin its reputation?

:fly:

OGKushman said:
I keep seeing the thread, I have to ask...

Why is Chem Dog INfamous? In SoCal a few years back it was just famous...what did it do to ruin its reputation?

:fly:

Ball busting is an art form I see......:D

I have a good feeling i'm gonna get a lot of strong(?) opinions on my latest endeavor with my little queen...
So I was reading about trimming my girl to make sure i'm doing it alright and I read that cutting offf new growth at the top of your plant promotes more vigorous growth on the lower areas of the plant. Also, as I mentioned a few days ago I've been having some discoloration in my leaves at the top of my plant. My buddy and I decided the discolored leaves are from light burn from my canned fluorescent bulbs. So I removed the cans from the lights, and while I was trimming the burnt and crispy fan leaves I basically topped all the tallest branches on my plant, about 5 total. They weren't flowering up top anyway, and the lower branches seem sooooooo much healthier so I figured why-not? Even though I know why not, because the top cola is supposed to the biggest. But I dont mind considering i'm trying to keep my plant short and bushy.. I think it's gonna turn out ok, but I wanted to mention it cause I am a little nervous about it.. Let me know what ya guys think. I know it's not conventional, no need to state the obvious or call me a lame amateur(even though I am..), but you can if you want! Isn't the internet great that way? :D I'll post pics tomorrow.
Peace, Love, Dope. Lowelz.

P290311_01.37_[01]-600x600.jpg

That pic sucks, ill put up some better ones a lil later.

She looks like she is a lil bit beat up bro.....is she in flower?

Dude you never want to top or trim your plant while in flower stage. If you do that the plant uses its energy to repair rather than make dank stinky buds. Don't expect much of a harvest.If you knew better, why did you do it?lol stoner..:joint:

Hamster Lewis said:
Ball busting is an art form I see......:D
oh yes. I have practiced many years and learnd from ballcrunching master Animal454 :bow:

Latest posts

Back