The last 4,744 years of MJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes im aftraid so Snuggles, I think we should write letters to the respective countries proclaiming our dissaproval of them not being able to script past 4,744 ago, my mind does wonder at how far back MJ actually goes.

All I can find is this ...

The oldest record of medicinal use of marijuana comes from Chinese texts, around 5000 years ago. Its exact origins are still unknown but most experts hypothesize that it originated from somewhere in Central Asia, north of the Himalayan Mountains. The Latin term cannabis had a Greek origin (kannabis) whereas the English word hemp is derived from Middle English hempe and the earlier Old English form henep or haenep. The term marijuana may have arisen from the Portuguese marihuango or the Mexican-Spanish mariguana, both of which mean "intoxicant." Marijuana is a term that indicates a preparation made from the flowering or fruiting tops of the cannabis plant from which the resin has not been extracted. The use of the term cannabis is international, yet its products and the plant itself can be called many different names. The synonyms, excluding the street names, are almost legion and vary from country to country. For example, Central Africans refer to cannabis as mata, kwane, M bhanze, or dagga while Indians commonly refer to it as charas, bhang, ganja, or hashish.

Yes another MJ tragedy. Anthropologists could learn tons from it. Here in our country most people have no clue....research is rare but I would bet it's very very old. I have heard that some fossils have been found with endocannabinoid systems and that's old.....:holysheep:

More like 6,000 years- you know, when people and jesus and dinosaurs all frolicked together and watched the Grand Canyon being built.

c.30 AD : Jesus teaches: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man (Matthew 15:11). The Gospels refer to the New Wine and declare that it is best when the clusters are ripe.

Cool timeline but this entry has nothing whatsoever to do with cannabis.

GreenMan74 said:
c.30 AD : Jesus teaches: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man (Matthew 15:11). The Gospels refer to the New Wine and declare that it is best when the clusters are ripe.

Cool timeline but this entry has nothing whatsoever to do with cannabis.

I think my smoke is better when the clusters are ripe!

LOL.

:hubba:

A long read but well woth it to only see once again that its been with in the past 200 years that humans as a whole havent been allowed to use what they have been for a few thousand years :shocked: talk about blind with the sight these turds are just keeping it away becasue organizations like the F.D.A. stand to make more profit from manufactured drugs many of which end up killing the patients they are "trying" (my arse) to help. Its time for all of the worlds authority figures to get the hint, that no matter what they do the healing power of this plant can and will overcome all of their fight to erradicate it and get on with the understanding of its powers being limitless.

A funny side note to add to this is that hops is also classified as a cannaboid too and here we are tossing it in our brews by the ton, beer still legal, cannabis not so much.

Greenman74 said:
c.30 AD : Jesus teaches: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man (Matthew 15:11). The Gospels refer to the New Wine and declare that it is best when the clusters are ripe.Cool timeline but this entry has nothing whatsoever to do with cannabis.
i say you no not much old testiment then my friend and should read Matthew and see for your own eyes that the end is truly near as it was handed down by Jesus that the blind will lead the blind and as it does pertain to this wonderus plant allow me to quote a few of the passages...

Mathew 15:10 -16:

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

Latest posts

Back