The LOFT Build - In the shed with burner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you use a r20 roxsul, fire , water & sound insulation & a poly/ vapour barrier you wont have issues. frame properly and seal any big gaps from the out side. is the shed have siding on the outside? or a shingled roof? if so you are good to go

oh ya good luck burner!! giver like you were 18 again lol
im painting and setting up equipment this weekend, my equip came today

Hey Burner; about the wiring; You would be better off to go with the 12/2 and the 30a breaker. Even if your coming in just under 20amps, having the 30a setup will allow you some flexability for the future. I just had to rewire my whole lab because we put an additional room on it and hadn't really wired it for expansion. I know that you are fairly limited on expansion with your shed but (like Solanero said)Its better to have more and not need it than less and find that you need more.

On the insulation, I am not sure about the other stuff that you mentioned. I actually used some insulation from Lowes that is the standard 4'x8' sheet insulation in my lab. It is the white styrofoam and has what appears to be Mylar on one side, but I haven't been able to find anything on how reflective it is.

The reason that I mentioned the Tekfoil is because my wife brought me a book from a distributor that sells it, and they talked like its the best stuff available. They said it works as a vapor barrier, insulator, and fully light and IR reflective, and its fairly reasonable. I am planning on using it in my new lab-room addition. :)

Hey I went back and looked at the insulation that I used and found that it is "Polyshield" and they don't give any data on the reflectivity of the "metalic" film so I suspect that it is not very efficient for using as a reflective insulation for our purposes, and it doesn't claim to be a vapor barrier either. I will definitely go with the Tekfoil on my room addition, and I am going to either cover the polyshield that is in my other room or paint it white.

for polyshield and tekfoil info go to...farmtek.com

First off, I want to apologize for wasting anyone’s time that replied to this thread and helped me out. After a long heated discussion with my wife, I’m not going to be going thru with this project. After finally convincing her, she agreed and allowed me to grow for the past year, but was never really happy with it. She has very high anxiety as it is, and I know it put her thru a lot. I hated seeing her like that.

We’re at a point in our lives where we want to start to try and have kids soon, and she can’t get over the fact that I CAN get busted and I most likely would be going to jail, and I honestly can’t put her through it anymore, especially if we are going to try and start a family in the near future. I really wished I lived in a state that MJ is legal, but NJ is not that cool and I have to face facts; Although I enjoy, and love it, growing is illegal where i'm at. Believe me though, IF jersey ever loosens up and legalizes it like it should be, i'll be first in line....right behind Hammy ;)

On another note, i'm not goin anywhere:D, I'm going to do another outdoor crop next summer and get my toes wet with some guerrilla growing. Should be fun experience, I get to cook some soil to feed them girls all summer long:) My bro's grow so i'll still be able to live thru them and visit plants throughout the year and help out where I can....gimme some snips, i'll help trim some nugs:D

-burner

Got to keep your sweetie happy. Good karma to you for putting your wife's happiness before your own. You are truly a good husband.

Thanks THG, I appreciate the kind words. Happy wife, happy life:D

That sucks bro but it is totally understandable and I wld do the same thing. Gotta keep the wife happy...and it is commendable of you to honor her wishes and keep her life as stress free as possible. Unfortunately our state sucks and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. I hve 12 more years till I get to my 30 with UPS and then the wife and I will be packing our bags for AZ. I want to grow legal without the threat of serious jail time.:)

Thanks hammy, it does suck, but it's for the better. Like I said, my bros grow and i'll be checking on fresh plants throughout the week:) and i'll be growing outdoors next year again. Sounds like in 12 years you'll be livin nice and legal my friend

all good burner, if i had a wife i wouldnt be growin either lol but im kinda lucky, im going to have 15 legal girls soon enough. ill post lots of pics for you!! your lady has a good man, she better stick with you!

hehe Ruffy, she's a good girl too, she does a lot, i'm very lucky. I saw some of your goodies you got, i'm deff looing forward to seeing that gear in action.

Good luck with your life and wife burner. At least you are going to have a nice period ( with lot's of sex :cool:) :hubba:

...unless your wife was like me.....
are you hinting @ something thg??? you are a goddes & we live close enough.......lol just playin

Thanks BHO...like I said, happy wife, happy life:)

Latest posts

Back