The Ultimate Stealth Indoor Growing Plan...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batess01

Reaction score
I am a student, and reside in a country where it is illegal to grow or be in possession of marijuana. I am inexperienced in this department, but have done a bit of research, could you tell me what you think? opinions welcomes improvements,... even more welcomed. thank you.

sea of green stealth budget idea...JPG

stealth design..JPG

Sorry to put a dampner on things batess01, but I think that your grow box is too small for 2 compartments and a HPS light, considering that you should leave 2 feet between the top of the plants and HPS bulb.

Have you considered using CFL from start to finish. Some growers successfully do this. You'll have more room, and also temps will not get so high.

I think intake into your flower room and exhaust thru your veg room would be more efficient too. You could cut a hole in the floor of the veg compartment and run pvc thru the hole at angles (so no light gets thru) and this would exhaust your flower room and veg room at the same time. CFLs are compact fluorescents.

CFL's are compact fluorescents. You can read about them under the lighting section here

EDIT Beat me to it again bombbudpuffa :chuck: ;)

Thanks very much, hmm im thinking of going against this plan of 2 shelves, seeing as i think i can just do one plant at a time...

so il do one plant.

just got some questions...

a) what light should i use, its only one plant...
b) whats the cheapest and most effective way of reducing or getting rid of smell.
c) what seed should i go for, i heard top 44 was great for indoor growth, but this takes 8MONTHS to harvest... i need something that:
- harvests quick
- great yield
- SMELLS AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE
- is very small, and bushy not tall.

Any answers to any of these questions would be GREAT.

CFL for veg then switch to hps for flower. Try Nirvanas' Papaya if you want something that's compact, very low smell, great yield and, best of all, the chronic!!!

For a space that size, I would go with CFL. If you go for a Lowryder strain, they will stay short, and I also believe that they are not as smelly as other strains.

EDIT Beat me too it again ... lol :rant: :argue: :chuck:

Brilliant thanks guys.

I have looked around the internet for compact flourescents.. but only found bubls, il probably get about six of these, but need something to screw them into... any help? links? etc?

and also any links to how i can reduce the smell dramaticaly with kit etc?

thanks

Runbyhemp said:
For a space that size, I would go with CFL. If you go for a Lowryder strain, they will stay short, and I also believe that they are not as smelly as other strains.

EDIT Beat me too it again ... lol :rant: :argue: :chuck:
Lol:D.

batess01 said:
Thanks very much, hmm im thinking of going against this plan of 2 shelves, seeing as i think i can just do one plant at a time...

so il do one plant.

just got some questions...

a) what light should i use, its only one plant...
b) whats the cheapest and most effective way of reducing or getting rid of smell.
c) what seed should i go for, i heard top 44 was great for indoor growth, but this takes 8MONTHS to harvest... i need something that:
- harvests quick
- great yield
- SMELLS AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE
- is very small, and bushy not tall.

Any answers to any of these questions would be GREAT.

Hey bates, glad to see you're giving growing a shot. If you want some ideas for your microgrow, you should check out my grow journal (in my sig) I'm using only CFL's in a rubbermaid tub, which is probably around the size of your cabinet.
But, to answer your questions more directly:
A) For one plant, I'd reccomend all CFL's. When you buy them it will have a lumen rating on the package. You want ~3,000-5,000 lumens for the veg stage, and then something like 5,000-6,000 lumens for flowering (that's per square foot, so you do the math). Oh, and when you look for them, "cool whites" are better for veg (these have a temp rating of ~6500K), and "warm" or "soft whites" are better for flowering (these have a temp rating of ~2700K). They won't raise your electric bill, and they don't put off much heat. You can keep your plants just an inch or two from them. You will probably be looking for 26watt cool whites, and 42watt warm whites.

B) The cheapest way of getting rid of smell would be to make a homemade carbon scrubber. This is basically exhausting your air from the grow box through some activated charcol, so it comes out smelling fresh :). I'm using one I made from 2 tupperware containers (~$2.00 each, and a cmf computer fan ~$12.00) You can buy the activated charcol in pet stores, usually about $5.00 for almost a Lb. and if you put ~1inch in your carbon scubber it should last through your whole grow.

C)You can always top, or LST your plants to keep them small and bushy.... but, if you want a plant that is GARANTEED small, and bushy, you should go with a Lowrider, or a Lowrider hybrid. I havn't grown these, myself, but lots of people reccomend them here.

Again, good luck to you bates.

batess01 said:
Brilliant thanks guys.

I have looked around the internet for compact flourescents.. but only found bubls, il probably get about six of these, but need something to screw them into... any help? links? etc?

and also any links to how i can reduce the smell dramaticaly with kit etc?

thanks
Go to walmart or lowes and they have lamp kits with your socket and plug, etc. Thats what I use. Or just do a search for lamp kits. Good luck.

Btw, remember guys, he asked about yield too! Lowryder, from what i've read, has a very low yield. Especially if you're only growing one plant. Would be a waste of time to grow a quarter of so so bud.

FloydBanks said:
Oh, and when you look for them, "cool whites" are better for veg (these have a temp rating of ~6500K), and "warm" or "soft whites" are better for flowering (these have a temp rating of ~2700K).

Actually this might not be too accurate when it comes to CFL's, after doing some research thru multiple sites i found plenty warm white cfls within the 6000k range. On my area( i say this because packaging may differ per company) the ones for vegging are the natural daylight cfl's which only give around the 6500k range(clear white light-Blue spectrum) and the creamy yellow light from cfl's are the ones for flowering.

yellowish light=flowering
clear whites=vegging

thanks for the quick, and welcoming replies folks.

I think i will go for the Lowryder seed this time, as im just trying it out.

I was just wondering, i live in UK whats the cheapest place to buy all of the following equiptment.

I put some links with them, if you could tell me whether or not it is the correct spec that would be great.

BEARING IN MIND I ONLY WANT A SMALL SET UP FOR 3 OR SO SMALL PLANTS TO GET ABOUT AN OUNCE FROM. MY MAIN CONCERN IS STEALTH (VERY CAUTIOUS) AND YIELD (HIGH) ALONG WITH EASE OF GROWTH (EASY PLEASE) as well as money wise, id like to spend way under £100-150 for the whole set up.

Carbon filter
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BME1.html?utm_source=froogle

extraction fan
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=32488

CFL LAMP KITS WITH BULBS. (i put down a big list here, i need cheapest)
http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=cfl+LAMP+KIT&hl=en&um=1&scoring=p

i know this is a lot to ask, couldnt think of anywhere else to ask..

thank you.

be aware...a lot of people on here say lowryder is guaranteed to be short. It's not... Most lowryder crosses are not 100% stable and will not always have the right phenotypes. That means that some plants will have phenotypes pertaining to the plant the lowryder was crossed with. So infact it can be pretty tall. Sometimes you'll get them how they were supposed to be. Also keep in mind that lowryder is not a very potent strain. It does grow fast though and autoflowers. But because of that very short veg period your yield is going to be pretty weak. I think you would be much happier getting a nice indica strain which has characteristics of staying short. And it will probably be a lot more potent than the lowryder. There are various techniques you can use to keep the plant short. Topping and LST (low strength training) are some. You can also use bushmaster which is a one time use suppliment used before flowering. It stunts vertical growth and promotes bushy growth. You should be able to pull off flowering one plant with decent yields.

Latest posts

Back