Thirsty Girls Normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
Okay im stumped and dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Girls are in 3 gal grow bags and have had to be watered every 4-5 days throug veg. not a problem.

flipped to 12/12 this week and I already have had to water twice.:eek: I went out and saw then the day after flipping the switch and they looked liked they wanted water....I thought, "Thats wierd, i just watered yesterday.....but she was practicly bone dry. Watered her and a little more than usual, went out this morning, same thing,,,,almost bone dry....

Temps and humidity are at optimum levels....Is this normal behavior? they are going to drink the nile if i let them...

i find that when the plants hit the stretch they suck up some nutes and water.in dwc when they hit the stretch i have had to add back almost a gallon of water.when they are in the stretch they do some awesome eating and drinking.jmo

yes andy I find that in soil as well..NTC...can you throw up some pics..I grow in 3 gal GB..snd find that after the stretch they are takeing up to a whole gallon of liguid every 2 days..I use a soil moistier meeter..it helps me..good luck..and KEEP M GREEN

New_2_Chronic said:
Okay im stumped and dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Girls are in 3 gal grow bags and have had to be watered every 4-5 days throug veg. not a problem.

flipped to 12/12 this week and I already have had to water twice.:eek: I went out and saw then the day after flipping the switch and they looked liked they wanted water....I thought, "Thats wierd, i just watered yesterday.....but she was practicly bone dry. Watered her and a little more than usual, went out this morning, same thing,,,,almost bone dry....

Temps and humidity are at optimum levels....Is this normal behavior? they are going to drink the nile if i let them...

i pour 1 gallon of water with all the nutrients almost every day my plant sucks up a lot of water.

Its a Scrog so I dont know how tall they are right now. The plants were about 11 inches tall when i put them under the screen, so id say around 18 inches now.

Should I go a lttle heavier each watering or water more often? I give each plants about 2-3 cups of water when they get watered.

More frequent waterings mean more frequent feedings right? I feed every other watering.

current pics are in my journal.

i would not feed more often,just bump up the amount of nutes you are feeding.when its time to feed.

wait? two to three cups???? when i was in 2 gallon pots befor flower i would use a half gallon per plant. Now im in 5 gallon pots, and i use 1 gallon per pot. your not watering them enough in one sitting. You should saturate the soil, and the root ball so that it is extremely heavy with water. The plant will do the rest. this will keep the plant hydrated.

IMO it comes down how u want your soil. i enjoy wartering daily, so i choise a soil that drains very very well, that is very air raided, an i have the time to water once a day. but since i whent in to 12/12 i have not had to water since sunday. an my plants are going in to a super streach right now. so i think it just brakes down to Stain, an soil. but if thos roots are dring up, its time to water again.

Okay well I dont water from above. I water from below. I put 2 cups of water in the tray, wait for it to get sucked up by the plant and put probably another two cups in the tray, wait 15 minutes, suck out the remaining water this is done 1 - 2 times per week.

1 gallon per pot:eek: , just sounds like overwatering to me, by everything Ive learned so far, you want to only give the plant what it needs IMO. Thats why i started watering from below, read somewhere that is the "Proper" way of waering.

I use a moisture meter and keep the plants on the dry side of the moisture spectrum. I have never had a problem with overwatering, and it doesnt look like ive ever had a problem with underwatering as well.

I know a grower who feeds his plant 200ML 2 times a week and grows monster budz.....

New_2_Chronic said:
Okay well I dont water from above. I water from below. I put 2 cups of water in the tray, wait for it to get sucked up by the plant and put probably another two cups in the tray, wait 15 minutes, suck out the remaining water this is done 1 - 2 times per week.

1 gallon per pot:eek: , just sounds like overwatering to me, by everything Ive learned so far, you want to only give the plant what it needs IMO. Thats why i started watering from below, read somewhere that is the "Proper" way of waering.

I use a moisture meter and keep the plants on the dry side of the moisture spectrum. I have never had a problem with overwatering, and it doesnt look like ive ever had a problem with underwatering as well.

I know a grower who feeds his plant 200ML 2 times a week and grows monster budz.....

:confused:How is that overwatering? you see, when i water, my soil is bone dry, the plants are on the verge of wilting from lack of water. When i water, i water heavy. Overwatering is watering too much, too often. What im doing is far from overwatering, in fact, what im doing by watering so much in one sitting is beneficial, as im leaching out any salts that may have built up from the previous feeding. I think my grow speaks for itself.

IMG_1637.JPG

Latest posts

Back