This is getting RIDICULOUS...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heee hee..Stoney, there "IS" a product around called "Zoo poo" I think it is. (Efelant poo)
It's used both as a form of recycling and the proceeds from it's sales, go to support the zoo critters.

lowrydergrower775 said:
what part do you stay in dubbaman thats outrageous 1.75 for a 20 oz. ill slap that store owner hahaha

not by me they arent that high for a 20oz (yet) i think that was Mr.P that has that glad im in a test market area we dont get the ignorant prices too much around here cause if the rice is too high we wont buy it and it never makes it to the market

Hick said:
heee hee..Stoney, there "IS" a product around called "Zoo poo" I think it is. (Efelant poo)
It's used both as a form of recycling and the proceeds from it's sales, go to support the zoo critters.

ZOO POO Hahahahaahahahaha

Now THAT'S funny, man!

Your absolutely right DL..........It's easier to swim downstream than to paddle upstream!!

In 2000, i bought a 93 f250 deisel, fuel was $1.64 a gallon for it then and the truck gets 20 miles a gal. Then it was cheaper to drive my big truck than the husbands small gas truck as his regular was about $1.80 or so then and he also got 20 miles per gallon. NOW, unfortunately, since so many use deisel for heating (including me, when not using wood) deisel in my area just hit $3.59.9 and i am sick about it. The husband buys a new truck for work, and guess what? It is cheaper to ride in it at 15 miles to the gallon than it is to drive mine at 20. I also really feel for you folks who are paying so much for electricty. I get upset when mine goes over $40 a month, and when i was running the floros to vedg my plants this spring i hit $60 or so and I almost had a heart attack. I am spoiled, i know, the county i live in prolly has the cheapest power in the whole US. (I do not know that for sure tho) So i guess it evens out with the price of deisel being so high and the power prices being so low.
just thought i would add my two cents to this thread, or should that be two bits now with inflation?
good growing
tcbud

see in the area im at i can remember when gas was around a dollar and pop was about a dollar too, electricity in the area isn't a problem here i got dozens of dow plants in the area with 4 semi conductors and 3 powerplants with in a 3 mile radius. biggest issue here is tax. everything went from 6% to 8% recently to adjust for the state budget/debt. not naming names or location but my states governor is a complete idiot granite she dug us out of a huge hole in debt. but then she goes and turns down a 12 billion dollar deal for the sale of fireworks, STUPID..... those dollars could've wiped the slate clean and took care of many other issues including unemployment, tax rates, school budgets. im no man of politics but have been told i should be, and let me tell ya ur right when u say somethings wrong. a dollar isn't worth a dollar anymore... how? still got the same amount of gold in the reserve last time i knew. but then again min wage went up over 2 dollars, gas went up 3, tobacco went up 1.5 and alcohol went up too. i can specificly remember a great depression in this country and if something doesn't change we'll be right back there in less than 5 years. biggest problem IMHO is the prez just a money loving punk with a mind set to make his pockets deeper and nothing more. but enough on this it pisses me off way to much to keep at it.

Very true, I remember when gas was 79 cents a gallon.. I filled my car up on less than ten bucks and went 300 miles.. I spend about 350 dollars a month now in gas... its getting quite rediculous..we complain about the prices here, but just think about the prices Brittain is paying! They pay by the liter, too I believe. Don't even get me started on the Federal Reserve ktown, lol. I take it you saw Aaron Russo's film. Good little clip of what's happening. During the great depression corporations revived our country.. in other words a new america was born... guess it will happen again and there goes us combining governments and globalization. Interesting events will be taking place within all our lifetimes. I feel sorry for the next generations.

We pay a lot for gas too, 1 liter just hit the 1.49 Euro let me calculate that in dollars and gallon.

1 gallon is 3.79 liter which amounts to: 3.97 X 1.49= 5.65 euro which is in dollars: $8.20 for a gallon.

Here too everything is getting really expensive.

MarPassion said:
We pay a lot for gas too, 1 liter just hit the 1.49 Euro let me calculate that in dollars and gallon.

1 gallon is 3.79 liter which amounts to: 3.97 X 1.49= 5.65 euro which is in dollars: $8.20 for a gallon.

Here too everything is getting really expensive.

$8.20 per/gal ???

HOLY CRAP !!!!

$3.00 looks a lot better to me now.

Just for a comparison, Marp, how much does a person who works in a "Fast Food" place make per/hour in dollars? Something like McDonalds.

Minimum wage for people older then 23 is $1600 a month here. 1117 Euro, 38 hours a week.

Pretty crazy that a few years ago the dollar was higher then the euro.

MarPassion said:
Minimum wage for people older then 23 is $1600 a month here. 1117 Euro, 38 hours a week.

Pretty crazy that a few years ago the dollar was higher then the euro.

That's about $10 an hour, if I did the math right. That's pretty good wages here for unskilled labor. Your living costs seem a lot higher though.

like i said before......our gas prices could still be considered a bargain compared to other nations. Personally...I'm dreading this.

As Californians drive increasingly more fuel-efficient cars, state officials are alarmed that the gasoline tax will not raise enough money to keep up with road needs. As a result, California is considering replacing its state gas tax ($0.18/gallon) with a tax on every mile traveled by each car and truck. Devices placed on every vehicle would track where, how far and when vehicles travel.
For the state budget, the trend looks grim. Revenue from the gas and diesel fuel tax—about $3.3 billion—will have declined 8% between 1998 and 2005, adjusted for inflation, but the amount of miles traveled by cars and trucks on California roads has increased 16%, according to a February report by the legislative analyst. The California Transportation Commission has said the state needs about $100 billion in road and freeway repairs.
car pooling is definetly on the rise here now. Groups of people are buying econoline vans that hold like 10 adults. then they all split the costs and take turns driving for a week at a time. Makes a lot of sense when you figure the cost of parking/tolls , insurance rates by annyal mileage, gas, etc.

i bought a bike, however i can not bring my lazy self to ride it! :eek:

Latest posts

Back