Thomas Jefferson Quote in Signature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannabiscotti

Reaction score
a while back i read someones signature on here that had a quote by Thomas Jefferson...

i 4get it, but it had something to do with something to the effect of --
well, i'm not sure. but it sounded real good and made it sound like it would be a tragedy if people did not break unjust laws....

anyone??

Martin Luther King Jr. said, "An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."

That might be the quote you are talking about? If not, check out Brainy quote dot com. You can skim through a bunch of Thomas Jefferson quotes there. Also, if you get a chance, check out some of Ronald Reagan's quotes, he had some pretty good ones such as:"Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources. " and "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. "

One of my favorites:

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning".

i think the quote you're looking for is "if a law is unjust ,then you are morally obligated to break it"...

thanks guys-- if anyones still keeping track add 1 "thanked times"....

i like all of those.........but Puff Monkey gets the gold star for this thread, that was the one. My mom was saying she needed a sleep aid today, and i said tylenol PM, and she says it knocks her out. so i asked if she wanted me to roll one up for her--jokingly but honest , since she is still on the other side of the fence. today, her main thing about it was that its illegal, and i couldn't think of that quote-- 2marrow for sure!! thanks again!

Ben Franklin said, "a country who would sacrifice a little freedom, for a littlie security, will have neither and lose both." was my sig for a while.

Latest posts

Back