Thricomes ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaonehundred

I Am No1&No1 Is Perfect
Reaction score
I had a ? about tricomes. I know I will harvest at about 75% amber. I am about to be harvesting my very first grow and it's looking about a week/ish away from today. Do I go by the tricomes on the leaf or buds? or does it even matter?. Thanks in advance ..

Like stated the buds are what you actually smoke. It would be ashame to use them to check and they turn amber but buds are not and you wont get your desired effect. But they can be a good indicator. If the trichs on the leafs are turning red then the buds are soon to come. I actually have a few turning red under my leafs before anything else.

aaonehundred said:
I had a ? about tricomes. I know I will harvest at about 75% amber. I am about to be harvesting my very first grow and it's looking about a week/ish away from today. Do I go by the tricomes on the leaf or buds? or does it even matter?. Thanks in advance ..

IMO 75% amber is a little too long to wait. 25 % amber 75 % cloudy is what i shoot for.

Growdude said:
IMO 75% amber is a little too long to wait. 25 % amber 75 % cloudy is what i shoot for.

When the trichomes are turning amber does it mean it is getting more potent or that its just changing the way it will affect your body. So if I waited till the trichs are %100 amber than does that mean the plant has reached its maximum potency? I really havnt heard anyone say they try to go for almost %100 red trichomes so I am wondering if its bad to wait that long.

Amber trics means that the plants THC is now breaking down instead of being produced. Amber trics are past their maturity, people look for amber trics because they know that the cloudy trics remaining are probably at the peak of their resin production, and therefore its a good time to harvest. If you havest at more than 50 percent amber trics, that means that you harvested with more than 50 percent of the buds THC in the process of breaking down, so your potency will suffer. This is why you hear about most pople harvesting with trics more at 15-25 percent amber.

Growdude said:
What about 50/50 is that too long? I was told harvest at 80% amber:confused2: ..

Plenty of people do the 50/50 cloudy/amber trichs. I really dont hear much about people harvesting past that point. Thats a great time to harvest if you have the patience.

It's not just about the trichs breaking down, the high changes as well. Mostly cloudy is more of a head high. All amber is couchlock bud that leaves you wondering if you can reach the remote to change the channel.:hitchair:

there is a lot of great precise, information about trichome development and harvest times, windows, ect. On the Resource page.. under...:eek: Harvesting Information! ;)

Latest posts

Back