tinfoil lining

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will find that they do not have the room for good root ball. IMO the only way they work right is to put rooted clones straight into flowering I will be updating the 2litre grow as soon as me and camera decide to get along.

I'm stoned past remembering who originally posted this thread.
But if it was me, I'd go to a hardware store, the one where there's an old guy who's got the pencil on his ear.
Tell him your painting a baby's new room and you want something real safe-not alot of fumes and tell him you want flat white.

I'm think I'm going to grab the foil, some short ribs and other stuff and do a conductivity vs. reflectivity test.
lol

here:

:48:

Gb

I use flat white paint...it's cheap, except I like the Kitchen and Bath stuff, it seems like it whipes down better....LOL...and my science teacher sucked, so the only reason I use it is because I read it works in a few books, nuthin I learned in college.

sorry to hear your science teacher sucked.
I'm the different kind. I do sodium explosions and make gunpowder. Not to mention synthesising my own ferts. Probably the guy who replaced me this year is wondering why the lab has gallons of 50% phosphoric acid and ammonium hyroxide. . .

Duck, you kind of have the right idea. You obviously remember some stuff.
The new solar projects operating in deserts have a whole ton of movable mirrors like a giant parabolic reflector in total. These reflect sunlight and concentrate it all onto a black boiler located at the focus. The black boiler absorbs all the sunlight and boils the water, which runs steam turbines that create electricity. It's quite efficient. Can even produce power at night from a molten salt energy store.
There's a really cool article at
hXXp://www.agiweb.org/geotimes/apr08/article.html?id=feature_solar.html

LOL...sounds like I might have learned something in your class!!! That would have definately gotten my attention when I was in school...lol specially if science was right after 4:20 lunch break! I got suspended once for stealing the frog guts out of the lab, and putting them on a girls lunch tray...I think that was the last yr I took a science.

pcduck said:
If they can stick mirrors over your bed to enhance your love making they can do it for growing if they worked.

:spit: Love you pc. ;)

PC, don't you know that mirrors over the bed often impede love making - watching some one's butt pouncing up an down often has a tendency to incite laughter and laughter usually causes instant shut down.

Leaf-miner,

You are wasting your time trying to talk science here on the forums. They all have their minds made up and will come up with the weirdest arguments to support their positions. Those of us who understand something besides what we read in some supposed expert grower's book already agree with you and the others won't listen anyway.

They don't understand that aluminum foil has a dull side that absorbs more light, especial the infrared spectrum, than it reflects and the shiny side that reflects far more infrared than it absorbs. They don't understand that if you want to keep something from absorbing heat, you wrap it shiny side out, but it you want it to absorb or retain heat then you wrap it shiny side in and if they know that they don't have a clue why that is.

They also don't realize that the reason photo reflectors are usually flat white isn't because it reflects better but that is has a tendency to reduce bright an dim spots because it is absorbing more of the light rather than reflecting it.

Great smoking. I hope the reason you left science teaching was because you retired.

I've never seen a grow book recomend using alliminum foil...not any of them, if this idea came from a book I would like to know what one...I've got about all of them. It's pretty repetative info, but I love books. I just picked up Soma's organic book tonight....I guess I like to hear/read everyones oppinion on things, gives me a plethora of crap to swim through.

Unfortunately I wasn't born with indoor horticulture knowledge, I had to learn it. Isn't that the idea of this site is for people to learn, ask questions, maybe a little friendship? Or is it a place for people who think they know everything to be-little people who are trying to learn?

I believe that as far as possible, we should use science in our grows for things that are scientifically provable, like for instance more lumens = better yield, and we should reserve for opinion and experience those things that cannot be scientifically proven, such as adding molasses or flushing before harvest. The hydro guys for instance ... I would say that they are being very scientific in their grows, which resemble nothing so much as a laboratory with the whirring pumps. fizzing airstones, exact concentration of nutrients measured in ppms ... good grief I had trouble teaching ppms to my high schoolers. I should have told them it would be essential later on when they wanted to grow MJ.

Oh, btw, I don't teach High School any more. I had enough of being paid like $6 an hour to take all the abuse from students who don't know a photon from an electron. Now I teach English and Math to college students, much preferable, especially since there is no dress code and half of my class usually consists of great-looking 21 year old women wearing micro shorts and plunging tops.

leafminer said:
especially since there is no dress code and half of my class usually consists of great-looking 21 year old women wearing micro shorts and plunging tops.

that's the best part about college chicks. i keep getting older, but they stay the same age!

best movie ever,,,,, i have acess to many mirr but flat white paint is what most litt says....

hmmm.. an "X" high school science teacher (that only a few months ago, said indicas "will not" grow under 12/12 lighting)...and a guy that 6 months ago had never grown an mj plant, and was asking "the" most basic of questions, and if boiling roots, and/or hanging upside down increased potency...:giggle:

"I" think I will put my faith in the gurus that have studied the plant (actually grown it more than once or twice) and written the respected books and guides..;)

i like all advice it up to you to choose the right answer but hick you are right advice of the journeyman..woman....

Hick said:
hmmm.. an "X" high school science teacher (that only a few months ago, said indicas "will not" grow under 12/12 lighting)...and a guy that 6 months ago had never grown an mj plant, and was asking "the" most basic of questions, and if boiling roots, and/or hanging upside down increased potency...:giggle:

"I" think I will put my faith in the gurus that have studied the plant (actually grown it more than once or twice) and written the respected books and guides..;)

Hey Hick-

Happy New Year!

Are you sure you're not confusing two different posters here? Leafminer is the one who said he's an ex-science teacher. I think it's DonJones who's been asking those crazy questions.

DonJones said:
Leaf-miner,

You are wasting your time trying to talk science here on the forums. They all have their minds made up and will come up with the weirdest arguments to support their positions. Those of us who understand something besides what we read in some supposed expert grower's book already agree with you and the others won't listen anyway.

Again, on behalf of the forum, I'm offended by this. This has been a discussion where differing opinions have been put forth. People have been respectful and presented intelligent responses. I didn't see one negative post.

Generalties about the members here and speaking in absolutes are what don't belong here. Jeeesh.:confused:

Hick said:

Whom are you speaking of?

Hick said:
hmmm..leafminer, an "X" high school science teacher and (that only a few months ago, said indicas "will not" grow under 12/12 lighting)...and DJ,a guy that 6 months ago had never grown an mj plant, and was asking "the" most basic of questions, and if boiling roots, and/or hanging upside down increased potency...:giggle:

EDITED for clarity BB...;)
BBFan said:
Hey Hick-

Again, on behalf of the forum, I'm offended by this. This has been a discussion where differing opinions have been put forth. People have been respectful and presented intelligent responses. I didn't see one negative post.

Generalties about the members here and speaking in absolutes are what don't belong here. Jeeesh.
that is exactly what prompted my post BB, the insulting, berating attitude displayed by a novice grower with very busy finger... and it isn't only 'this' thread that his posts have generalized the membership as stupid or below his intelect. I thought putting his experience and knowledge .."in perspective" was in order.

Latest posts

Back