tomatoes indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
ok i have a question for the pro gardners. i still have some of my grow lights setup and im wondering how would very young tomatoe plants due under 24/0 lights? i also have some cowhorn peppers im thinking of trying the same way. any thoughts on this would be great. all theplants are still very small and i'd just like to keep them under these lights untill the get a little bigger. im just not sure what will happen to them under 24/0.

Same as a weed plant i'd imagine stay in veg, different species all together but i run my basil plants under 24/0 to prevent them flowering and keep them growing fast.
My peas and toms were started under 125w envirolight they loved it.
I like my fresh pesto.

^+1 i have a dhalia in a 15g pot that is about to start covering its second wall/floor. it grew up out of the pot then spilled over onto the floor like a wave and not grows the main shoots along the floor and all the stems go up. its so big i just shove it around when i move it as kind of a random size control technique. heh. ive had that plant suck up over 3gal of water in one feeling! when you break it it bursts with water and shoots yr face( :p no jokes)

Hey Slowmo, I am going to try the same thing. I am going to put some tomatoes, peppers, and herbs (the other kind) in my veg closet and see how they do. I am about 4 weeks away from being able to put plants outside and not worry about frost. I have some room in my veg closet, so decided that I would try to get a jump on the season, because it is so short here. We'll compare notes.

thanks for the info. so far they're doing fine. but like i said they're pretty small so it would take a while for them to out grow my space, but we'll see.

THG, i hear ya. we're past the last frost but its been raining here like crazy. i put out a bunch of plants in the garden and they all drown i guess from all the rain. i figure if i can get the plants bigger then put them out some of this rain will be gone and the plants will be sronger also.. i'll take pics here soon if i remember.

Latest posts

Back