Trading, Selling, and Gifting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkunkPatronus

Expecto Patronum
Reaction score
Is trading, selling or giving old stuff away, totally and completely against the rules here?
Obviously seeds, weed and edibibles are a total no-no, but what about old lights, and stuff?
I KNOW everybody here that has grown for a while has just a ton of 'stuff' collecting dust as you upgrade thru the years. I do. And everytime I read a post by sometrying to grow something decent under 2 tubes or less :) i think of all the discards sitting around my house. Nothing spectacular, but when you're young and don't have 2 nickles to rub together, any help is welcome.
Does anyone know about posting said 'stuff' somehow?

Try ebay or craigs list....I don't know many people on here that wld take the risk of losing anonymity just to buy or sell stuff on here...and I think there is a basic rule about compromising your personal info on the forum...

SkunkPatronus said:
Is trading, selling or giving old stuff away, totally and completely against the rules here?
Obviously seeds, weed and edibibles are a total no-no, but what about old lights, and stuff?
I KNOW everybody here that has grown for a while has just a ton of 'stuff' collecting dust as you upgrade thru the years. I do. And everytime I read a post by sometrying to grow something decent under 2 tubes or less :) i think of all the discards sitting around my house. Nothing spectacular, but when you're young and don't have 2 nickles to rub together, any help is welcome.

It is a wonderful thought and I would like to be able to participate in something like that, but it just can't happen. I am like you--I have tons of stuff lying around and I know that there are many that could use the stuff I am not, However, there is no way to manage something like this and still retain the anonymity that many (in non medical states) need. As long as this country has the archaic mj laws that it does, secrecy has to be priority 1.

dman1234 said:
box it all up, print a grow guide off this site and give it to a good young pothead you know and wish them luck.

just a thought.

There are several people I know that I would love to be able to do this with....but then there is still that secrecy thing...

The Hemp Goddess said:
There are several people I know that I would love to be able to do this with....but then there is still that secrecy thing...

True...

and thats why we have the extra stuff lying around.

its a vicious cycle.

dman1234 said:
Good thought.

But are many people here willing to give up their personal info.

I'm legal. I would think many of us are.

SkunkPatronus said:
9. The sale of marijuana or the discussion of sales is not allowed here. The purchase or sale of any items through this site is not allowed. To purchase or sell something, you must first let this total stranger know exactly who you are and where you live. That just isn't smart. 10. Trading seeds among members is not aloud.

"Yes" unfortunately, we are forced to keep it strictly prohibited here..
I would suggest, as the others "craigs list".. especially in a mmj state and you are legal.. ;)

:yeahthat:

And, even if you are "legal" (although we all know that because of federal law, no one is truly legal), I am not sure that it would be a good idea to let people (that you do not know from Adam) know that you have a grow op. There are a lot of scumbags out there--seems a bit risky.

Can you even imagine the HUGE PILE of unused gardening gear out there? :holysheep:

Off the top of my head... I've got (2) 430w HPS with aircooled hoods, a 250w MH w/ballast built into the reflector, some old T12 shop lights, at least three Ebb n Flo n Eddie trays/reservoirs that are "Happy Together" in a pile :rolleyes:, a 25 gal and a 50 gal reservoir and several buckets from an old GH Aquafarm setup... squirrel cage fans of every size, pumps, timers, CO tanks and all the cha cha and controllers for CO2 injection... and more airstones and air pumps than the local Mom and Pop fish store... :p

Good God man... there it sits! After years of doing larger grows and being under the false impression that it takes a lot of space to grow the best bud I came to my senses and started experimenting with a self sufficient closet grow and I haven't looked back... I finally did give away a huge box of 3 yr old nutes that I have no intention of using...

Years ago I bought my Dad a small hydro setup with a couple hydroton buckets and a reservoir to play with growing tomatoes up north in the winter. He got into it for a couple years and then never touched it for several and he ended up giving it all to a local school to use in their science dept and that worked out great... a win-win...

Maybe we should load up all our stuff and drop it off in the middle of the night on the doorstep of our local schools... But I suppose that would be the time Barney Fife would be making the rounds and then what are you going to say.... uh.... uh.... :confused:

Peace!:cool:

We need a TomatoPassion.com or Hydro-Veggies-R-Us where we show off our hydroponically grown vegetables along with a Buy/Sell/Trade Equipment section :D.

FYI: I got 3,350,000 hits on google - hydroponic vegetables.

I'll be the one called VanArtdolay :rolleyes:. Maybe tHick, 4U2eat and purpleeggplant will be there, too?

Thanks for all the input everybody. Oh well.

It's funny reading your post D.O.S, evidentally i have 'junk' like you have 'junk', some of the same junk in fact. Hardly garage sale fodder either.

All those plug-in gizzmos to grow a plant that thrives in the sun for free. Kind of a tragedy really.
You know, when they legalize growing outside one day, you can just imagine the decrease in energy use when we take our pot off the grid!!!

:rofl:. Check this out...

hXXp://www.msstate.edu/listarchives/greenhouse-tomatoes/200604/msg00019.html

ArtVandolay said:
:rofl:. Check this out...

hXXp://www.msstate.edu/listarchives/greenhouse-tomatoes/200604/msg00019.html

Thats interesting. All of the links work too. It's like the University of Washington's Master Gardeners course here. Maybe i can get rid of some of this junk soon.
One link led me to thinking about greenhouses...maybe that will be next for me.

Browsing some of the hydro veggie sites and links should make the more paranoid members feel a little better about ordering hydro supplies on the internet. Hydro veggies are clearly being grown by many, many people :).

Latest posts

Back