transplant disaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
This is my last white rhino that i have in veg and i planned on making it a mother plant. I transplanted it about a week ago and it went pretty rough. I didnt even expect her to survive but she seems to be pulling through. Does anybody have any recomendations to help her heal better or does it just need time? a few of the leaves have turned yellow and have darkbrown spots on them.

002.JPG

not letting me post pics. dont know whats going on. ill get some up soon

Greetings, and definitely give your lady time to heal. I have found out that mj is a very strong durable plant because I have actually grown some. I just had a light bar fall right on top of a 30 day old afghani and it was pretty beat up. A few days of tlc and (she?) is fine.

only one picture would load. anybody know whats going on with the picture loading? I have put up tons of pictures and now all of a sudden its not working.

Not sure whats up with the upload :confused: but from the one that is up it looks like there is some excess nuting going on the brown spots may be from that or an infestation but its the curl that has me pondering away. What kind of soils are you using, watering schedual etc.etc. some background info on the plant would help.

I am using promix soil. Its definitly not nute burnt I know that much. The plant was pefectly healthy before the transplant. The leaves started turning yellow and brown the day after I transplanted. I have never given that plant any nutes at all. I thought it looked like nute burn too but theres no way it is. When we transplanted the roots were stuck to the side of the pot and when I pulled it out it didnt just slide out, I had to yank on it hard and work it out. it took like five minutes to get it all the way out. It really went through a lot. I am so surprised its even still alive. I havent watered it since the transplant. Its not using the water in the soil. the soil is just as damp as it was seven days ago. What does that mean?

Brother....please give that lady a drink. IMO, every transplant goes smoother when you dampen the transplant soil before the host soil makes contact. Then IMO, you should give the plant a good soak (not a flush), to ensure soils blend and roots have soft ground to push through and stablize. She's defintaly thirsty if you haven't watered her since the transplant.

I watered directly after the transplant and it hasnt used up any of the water I gave it. I judge when to water my plants by the weight of the pot and it is nowhere near ready for another watering. Im so confused. Its just not using up any of the water. To double check I put my finger in the soil and its still really damp.

Your problem is your grow medium, the ph varies inexorably, take your girl (hopefully) out of it, put her in a potting compost, test your water ph, test the soil while damp and measure its ph and sodden it so you get water run off and test that ph, your problem is ph but also your baby needs feeding

I really need to get a ph meter. I only have those strips and they arent very accurate. Why do you think the ph would be different in that soil than the soil im using in my thirty other plants?

watering by weight is tried and true for veterian gardeners of all plants. I used the same technique till my plants got real sporadic and I had to get a meter. Hippy also knows what their taking about. Have you had ph problems before? I'd also look at environment changes. Temp of roots due to the pot change, humdity, height of lights due to pot height change. Or, we could just be over-analizing. Root damage and plant shock justs needs time and hope.

maineharvest said:
I really need to get a ph meter. I only have those strips and they arent very accurate. Why do you think the ph would be different in that soil than the soil im using in my thirty other plants?
IMO, yes. soil mixing is not a science (well, it is. The act of mixing is not). Not to get scientific, but you can't take a hetrogenious mixture and try and blend it to a homogenious mixture. You'll have clumps and slightly different reading in two samples from the same pot. Take a look at the whole picture of the plant with reading to determine whether its acidic or alkline problem.

The only thing that has changed is that its in a new pot. Everything else is still the same. I think I will order a ph meter so I can see if that is the problem. Thats the only thing that I could think of. Thanks guys

kubefuism said:
IMO, yes. soil mixing is not a science (well, it is. The act of mixing is not). Not to get scientific, but you can't take a hetrogenious mixture and try and blend it to a homogenious mixture. You'll have clumps and slightly different reading in two samples from the same pot. Take a look at the whole picture of the plant with reading to determine whether its acidic or alkline problem.

I only use Promix soil. I didnt mix two different types together. I did use extra soil to transplant into a different pot but it was out of the same bale. Could that affect anything?

IMO, probably not. If the bale was stored inside or covered, it should be fine in the bag it came in. Now say its outside, uncovered, and your area is prone to acid rain....but that's highly unlikely. Was the pot you used to transplant new or used, and if so did you wash it? It's unlikely you harbored some fungus from you pot, but possible. I really think its just shock... How long has the drama been going on?

This is the first time that i have ever used this pot. When i bought my pots they were being stored outside at the growshop. My Promix has been kept in my heated garage. The leaves started turning these colors the day after I transplanted. It all happened really fast so im not sure fungus could work that fast. or could it? Its been atleast seven days since the transplant. But it hasnt really been getting any worse, its just been doing nothing. Im thinking major major shokage!!! Is there anything that will help a plant through the shock. like maybe superthrive or something like that?

what color is your run off? its PH. my girl lived like that all the way threw flowering, and still turned out dank. But PH was my problem, really, hard to fix. I actually never did fix it.

maineharvest said:
I am using promix soil. Its definitly not nute burnt I know that much. The plant was pefectly healthy before the transplant. The leaves started turning yellow and brown the day after I transplanted. I have never given that plant any nutes at all. I thought it looked like nute burn too but theres no way it is. When we transplanted the roots were stuck to the side of the pot and when I pulled it out it didnt just slide out, I had to yank on it hard and work it out. it took like five minutes to get it all the way out. It really went through a lot. I am so surprised its even still alive. I havent watered it since the transplant. Its not using the water in the soil. the soil is just as damp as it was seven days ago. What does that mean?

You evidently damaged/ripped some roots through this TP ordeal.
"Its not using the water in the soil. the soil is just as damp as it was seven days ago. What does that mean?"...
It can't use the water if the roots are torn off/loose...IMO.
She's in shock, but appears to be recovering. Don't over water, or over feed at this point. Let her heal...IMO

Latest posts

Back