Transplant In Flower? Advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering. I am in like my second week or so of flowering. I want to transplant to a bigger pot. I am master of rootbound, but I don't want to deal with it. I have grown nice buds in a gallon container always, but I think I want to do bigger now.

Can I still transplant now? I am gentile and would cause little if no stress at all.

You can transplant in flower with no problems. I do it often. I just transplanted a plant from a five to a fifteen gallon container a couple of days ago. I do it whenever I see a plant could benefit from it and have great results. I plant them in 5 gallon containers before I put them in flower and sometimes they just want more. You should get bigger buds to show for it, I do.

I agree with kasgrow. I've transplanted during flowering more than once, with no problems at all. Besides, you're only a couple of weeks into it. You should be fine.

The keyword here is 'gentle'. Tepid water, etc. Should be fine.

A transplant will only be beneficial to the plant if it is done in a gentle fashion...I hve transplanted in flower before with no problems...

on this subject i have a female which i have just put into flower but i am having trouble with the soil it is real hard to get the ph of the run off right. i made a batch of some new soil to try out which i am using with some clones and it is just so much easier to deal with. i was thinking of changing the soil but i already have her in a nice big pot which she has been in for about 6 weeks i would say. if were to change the soil i would have to tease the roots a bit to get rid of all the soil is this going to stress her to much.(i hope you dont mind me getting in on your post omnigr33n)

I stick mine in plain old sand after dipping in Rootone. They do fine. Don't worry so much about pH and all that. It's a weed!

OldSkool said:
The keyword here is 'gentle'. Tepid water, etc. Should be fine.

I'll 2nd, 3rd or 4th that... The only time I've seen a plant slow down from a transplant during flowering is when I had to man handle it to get it out of the container. Give her a good watering a day or two before so that the soil is moist but not dripping wet so that the root ball holds together and doesn't crumble... If you're rootbound it should hold together easily...

Peace!:cool:

WEED
A weed in a general sense is a plant that is considered by the user of the term to be a nuisance, and normally applied to unwanted plants in human-made settings such as gardens, lawns or agricultural areas, but also in parks, woods and other natural areas.
2. Any plant growing in cultivated ground to the injury of
the crop or desired vegetation, or to the disfigurement of
the place; an unsightly, useless, or injurious plant. Something unprofitable or troublesome; anything
useless.
1: any plant that crowds out cultivated plants
"Note: The word has no definite application to any particular plant, or species of plants. Whatever plants grow among corn or grass, in hedges, or elsewhere, and are useless to man, injurious to crops, or unsightly or out of place, are denominated weeds."

PH
The pH of soil or more precisely the pH of the soil solution is very important because soil solution carries in it nutrients such as Nitrogen (N), Potassium (K), and Phosphorus (P) that plants need in specific amounts to grow, thrive, and fight off diseases. ....If the soil solution is too acidic plants cannot utilize N, P, K and other nutrients they need. In acidic soils, plants are more likely to take up toxic metals and some plants eventually die of toxicity (poisoning).
hXXp://soil.gsfc.nasa.gov/soil_pH/plant_pH.htm
The ph level of your gardens soil is very important in having a healthy and productive garden, flower, herb, vegetable and water garden. It can be the main reason your plants don't grow as healthy and productive as you wish they would. Soil testing is a commonly overlooked part of gardening that a lot of home gardeners aren't even aware of it's importance........The ph level scale runs from 0 - 14, 0 being low or sour, 7 being sweet or mid-range and 14 being bitter or high.Garden soil that falls in the mid-rage of the ph scale is the ideal condition for bacterial growth in the soil that promotes the decomposition of organic matter. This process of decomposing is what releases the nutrients and minerals for plants to absorb. Another process that happens when the ph level is at mid-range is the growth of soil microorganisms that convert nitrogen from the air into a form that the plants can benefit from. Not testing your gardens soil and letting the ph level get out of balance will greatly effect the way these two very important natural processes can benefit your organic garden.........The ph level scale runs from 0 - 14, 0 being low or sour, 7 being sweet or mid-range and 14 being bitter or high.Garden soil that falls in the mid-rage of the ph scale is the ideal condition for bacterial growth in the soil that promotes the decomposition of organic matter. This process of decomposing is what releases the nutrients and minerals for plants to absorb. Another process that happens when the ph level is at mid-range is the growth of soil microorganisms that convert nitrogen from the air into a form that the plants can benefit from. Not testing your gardens soil and letting the ph level get out of balance will greatly effect the way these two very important natural processes can benefit your organic garden
hXXp://ezinearticles.com/?Organic-Gardening---The-Importance-of-the-PH-Level-in-Garden-Soil&id=3039413

Improper ph range and poor ventilation, are IMO probably the two most commonly overlooked factors, that are to blame for garden failure.

i def agree hick when my soil ph has been off my plants start to look sick lose color and generally look unhealthy

Thanks for all your replies guys. I didn't even know this post posted because the server got hung up forever trying to post it so I closed the window. I wish I could thank you and add to your thank stats, but I don't even the see that icon right now.

I thought at least one of you guys would have commented on one little factor:

When you change your lighting from 18 hours to 12 - this stops root growth and causes the plant to focus on its bud growth! By transplanting and moving it to a larger pot, you will only be wasting soil and time. Its best to have all of that prepared before hand.

I like to transplant 10 days before flowering, it gives the roots a fresh new surrounding. While it also cuts back on the chances of nutrient salt build-up. Try this and see if it helps smooth things out. Good luck!

i did not know that. i will keep that in mind from now on though.

Latest posts

Back