Trichs are getting cloudy! what color do you like? help me plzz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headband

Reaction score
so i bought a 60-100x scope, 11.99 radio shack. It works very nice, just very hard to focus. My trichs are clear, few are going cloudy. Pretty much like my icon picture, just covvverd!! When is the best time to harvest at for a couch lock high? What do you professinals think is best since this is my first time harvesting and want to know when the time is right, just from experienced growers, since i have none. Check my journal for the grow. The Purple is mostly clear, and the WW is starting to cloud. thanks guys

I would say around 80% for couch lock

Hey there headband,
The most important factor in harvest is timing for peak THC production.
in order to do this you must observe the trichomes (or trichs), which is the technical name for the crystally bits that cover your leaves and calyxes (calyxes are the bud bits that the hairs grow out from)

There are three types of trichomes, and only one of them produces THC in high quantities. This is called the "capitated stalked trichome" meaning a trichome with a stalk and a head.

first, (unless you are able to move your plant without risk of damage) select a small side bud and clip it off at the stem. then take it out of the growroom and into natural (but not direct) light. aim for flat but bright light, like sunlight reflected off a white wall.

get your magnifying glass (30X jewelers loupe is good, and only about US$20 off the net) , and have a good look at the trichomes from the side-on. Look for the ones like this : ======() and observe the colour of the head (cannabinoid secretions) and wait till around 50% of the capitated stalked trichomes have turned colour from clear to milky/amber. this will give the best all round high.

If you prefer a stronger "body-stone" then wait till more of the trichs have turned colour as the ones which matured first will be breaking down THC into CBD which gives more of a body stone.

If you only like Uppy buzzes, and want to avoid a body stone, then harvest once maybe 20-30% of the trichs have turned colour.

the smoke harvested early or late will not be as potent as the plant harvested at the point of peak THC production.

I might also suggest cropping a little at a time throughout the development, or at least to where you want to go and then later try them and see if there was a point in the harvesting that you think was what you were looking for.
hope you find it bro
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

:goodposting: exactaly that for me i like to see some amber (35-45%) and the rest cloudy, there will be a few clear always in an end result as the plant wil continue to produce new growth so if a sample is taken form the top of the plant your more likely to see clear even if your past a harvest window.

If anyone ever needs a scope, for my money the best you can get is one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/METAL-MINI-POCK...ageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m122

its a mini microscope come telescope, you don't need to focus it or anything, just look through it from the right distance, i've seen more through one of these than any other scope, the 60-100 are always hard to use because the lens is so small, these ones have a wider lens and let you see more so you can actually keep on the bit you were looking at for a decent enough length of time to see what you want to see.

getting one of these after one of those radioshack ones or the 420 scope is like getting your first hd set.

k so I'll wait till their 40%amber rest cloudy I understand that there will still be clear ones but all r clear still. Today I'll look again probably going cloudy? How long is this time period from cloud to 50%

Do you like to feel like your head is stuffed with cotton... and you KNOW yer stoned???... so stoned you pretty much aren't motivated to do jack-sheet?... and body parts start not hurting anymore? ... and you find you just sit around and browse and post on the marajuana forums?

that's what I like... if you like the same, here's what you do...

you don't even need a scope. you can tell by eye. just stand up and look at the plant. when it starts to look like it's molding out, the majority of the trichs are going cloudy... when about 60-80% of the trichs are cloudy, it looks like you are standing above it and sprinkling icing sugar on the girls. now if you looked under a microscope, you would see at the top of the plant that some of the trichs are starting to amber. if you wait another week, now we're hitting what you want.

when you can start to see the plant generally starting to amber... about 40% chop

That crazy vancouver guy said:
Do you like to feel like your head is stuffed with cotton... and you KNOW yer stoned???... so stoned you pretty much aren't motivated to do jack-sheet?... and body parts start not hurting anymore? ... and you find you just sit around and browse and post on the marajuana forums?

that's what I like... if you like the same, here's what you do...

you don't even need a scope. you can tell by eye. just stand up and look at the plant. when it starts to look like it's molding out, the majority of the trichs are going cloudy... when about 60-80% of the trichs are cloudy, it looks like you are standing above it and sprinkling icing sugar on the girls. now if you looked under a microscope, you would see at the top of the plant that some of the trichs are starting to amber. if you wait another week, now we're hitting what you want.

when you can start to see the plant generally starting to amber... about 40% chop

And if you are like me, and want a more 'up' high, then wait til they are 50% cloudy then harvest.

You might want to experiment a little if this is your first harvest. Pull some buds off the plant at various times and see what kind of high you get. You'll have to use some express drying methods (so no curing or anything) but you'll get the idea.

My favorite express drying method is to pluck the bud off the plant then put it in a brown paper bag in the oven. I set my oven to 140 F and let it dry out for about 1 hour, air out, then smoke it.

If you like the high you get, go ahead and harvest. If you want a 'couchier' high, let her ripen a while then try again.

Since it is your first harvest, I would harvest in stages and carefully label the harvests. This way you can see for yourself, exactly, what kind of high you like and at what time period of harvest. I can guarantee I harvest earlier than 90% of the people on this forum as I don't like the couchlock whatsoever. So, do it right this first time and then you will know for the rest of you life what YOU like.

guys what if i let it 100% amber or lets say 80%!! what kinda of high would i get? would i die high in that case:D loool

red_ss said:
guys what if i let it 100% amber or lets say 80%!! what kinda of high would i get? would i die high in that case:D loool

Remember THC is breaking down to CBC CBL as well thats what giving you the couch lock.
If you wait till to many are amber than too many will be turning black.

I like 80 cloudy 20% amber for an upbeat high.

Latest posts

Back