tried, tested and true.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ta2dguy said:
.... no dman i am not.

chef, thanks. sometimes a few pics helps out alot. congrats on the mvp as well. a well deserved position for ya chef.

i say that pictures of anything we discuss here would be awesome cuz i am the kinda person that believes in half of what he sees, and none of what he hears lol. the other half i do believe in are the things i have tried. :). all input and discussions are appreciated. thanks.

happy growing.

I have been reading this post since it was first published. When I first started growing, the internet did not exist. So when you had a question, there was no one to help. With that in mind, it makes sense to find the answers to questions you have. In my case, I read whatever I could get my hands on. And I grew and grew, learning along the way. Part of this is just ...my nature. I'm a scientist, research is what I do. A skeptic of the nth degree. I tell people I'm from Missouri (the show me state).
Well I have found that very few people really want to know, what I know. Whether it is about growing cannabis, existentialist philosophy, or quantum physics. What they want is someone to agree with them, regardless of what it is about. So again I point you in the direction of research, and say again...it has already been done. Much of it is already here, it is scattered about, but its here.
At this site, as well as many others...people come and go. Some leave valuable info and then for 1 reason or another leave. They are not going to post in your thread, but the info they have left is still here. If you want to know, what they knew...no one is going to hand it you on a silver platter. You will have to search for it. Yeah I know the database is a wreck right now, I've been searching for a few things as well. But imo this is best addressed at the admin level.

ta2, my last grow was lst, I did them all so that I wasn't haveing to put some up on milk crates and what not to keep an even canopy. To me the main reason for trying LST was to get the most out of my small space, so I tried lst, and shaped my plants so that they had multiple tops covering the whole of my space.

This time around I'm using clones that vegged for close to the same amount of time, but I did not do any last on them, I have kept them all at the same height either through supercropping, or topping. I have 10 instead of 6, but my canopy is filled all the same...so I expect that my space will produce close to the same from these untrained plants...but I will let you know, in 8 weeks.

I may have some varience though because I did replace bulbs this round, and I'm also trying my hand at organics this time....so we will see what comes of it. IME your only able to pull in the weight of what your lights, environment and genetics will allow you to. Every mistake that we make throws a wrench in what that final weight will be. But my space, lighting and genetics will dictate the amount I will be able to produce weather I fill that space with 4 big plants or 10 smaller plants. Now using old bulbs, or overfeeding once, or letting heat get out of control...these are all things that will take away from my final yeild, regardless of the size of my plants, or how they were trained.

I don't think you will find many that have done lst right next to non lst plants for the simple fact that they would be makeing an uneven canopy, and that is the whole reason for doing that work IMO is to maximize your space to recieve the light.

umbra, i am sorry for being so bull headed but it is my nature. when i first started the thread i asked that if people were going to come in and try to press their opinion and ways in this thread that they bring the results of their own testing as proof. not someone elses tests, not quoting from a book or if there are quotes from a book to give page numbers and other references not just say it is in there somewhere. i did not ask for anything on a silver platter but i do want people to bring their own tried tested and true methods to the table. i have searched alot of things on this site and some stuff there is nothing on it or if it is there i cant find it. one more reason for this thread is so i dont have to spend alot of time searching and hunting, it will be right here for me to find. thanks for your time and help umbra, i do appreciate it.

LF, awesome stuff man. that is a great post. thanks so much for continuing to come here and bring your wisdom and experience. it is definitely appreciated.

thanks to everyone for their time, help and patience.

happy growing.

Ta2d I get it. But the answers in this post are no different than the answers in all the posts that you can not find. Unless the post is continually updated it will be lost in the archives. It would need to be made into a sticky. Unfortunately, it is what happens to all postings eventually. I'm not trying to give you a hard time... But if you do the research yourself, and not rely on others that you may or may not trust, then its not an issue. But when you ask for others info, but with stipulations...well I dont think you are going to be finding what you are looking for. IMO it doesn't work that way.

Latest posts

Back