Trying to salvage what's left....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadhooka

Junior Grower
Reaction score
....of my beautiful girl Daphne (or at least she was beautiful until last night).

Last night the temps plunged and killed much vegetation.....So I went to check her a little bit ago and she was still alive (I think) but it looks like she's been in a war zone! About 50% of her leaves are curled, crispy and dead. The other 50% look pretty healthy.

What do you guys think I should do, go pick her or wait and see what happens?

The temps are suppose to be above freezing for a while now. :)

If the bud freezes while still out on the living plant, is it totally trash?

Something with walls of the cells breaking when the buds freezes over that kills the THC content on it. so if its going to stay that low i would chopp it down..

You most have one heck of a sativa dom. plant. Most herb is bein harvested or has been harvested end of last month and begin of this one.
It should be safe to give her the axe.

Yeah Mutt, it wouldn't surprise me if she's pure Sativa. The most important lesson I learned this year was; know what type of seeds are desired for your environment and only plant those types.

Planting a Sativa outdoors in Minnesota was a big mistake and it's only by the grace of God that I've been able to take any harvest considering this circumstance.

Thanks again.

if your plant has lots of bud on then i wouldnt risk leaving it much longer, but if its pure sativa, then it can go for another 2 weeks maybe longer. its up to you whether you give it the chop, but if it freezes over anymore then you could lose it all.

Some pictures would help. But, I agree that you should be in the clear to go ahead and harvest. The killing frost probably just about finished her off.

I would preserve her for Breeding seeds at least, but that's just me I don't know the whole situation.. Just because you don't think she's pretty, Doesn't mean some male won't Pollenize her. and then you won't have to buy more seeds.. Or you could by an Indica strain, Take a male of indica strain have them mix and have Sativa/Indica strain... Finally you could try to clone her, as too preserve the full potential of your Crop, If not understood just disregard these suggestions as Idiotic Bologna... sorry if this wasn't any help

HEre's some pics!....I chopped her on Sunday and Tuesday.....Quite a deal!!

There's a LOT!!:holysheep:

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I didn't give them the right nutes because they are very airy. But for a first grow, God couldn't have blessed me more........I'll probably be smoking this for 5 years all by myself............That's nuts

Well maybe I'll run into some of you dudes and we can all hooch it up together!:joint: :guitar: :headbang2: :huh: :bump:

ps. Another lesson I just learned,,,,,Don't rub your EYE after pinching off a bunch of BUDZ!!!!!........OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUCCCHH

Pic are after Tuesday pick

100_0738.JPG

100_0741.JPG

congrats on your first harvest Gadhooka:hubba:,its all ok even if a bit airy-its your own free weed,looks good to me:D. :ccc:enjoy your buds! :smoke1::bong::joint:

Well, as much trauma as you went through, it looks to me that you were able to salvage quite a bit. I would have picked it too,,,not worth the risk.

Happy Smoking,
Cam

nice 1 gadhooka, you did the right thing chopping her, although i bet the weathers been fine lol. now youve got your own bud, and youll be smoking it sooner.

Hey guy it looks like your going to do ok considering. A bag of airy buds still beats just a bag of air. also thats a plant that seeds from wouldnt do you much good because its almost too late for your area.. You need some that are going to finish by the end of sept. Slim

Nice..
But be sure to get all they very wet stuff off asap.
I would be inclinded to help by blowing fan over them to start with for a few days.
Last thing you wnat now is to loose all the bud to frostybite/mould,

Nice job

Latest posts

Back