UGGGGHHHH!! What is this!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
I hve a bad feeling I know what this is but I am going to keep an open mind until I get some input from others....
Plant is an Auto Russian Rocket Fuel.. it is 61 days old and I thought I was taking it down tonight or tomorrow....

Description of problem: The main cola when you bend it back a lil bit looks like it has a cotton ball like substance in it...
Pics(The one pic gives me the heeby jeebies by the way)..............>>>>>>>Regular view IMG_0056.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 126
EWWWWWW..... that is scary ! I think your right on the mold guess, but I couldnt tell you what to do sorry Hamster ?

chris1974 said:
EWWWWWW..... that is scary ! I think your right on the mold guess, but I couldnt tell you what to do sorry Hamster ?

Thanks for looking... I know it is not pretty...just be glad you are not in the same room as it is (I am right now unfortunately)

Any of our elder statesmen care to chime in? I know somebody has seen this before...

i wouldnt want to smoke that....try isolating the good buds and nip them off....if you want to keep the others then be my guest.....keep an eye on the humidity while drying to prevent further molding

eyeswideshut420 said:
i wouldnt want to smoke that....try isolating the good buds and nip them off....if you want to keep the others then be my guest.....keep an eye on the humidity while drying to prevent further molding

Yeah it is only on the top half of the main cola...the other satellite buds are fine...I don't know if I shld just take this plant down tonight or what? Not only wld I not smoke it.. I don't even want to freakin touch it...it freaks me out...

Make ISO hash out of it...

Just cut away the mold... You will be fine. Mold is aerobic. You can give the rest of it a nice water cure for a few days to kill anything else and have your smoke fest afterwards.

Not all molds are good. Be careful.

Hey hamster, saw this and thought of you...i know its not a hamster but hey...;)

groundhog-rolling-joint.jpg

cut it out and get rid of it. Personally I would not like to consume it.

keep her flowering for a while longer.

Hit her with some of this if the budget allows. edit

That does not look like mold to me,it looks like a spider web,I have never seen mold that looked like cotton,cut that cola off below the floss and keep the top and dissect it,I think you may find that its some sort of web type bugs or even caterpiller larva,I also agree that unless you can verify exactly what it is do not smoke it,those plants look ready to cure,be sure to give them plenty of air movement just in case it is some kind of strange mold,great pic of your problem,thanks to all for great suggestions

It's mold. I'd let her go maybe 2 or 3 more days then chop and make ISO. That is all I would use her for. Sorry about the bad luck, she looked great otherwise.

What the hell is that ! NEVER seen that before ! I'd be waiting for some old school ! Peace and good luck !

oh my...chop it and sell it to someone you hate....j/k people. I would think the longer its on the more likely it is to spread further.

Sorry Dude...

Dreaded Botrytis... Bud Rot... It turns the insides of buds to fluff and then to mush... nasty mush... cut it out to keep the spores from hopefully getting a foothold in your whole garden. I've cut many a plant a bit earlier than I'd like due to bud rot to prevent it from spreading but maybe I'm too careful... The way I look at it... would I like a big harvest of quality cloudy trich'd buds or should I wait til amber and risk having a smaller harvest with more amber trichs...? Um... Where are the scissors? :rolleyes:

Another risk I've noticed with plants that have bud rot is they are also more likely to hermie from the stress induced from the rot... I've seen very strains that have been stable for years in my garden hermie after some botrytis got a start... Nasty, nasty stuff.

Good Luck!:cool:

Botrytis_Marijuana_Bud_Rot_nug.jpg

I've seen spider webs, but man that looks pretty dense for a web. I think you got some sort of mold or fungus. I am in favor of cut and destroy whatever looks like fuzz. Looks like your plant still has time left before harvest. Maybe if you chop off the infected cola it will put effort into the other buds and make them bigger. Looks like you could use more trichromes anyway.

What a shame that u have mold!! have had that before just cut it out and throw it away it no good to make hash or anything...

I agree with Six, make iso oil out of it.

I've had the same problem before and simply cut off the offending cola, and it didn't spread to any other parts of the plant.

Latest posts

Back