Unconventional question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fourtytwo

Reaction score
Hello everybody..

I grew up enjoying smoke and its pretty much stayed with me throughout my life. I'm saying that I'll stick my fingers in every once in awhile, you know.. just looking to try to rekindle those glory days.

Now, I've also been somebody that enjoys good physical health and stature. It was always difficult for me to try to balance out my hunger for partying and my passion for exercise and being physically active. All of that was so much easier when I was a younger man. Back 20 years ago you could find good smoke, not only cheaper, it was generally a good clean buzz. I've had stuff within the last 10 years that I could swear had some kind of taint or treatment. After smoking it non-stop, more or less, for over 20 years, I've got a good familiarity with different types of pot, and what kind of high you can expect to experience. Getting a gnawing instant jones from the act of just the hit alone, and feeling like you were experiencing effects you attribute to feeling amped out is just wrong to me.

I've dabbled in other drugs throughout my 20's and early 30's. There were a few times, the last and final times, that I tried crystal and it didn't do anything to me except give me an extreme allergic reaction that would completely close up my nasal cavities and cause non-stop watery drippage and a voice like Rudolf. Those final two times I ended up needing a prescription to rid myself of the condition. Horrible experiences! Needless to say, my desire to do any forms of powder were over before they had a chance to be any kind of an addictive problem. That part was really a godsend, however. My question is, would it be possible that those experiences with whatever those lines were cut with could have damaged the areas under my eyes during those extreme reactions? It was about the age of 30(around those incidents in question) that I suddenly developed baggy eyes. Bags underneath my eyes. They look hollowed out, like an ate up look. I can honestly say that my experiences with any type of powder was really limited. I had prolly done that maybe 8 times altogether.. the last 3 being those bad allergic reactions. Just wondering if those delicate tissues around the underside of the eye could have been damaged as a result. This has haunted me for the last 10 years and It sucks!

Anyone have any speculations or similar experiences?

Excess facial skin is the result of many things:

1. Heavy drinking of alcohol is the most common reason.

2. Genetics and family history.

3. Diet

4. Heavy use of hard drugs

5. Major loss of weight

There is no way a Doctor can even tell you with any certainty what causes the skin under your eyes to "bag".

I figure it adds character and makes you unique.

Good luck to you!

What an interesting question.

I doubt your limited use of those drugs would do that to you. Maybe prolonged use, but it doesn't sound like you used it much at all. I think genetics may play a part in your issues. Now I am guessing you are a man, but maybe try some Oil Of Olay or something like that. All those beauty cremes make promises of decreasing the effects of aging, and make-ups can cover up your dark circles. Also, do you smoke? What about sleep? Do you get enough rest? Maybe you're missing something in your diet?

If it's come on suddenly it wouldn't hurt to go see a Dr. I really don't know what else to say except for good luck to you. Take care!

Thanks for the reply, Stoney Bud :)

The only drinking that I would consider heavy was around that time as well(28 - 30). I was a social drinker to where I prolly had 20 mugs a beer a week. Its hard to say, really.. Not that I would go to the pub every night.. and I could easily drink 12 beers on a friday or saturday night before I knew it(around closing time)..especially if I had some good bud and a few packs of cigs. This was a period of my life where I was partying as hard, if not harder, than my younger days. But it was isolated to that time frame, and the few years preceding, and the years following, I didn't really drink anything. I just don't care for alcohol anymore, and it was always somewhat of an indifferent relationship I had with it. I had friends that were in love with the stuff, and I never could quite connect with them on it. Its a good thing I didn't. Some of them aren't doing so well these days.:(

Anyway, genetics is another thing I've looked at.. Lemme just tell ya that its been an uneasy road to take. I guess if I was to say that I was as attractive as two super glue surfaces, it would prolly make me sound bent. But to have bags suddenly and permanently form was really disconcerting. I guess you've got to be honest with yourself in order to understand how looks and sex appeal ride it out. Yeah, I may still have some appeal, but not with the scope I'd have if the bags were gone.

Showing toughness though. :cool: I don't like the alternative.

Do you have any allergy issues? I just googled dark circles and that seems to be a cause.

If you try sliced cucumbers let me know if they work. :) (that's a joke, lol)

SmokinMom, I smoked cigs for 15 years before I quit. I've been smoke free for 5 years. I have always been concerned about smoking pot because it had always triggered the need to smoke a cigarette. I will say that the last few bags I've gone through(back last summer) I didn't yield to the temptation. I gotta say that It would appear that I'm either missing out on the good, or I'm a burnout. Getting high nowadays, for me, doesn't have the spectrum of sensations and experiences it did all those years ago. I can't help to smile when I think back on those times.:ccc:

Well, I never had any kind of allergenic condition, not counting those incidents with the powder. That is not until I reached 39 and then I started in with food related skin conditions. Yeah, theres alot of genetic stuff going on.. I guess the bags are likely part of it as well. Btw, these aren't dark circles, they are puffy bags that don't go away.

Fourtytwo said:
Well, I never had any kind of allergenic condition, not counting those incidents with the powder. That is not until I reached 39 and then I started in with food related skin conditions. Yeah, theres alot of genetic stuff going on.. I guess the bags are likely part of it as well. Btw, these aren't dark circles, they are puffy bags that don't go away.
Have you ever thought about using a facial cream that tightens up the skin? You know the kind they make for woman and now make for men. Just seen a comercial on TV the other day. Might wanna give it a try. ;)

I hear the doc's can pull that extra skin up top o' yer head 'n tie it off these days.(face lift)
...also heard if Joane Rivers has one more, she'll be sporting a goatee!...:p

bwaaaahaahhaaa

Hick, you made me spit my Dr Pepper all over my laptop screen. :D

I hear cucumber slices work. Unfortunaely,they get pretty expensive to buy here in Alaska in the middle of winter.
No, seriously, I'm 53 and I have bags under my eyes. I don't have real big boobs, either. But, at least that way I know folks like me for my warm heart and sassy personality. ha-ha Or maybe because I always have "da kine".......

I am 56 years young, so a few years ago I figured, why not tighten this face up a bit...so I started using a product and after 4 months, my dermatologist asked what I was doing, cuz he thought my face was alot different, and that I looked like I had starting getting younger skin. Needless to say, but it has become a part of my daily ablutions.

Peace...one love...j.b.

jb247 said:
I am 56 years young, so a few years ago I figured, why not tighten this face up a bit...so I started using a product and after 4 months, my dermatologist asked what I was doing, cuz he thought my face was alot different, and that I looked like I had starting getting younger skin. Needless to say, but it has become a part of my daily ablutions.

Peace...one love...j.b.

Wait a sec....ain't ya gonna tell us what it is?

That reminds me of an old joke:

How do you keep a butthead in suspense?

Hehe....

I'll tell you tomorrow...

Hhahahahahaahahaha, I crack me up!

Latest posts

Back