Undercover police bought marijuana from Jackson, Lansing dispensaries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How I see what will happen is that growers that are good will grow much much more...imagine those Mendo cats without any limitations! Those who have the time and some knowledge (such as myself) would take it up since it's no longer gonna land them in jail or prison (I didn't grow only because it'd have been strike 3 and long time, getting my card put me back to it). Backyard farmers (we see them all over, little plot of corn, beans and 'maters, hubby running tiller while wife and kids pull weeds/water) would be tempted to add a few "beans" as well...some with success, I'd imagine!

ozzydiodude said:
:confused2::eek: BUT it :huh: that the same as kester carry:stuff-1125699181_i_

haha! It depends on if you are reading this from your local lock up!

Purchase it.....I meant. haha.

Roddy said:
Sorry, we'll try again. Make it so anyone can GROW and the market will get flooded with surplus. The SURPLUS will bring the market down which will then make it less attractive for those making a living who will find a different way.

No Hal, not saying EVERYONE will grow, saying with everyone ALLOWED to, more will. This means more product. Economics say that will drive the price down...in fact, we've seen it happen already in states with MMJ, as I recall. Truly though, if everyone can grow, I would imagine backyard seed poppers cropping up all over the USA.

It's called economics...and yeah, I can argue it. Game on??

Oh, and Hal, I believe we both know that more people will grow, this means there'll be many more places to buy from...like farmer's markets, I imagine.

Great discussion for sure, and this is something I know quite a bit about.

The Market. Not Farmers markets my friend....Dispensaries are the outlet.
As Hick stated, the Gov wants thier share, and Farmers Markets are too "unregulated" to be a viable,legal way to trade/sell product. It has been tried here many times, only to be shut down locally.

Market flooded. Ha. You have no idea. The Market out here is FLOODED to say the least. This year being worse by far then years previous.
Market value of herb is at a all time low. The prices I see is driving out "the fortune seakers" left and right.

Criminal Interests. First off, I will start this out and remind us all that ALL OF US are criminals. NEVER forget that. It does not matter what your state is telling you of your legal rights ro grow, at anytime, Fed LEO can come swoop you away. Believe it happens.
But, yes, I understand what Hick is speaking of, and he is correct, to a point.
What I see here is Criminal enterprises running HUGE shows (80-100 lights) and to keep costs down, they steal power. This is a HUGE problem that rarly gets caught. As much as some of you would like to think this is rare, in fact, it is not. They make it far to easy to bypass that meter, and unscroupulous folks do it everday. The criminals feel the effect of a flooded market too, and they, like legal growers, are doing everything they can to keep the costs down.

The MMJ biz is like ANY other biz. The final product price plummets, and you have to either control costs or go under. Most are now going under.

So, Roddy, you are correct. As your laws get more defined and folks feel "enabled" to grow, you will see a huge influx of new growers and more and more product in your State. This in turn will drive the price down.

This will then "weed" out the wanna be's and leave professionals.....and sad to say, the criminals. The "mom and pop" operations will flounder, as they will have a harder time generating ebough revenue to continue operations.

My predictions.

This applies only to my State right now, but will be seen in other states I believe in the coming years.

The influx of growers will in fact, flood the market. This in turn will drive the price down. Growers will have no "profit margin" and will soon fall out.
You will see a big exodus of growers. The price will begin to climb.
I am seeing the market value finally start to climb here. Only in the last few weeks. The deluge of outdoor is passing and there are far few indoor growers, so it is natural that the price will climb. I would expect the price to be at a substantial higher value then that of a year ago. By this summer, it will be back to the 3500 range. As it sits 1 month ago, it is at the 2-2400 range.

Only the strong will survive.

I wonder what percentage of "patients" grow their own. In my little world very few grow. I think people think it is easy and try and realize it is easier to buy.

Rosebud said:
I wonder what percentage of "patients" grow their own. In my little world very few grow. I think people think it is easy and try and realize it is easier to buy.

That is the truth. It is alot harder to grow bomb then folks think. They soon realize they monies they spent on thier set up would have kept them in good herb for a couple of years.

or... they realize the money they spent was well worth it, and can keep them (and friends) in dank FOREVER...

Criminal Interests. First off, I will start this out and remind us all that ALL OF US are criminals. NEVER forget that. It does not matter what your state is telling you of your legal rights ro grow, at anytime, Fed LEO can come swoop you away. Believe it happens.

Yes, we are under the MMJ, I'm dreaming of full legalization across the boards . Will be great when Unc Sam wakes up.

The Market. Not Farmers markets my friend....Dispensaries are the outlet.
As Hick stated, the Gov wants thier share, and Farmers Markets are too "unregulated" to be a viable,legal way to trade/sell product. It has been tried here many times, only to be shut down locally.

With a free market things would be different...but age would be a problem when sold at farmer's markets, so guess that one could go either way.

This will then "weed" out the wanna be's and leave professionals.....and sad to say, the criminals. The "mom and pop" operations will flounder, as they will have a harder time generating ebough revenue to continue operations.

I don't see the MJ market the same as other markets, more like corn or carrots. Anyone could grow these in their backyards and many would likely come away with decent product...just like their backyard gardens now. I see it much like the beer market, anyone can buy beer from the store (age limits etc of course), OR they can buy a home brew deal and make their own. This used to be hard and costly, so not many were doing it, it's not much easier, but the prices have come down and more home brewers are popping up.

Of course, you'll see a lot of people growing out of necessity, can't afford to buy all the time, so grow in the garden. You'll see the weekend warriors come out of the woodworks as well, those who dabble a bit in anything.

Those in it for the money...the pro growers with big operations, will still be there, of course, but the demand won't be as great because of the new freedom of legalization.

Hmmm...thinking about it, legalization probably would never happen LOL....pipe dream.

Hick said:
or... they realize the money they spent was well worth it, and can keep them (and friends) in dank FOREVER...

Y yes...this can and does happen too. My friends love me!

Hick said:

That's my experience! I've seen a HUGE growth in people providing for themselves around here, even those not real good at it are producing stuff that keeps them happy! Some not too bad, I can attest to!! ;)

Roddy said:
Those in it for the money...the pro growers with big operations, will still be there, of course, but the demand won't be as great because of the new freedom of legalization.

Hmmm...thinking about it, legalization probably would never happen LOL....pipe dream.

IMHO, full legalization will not happen. It will be set up as a "medicine" and thus controlled by pharmacutical regulations, taking it out of the everyday guy's hands. Whole 'nother discussion.

I disagree, demand WILL rise. More folks will fell ok about tokin' up then ever before, thus raising demand. Again, most do not want to grow. This is a fact.

Rosebud said:

I think a huge turn-off is the expense, mainly of electricity. Laws here almost make it unattractive to grow outside (cage, if they can even touch a leaf, it's illegal etc etc), but if those laws were less restrictive and more allowing for outdoor and greenhouse grows, price of growing would drop.

Unfortunately, many are too sick/disabled to be able to grow...these people would be more at the mercy of the market.

I wouldn't think that MI had a big "outdoor" season? Isn't your outside temp too restrictive to grow trees? I have really no idea, just my thoughts because you cats are in cold country.

NorCalHal said:
IMHO, full legalization will not happen. It will be set up as a "medicine" and thus controlled by pharmacutical regulations, taking it out of the everyday guy's hands. Whole 'nother discussion.

I disagree, demand WILL rise. More folks will fell ok about tokin' up then ever before, thus raising demand. Again, most do not want to grow. This is a fact.

I'm not so sure of this, my friend. I've seen about 80% of my friends go legal and start growing. The supply is still there for them should they not want to grow, but they're growing. These are people who already smoked, but none grew.

And yes, more folks will light up, but there'll be more product too. It could be played like they do corn, I suppose, pretend a shortage to spike prices, but that'll affect less and less with more making themselves independent. Truly, the ones that'll hurt the worst will be those not able to grow.

One thing I think though, if it's played around like other commodities, people who can grow but don't because they can as easily buy might start growing if only to not be at the mercy of the market.

there are those big gov' "regulations".....AGAIN

NorCalHal said:
I wouldn't think that MI had a big "outdoor" season? Isn't your outside temp too restrictive to grow trees? I have really no idea, just my thoughts because you cats are in cold country.

Oh no, we have a grow season. Many start their gals inside or in a greenhouse, but you could simply throw seeds down and start that way as well.

Michigan was rated 7th in the nation for awhile in indoor marijuana cultivation but that was back in like 06. I'm sure a ton has changed.

Roddy said:
I'm not so sure of this, my friend. I've seen about 80% of my friends go legal and start growing. The supply is still there for them should they not want to grow, but they're growing. These are people who already smoked, but none grew.

And yes, more folks will light up, but there'll be more product too. It could be played like they do corn, I suppose, pretend a shortage to spike prices, but that'll affect less and less with more making themselves independent. Truly, the ones that'll hurt the worst will be those not able to grow.

One thing I think though, if it's played around like other commodities, people who can grow but don't because they can as easily buy might start growing if only to not be at the mercy of the market.

Here is why I say what I do about folks not wanting to grow.

Why is it we have 100's of dispensaries? (Yes, we still have 100's of dispenaries in my state despite fed crackdown". Because folks want a safe place to buy herb. This is because folks do not grow herb.
I stand by my statement that FAR more folks buy herb then grow it.
Again, your states laws are very new, and it is new to MI folks. You WILL have a huge influx of new growers (If you were smart, open a grow store, I wish I would have). Most will fail. Back to buying herb,be it street of dispensary. Do not discount the Street, as it is FAR bigger then then dispensary market.

Yes Hick, we are all doomed. Not really tho, folks like us will just go back to being full "criminals" and back into the shadows.

I am actually getting ready to go to Harborside this morn. They love my herb! I am going to pick up a few clones today too. I will take a look at the "clone" line compared to the "purchase" herb line. It will be 15-1,my guess, but I will take a look and see.
Speaking of Beer, I am going to my friends brewery which is down the street from Harborside...Oakland Brewing Co. Going to be a crazy day!

Hey Hal, off topic, but what happened to weed wars?

I bet they do like your garden wares. Have a fun day and tell harborside hey.

You know Rose, I missed the last episode, so I am not sure what happened. I am suprised that they are not running "re-runs". Maybe the feds told em to pull it??
I will ask drew today.
CRAZY, I just had to take a half dead bird out of my kitchen! My cat caught a hummingbird and brought it in the house. Wifey was freaking out! Poor bird. Friggin' feathers all over the place.

Latest posts

Back