URGENT HELP! My dearest plants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakenjan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Due to the lack of light I moved my plants outside in a little plastic greenhouse. They did fine through the night but I got a big shock when I got home tonight!

The bottom leaves of the feminised Durban Poison plants look as if they got scorched and the in plant turned it's leaf completely sideways. At the top of the plant things are goin well and I noticed quite a bit of growth.

The Duban Poision Skunk on the other hand are thriving and the grew more in one day then ever before.

The soil in all cases is still moist so it is not that the soil dried out.

Although the little greenhouse was closed the whole day there is quite a bit of air going (maybe not enough?). The whole greenhouse was covered with water vapour on the inside. I am not sure what to do and am worried that things might be worse tomorrow night.

The way I see it is could be one of three things: too litlle ventilation, too humid, or too much direct sunlight (if there is such a thing)

I am not sure if i should move them back to the window sill as they were not getting enough light there and space was limited.

I thought of keeping the greenhouse open tomorrow and see if things look better tomorrow night.

I attached some pictures with the hope that someone can identify the problem. The first two pics are of the feminised Durban Poison and the last two pics are of the Durban Poison Skunk.

Both strains are good for indoor and outdoor growing.

Regards,
Frederic

please have a look in the indoor forum, same thread posted there, the site doesn't allow me to upload the same pics again...

going to move the greenhouse this weekend so it only gets the afternoon sun as I suspect that this is the problem, the greenhouse gets sun the whole day...

First of all I would think about finding 1 place for ur plant, the reason is U will NEVER Keep the same time on moven ur plant back and fourth !!

Move them inside and buy some cfl lights and leave the lite on for 18/6 or 24/7 for a month and then put them on 12/12 u will see better results..

Green house there can never be enough sun lite and as for the humid that because there not enough air movement in there, for any plants and all plants need air movement...

I would bet that if u keep ur plant in a green house and give it alittle air u will see a change and even strive for the sun,,

If it start to streach u can always tie ur plant down and around ur pot I have seen pix of this here in the thread.

My first pix shows that I have mine under plastic but the plastic was high but it had vent in there and the girls and boys where doing just fine.
No more Boys!! Kicked them to the Curb!!

Take a look, Next yr I am going to take five, 4 foot pallets and put them together and grow one inside of that plus dig a hole for the bucket to sit in and cut the bottom out and see what will happen..

braken'...if I understamd, you have moved them from a low light situation,(artificial loghts?) out into intense direct sunlight??
Most likely nothing more than a l'il "shock", it sounds to me. Tooo much..too fast. Evn from under an intense 1k mh, most will need a 'hardening off' period, in order to tolerate good o' mother natures halide.
Morning sun is usually preferable to the afternoon sun, if you can situate it so.

Thanks, I moved the greenhouse to the side of the house so it only gets the morning sun.

I also kept the greenhouse open during the day and things seem to have stabalised and the plants are thriving bigtime.

Latest posts

Back