Using Aspirin For Cloning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7thG

Victimless Criminal
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this or ever tried it?

Not for cloneing but when I have a sick plant Ill give it some "Bare"

:bong:

Aspirin's main ingredient is Auxin, auxin is a natural rooting compound found in willow bark. My mother would make a willow bark tea and use it for rooting cuts from rose bushes.

Melvan said:
Aspirin's main ingredient is Auxin, auxin is a natural rooting compound found in willow bark. My mother would make a willow bark tea and use it for rooting cuts from rose bushes.

what would be the mixing of this?

5 to 10 small branches soaked in the water til it STARTS to turn yellow. Is the way I was taught. I was using willow bark tea instead of aspirins for awhile but I lost the willow tree:sad:. for bug prevention not cloning tho.

soak the branches in the water till turns yellow...that dont make sense...wanted to know how many asprin to say gallon water...

soaking the branches extracts the acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) from the willow tree branches

. Aspirin/gal for cloning I dont know.

but for a bug fighter I have when up to 5 aspirin/gal, BBP's said he has gone to 10 aspirin/gal

Aspirin also isn't made for cloning .. It contains fillers used for digestion.

Cloning gel or rooting hormone is made for cloning and it's cheap.

Not saying aspirin won't work if your broke and have some aspirin..

If you use aspirin you only allow 1/2 the pill to dissolve, then remove it. The auxin is the pill "cap", the center is the cold tar base.

But, Miracle Gro Rooting powder is like 3 bucks and lasts a million years, and you can get it pretty much everywhere. That's about the same cost as a bottle of aspirin anyway.

protocol://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17919906 said:
Salicylic acid inhibits pathogen growth in plants through repression of the auxin signaling pathway.

A growing body of evidence indicates that many plant pathogens can either produce auxin themselves or manipulate host auxin biosynthesis to interfere with the host's normal developmental processes [5-11]. In response, plants probably evolved mechanisms to repress auxin signaling during infection as a defense strategy.

Plants overaccumulating the defense signal molecule salicylic acid (SA) frequently display morphological phenotypes that are reminiscent of auxin-deficient or auxin-insensitive mutants, indicating that SA might interfere with auxin responses.

We found that SA causes global repression of auxin-related genes, including the TIR1 receptor gene, resulting in stabilization of the Aux/IAA repressor proteins and inhibition of auxin responses.

We demonstrate that this inhibitory effect on auxin signaling is a part of the SA-mediated disease-resistance mechanism.

protocol://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17919906

I've never heard of this before reading this thread.

Melvan said:
If you use aspirin you only allow 1/2 the pill to dissolve, then remove it. The auxin is the pill "cap", the center is the cold tar base.

Sorry... What? Coatings are colorings and dissolving compounds. Gelcaps are literally jello. Hormones are generally avoided in any stage of the manufacturing of majorly consumed non prescription NSAIDS.

That's about lactobacilii not salicylic acid.

I use this in the soil babies for microbes. Take 1 mL and make it into 1 L.

fe087infopic3.jpg

Now I gotta a headache. I Need an Aspirin.

Latest posts

Back