using distilled water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trichnut

Reaction score
my water has been half filtered tap water and half distilled water. just rencently my dehumidifire has been collecting alot more water im guessing im at about 10% filtered tap and 90% distilled. iv been told that my ph will be hard to maintain with only distilled water but so far i think its all ok.
right now my plants look good. and im just trying to make sure that it keeps looking good. Im using pure blend pro nutes and cal/mag from Botanicare with compost tea.
please let me know if you think i could run into any problems using only distilled water.
thanks

get a ph meter. guess work only gets you so far & lets you sleep @ night

So hve you been checking the ph of the water and nutrients you use? If so how? My problems went away as soon as i bought a digi ph pen and threw those god awful strips in the garbage...The pen was around 30 bucks shipped I believe... I hve a link if you need it gve me a shout.

trichnut said:
my water has been half filtered tap water and half distilled water. just rencently my dehumidifire has been collecting alot more water im guessing im at about 10% filtered tap and 90% distilled. iv been told that my ph will be hard to maintain with only distilled water but so far i think its all ok.
right now my plants look good. and im just trying to make sure that it keeps looking good. Im using pure blend pro nutes and cal/mag from Botanicare with compost tea.
please let me know if you think i could run into any problems using only distilled water.
thanks

You need to get a pH meter and check the pH of your water. Correct pH is an incredibly important thing. However, I disagree with whoever told you that your pH will be hard to maintain with distilled water. There is no truth to this.

thanks

Most nute companies put buffers in their nutes to pH it out at the right pH. I find it much easier. I do DWC and use GH3 and it pH's out at 5.6 everytime. I guess when it doesn't it is time to change the filters

sorry for the confusion. I do have a ph meter and i adjust the ph to 6.5 every time I water. Im in a coco soil blend.
im getting the feeling that there is no problem using distilled water to feed your plants.
thanks guys

my last grow was almost entirely watered from the water out of my dehumidifier, as long as it is ph'd before it goes in it should be fine imo.

Yeah I wld only worry about ph and maybe ppm if you hve real crappy tap water...distilled is fine once the ph is adjusted...

I thought coco was like hydro.. 5.8 being optimal..?? IDK

TURKEYNECK said:

no turkey..I use massbucket which is coco..6.8;) same as soil

TURKEYNECK said:

Hey TN...I hve not seen you around much lately...I hope everything is good with you and your family. I think he said coco soil blend?? I don't know what that is because I still buy my soil at Lowes or Home Depot...the Miracle Grow Seed Starting Mix has really treated me well and it is cheap and local...:)

Glad to see you back...I always find your posts informative

Hamster Lewis said:
Hey TN...I hve not seen you around much lately...I hope everything is good with you and your family. I think he said coco soil blend?? I don't know what that is because I still buy my soil at Lowes or Home Depot...the Miracle Grow Seed Starting Mix has really treated me well and it is cheap and local...:)

Glad to see you back...I always find your posts informative
Im still here.. I'm just keeping it low key at the moment.. I'm in a new house and a new growroom is in the works:)

Yo HamsterLewis do you use that Miracle grow Seed starting Mix the whole way through?

TURKEYNECK said:
Im still here.. I'm just keeping it low key at the moment.. I'm in a new house and a new growroom is in the works:)

Very cool Brother...can't wait to see the goodness you start growing in there...:)

Latest posts

Back