using fox farms with other brands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sin inc

eastside greenxpert
Reaction score
hey i would like to know if any one has used fox farms with other brands of nutes.

nope just the lineup plus cha ching, was thinking about doing the same for bloom but didn't want to risk burning or even lockout.

if it aint broke don't fix it right?

How's yer grows going with fox farms products, Sin?

I use ff soil, but have never used the nutrients. I use other stuff and if i hadn't just smoked a joint, i would tell you. lol

Yes I use FF nutes and a cpl others together (roots organic, and some Bio Bizz products with great results) I don't know how much of a diff it makes in the end but it sure doesn't hurt.

i ask because i thought i ordered the fox farms liquid soil three . found out when they came it was three bottles of big bloom. thats sucks. anyway i still have some jungle juice three part. well the bloom part of jj is gone .i have a whole bottle of jj grow and just under a half bottle of jj micro. ok so heres the lay out

jj mico 5-0-1
jj grow 2-1-6
ff big bloom 0.01-0.3-0.7
ff boomrang 2-0.2-0.3
npk= 9.01-1.5-8 looks like mine is short some p what can i use to raise p

here fox farms
0.01-0.3-0.7 ff big
6-4-4 ff grow
2-8-4 ff tiger
npk= 8.01-12.3-8.7

heres jungle juice
2-1-6 jj grow
5-0-1 jj micro
0-5-4 jj bloom
npk= 7-6-11

hey thanks fam for stopping in. 7greeneyes good to see u .rosebud to funny as the norm. stinky what how do you feed.

I don't think that Big Bloom is actually a "flowering" nutrient and I do not believe that it can take the place of a bloom nutrient--there really isn't enough of anything in it. I think it is more of a bloom enhancer of some kind. The Tiger Bloom is the main bloom nute in the FF line you listed up.

If you want to mix nute lines, you are going to have to have something that has approximately the same N-P-K and micro nutrients as the one you are replacing. A nutrient that is 0.01-0.3-0.7 cannot take the place of a 0-5-4 nutrient.

I THINK THIS MEMBER IS SPEAKING OF USEING OTHER NAME BRANDS OTHER THAN ff. AND THE FOX FARM CHART SHOWS YOU USE THE BIG BLOOM THROUGHOUT GROW...WHEN i USED THE ff LINE AND RAN DWC THAN STOPPED HYDRO. I USED UP THE GH3 UP FIRST WITH NO PROBLEMS

Dam Caps:doh:

:48:

I think he's talking the fox farm soils with nutrient brands other than Fox farms

Check out post 5. I believe that he is wanting to use FF Big Bloom (and Boomerang) instead of the JJ bloom formula which he is out of. So it would be JJ grow, JJ micro, and FF Big Bloom and Boomerang. However the JJ bloom is 0-5-4 and the Big Bloom is .01-.3-.7--in other words, the JJ is way way stronger than the FF Big Bloom. Like already mentioned, I do not believe that Big Bloom is actually FF's Bloom nutrient--I think it is a bloom enhancer. It just doesn't have enough nutrients in it to be a bloom nutrient.

Also, Sin, you cannot just add up all the N-P-K numbers in the different formulas as each uses different proportions.

hey guys. thg/mom is right on the money. i know their it not really sound thinking hear but. i dont really like jungle juice it gave me so many ph probs plus their was the yellowing all thought my grow and i had to use twice as much compared general hyro thee part, i did use fox farms thee part on some of my fist grows so far it the best out of the three myself. mom you do make a good point about big bloom. i will have to make run to the city to get the other 2 parts of ff. with that said

mom you are spot on about everything u said. i thought the same stuff before i even asked the question. i really hate wasting money on stuff like the jj just wanted to try and use what i had left over i guess jj is in the trash.

oh and thanks everybody for chime in it really helps when you do

Latest posts

Back