Veg trichs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friend-of-a-friend

Reaction score
Hey, if I were good/fortunate enough to get cuttings from a plant late in flower to take, would the fact that the mother was so late in flower cause the cuttings to keep producing trichs into 3rd week under 24 hr MH.?

Yeah I think it takes some time for them to quit flowering and switch back to vegging, and they will do some pretty strange things during the "reveg" period. :)

Yeah....single leaf nodes with tons of trichs. Just plain weird. But I am sooo glad to have salvaged this strain.

I have never done any revegging but I have heard that it takes a good while to get them to go back to normal growth, but if it is a real good strain and/or pheno then yeah its worth the extra time to save it. I wish I had saved a plant that pulled a while back. It was very unique but had a wallop of a buzz.

lesson of the wise... take clipping from every plant your THINK might turn out good... just incase it turns out to be a monster buzz, better safe and ending up with a crap plant then not bothering and ending up with a meglamonster you want to keep but didnt XD

no worries as long as she is grwing..Im with Hushpuppy and thinks a reveg...would still have trichs on leafs for a spell...congrats on saving the strain...have ya thaught of a reveg ??...

Sorry to hijack your thread...in need of some reveg info and this seems to be the only thread, anywhoo

My parents started a clone in the dirt about 5 weeks ago, it took successfully about 10" tall, since it was so late in the season it started to bud.

I have since recovered it and put it inside (still in original soil from backyard [generic cactus mix]) my veg room (5x t-5 tubes) with 24 hr light. after recovering from the move shock it has continued budding despite being under 24 hour light.

I am intending to keep this plant in permanent veg for a mother plant later, and i have a few questions:

1) how long does it usually take to switch from flower to veg?
2)am i at risk of contamination from the outside soil being around hydrotone plants in veg in the same area?
3)should i replant it in soil that i am familiar with (roots organics)?
4)should i trim the buds off to help induce veg again?

Im sure some of these answers exist in the forum but I have had no luck finding them

it might not revert under t-5's. if it was under the sun the t-5 MAY not be enough. it usually takes bout 3 weeks to see signs of revegging, like single bladed leaves. i would transplant, and clip most bud off due to the fact that after a while they usually die and are potential for mold. hope this helps....peace

1. a long time, three-4 weeks maybe.

2. yes

3. yes

4. no, the new leaves will come out of the top of the buds. Don't cut off the buds.

Is this possible?
i have two vegetation about 7 weeks old from taking the ground and i have observed a lot of the results in have what seem to be trichs - i don't think they are like but i could explain the results in as almost hairy?

Get a pocket illuminated microscope if u wanna be sure. You could have auto flowering plants and 7 weeks seems about right. Autoflowering plants will start the flowering process regardless of photoperiod. Touch the "trichs".... Is there a sticky residue on your fingers? Do you have any buds or just these "trichs". Could also be a form of mold or something down that line..

you will know for sure when you see flowering "Stalk" Trichs, they stand out a ton... most leaves and stems have "Ball" and "Hair" Trichs throughout the life of the plant, they are tiny, so small infact theya re almost impossible to see with the naked eye, they give the top of the leaves an almost sandpaper like texture like 160+ grit, really fine but you can feel a slight drag. the "Stalk" trichs as i said youll know when yah got em, it looks like little spots of sugar clustered all over the small leaves growing from the buds. and as Growgreen420 said get yourself a pocket sized Loupe Jewlers Lighted Scope, about 10-15 bucks, defently worth it.

Latest posts

Back