VHC: Vaporizer Hitters Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you smoke most?

• I vape

• I smoke

• I vape and smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
I probably missed it, but does any one use a VAP through a bubbler to cool the vapor and make it less harsh?

If so how does it work?

Also, what temp is the best for anxiety/pain relief?

I've only used my son's vap that I think is a hot box and was not impressed. He and his wife seldom use it.

Personally give me a small portable water pipe. I first started smoking MJ using a modified opium pipe imported from India, made mostly from brass with cooper tubing between the bowel and the body and between the body and the mouthpiece.

I used to make very simple and inexpensive ones out of copper water pipe and tubing. If you are worried about lead, just use silver solder or even epoxy. If you are concerned about the copper possibly mixing into the smoke you could use PVC pipe for the body and if you could find it stainless steel for the bowel and stem.

If there is enough interest I'll do a DIY on it. Or you can PM for more information.

Personally I greatly prefer the water pipes, then blunts or even joints over a bong.

Good smoking.

there are a couple of us who run the vape through a bong with the tube and downspout:)

I have my vape set at 340 degrees and that seems to be a good temp for all-around. The vape is smoother and less irritating to my throat and lungs, plus it gives me a good buzz. Any higher of a temp, and it seems the vape has more smoke in it, and is more harsh on the intake.

I've seen some facts and figures elsewhere on the forum here, as to what temps the different cannabinoids vaporize at. If I remember correctly, which ain't too friggin' likely, the THC is responsible for the trippy head-high, and a different agent is responsible for the couch-lock. I think the THC vapes at a slightly lower temp than the other stuff, so at 340 degrees, I'm getting what seems to work best for me, in regards to the anxiety/pain relief, as well as the smoother smoke and good taste. More "feel-good" than couch-lock. But that would probably vary a lot using different weed in a different device.

But its largely a matter of individual preference, anyways. I'd recommend ya start somewhere between 340-360 degrees and try different temps to see what works for ya.

astrobud,

Thanks for the information. Please let me clarify some thing though to make sure I understand you.

By running through the bong with the tube and downspout, do you mean taking the mouthpiece tube from the vaporizer and inserting it into the hole that the bowel normally goes into,submerging the end of it under the water and then drawing through the bong, which I think pulls the vapor out of the vaporizer and down into the water where it bubbles up through the water and into the bong chamber where you actually draw the cooled filtered vapor from? Do I understand it correctly?

If so, what are your experiences with it, especially does it cool the vapor and or filter it too? Have you noticed any loss in potency?

Can anyone think of any other things I nee dot know before deciding whether or not try running the whip through a bubbler? I haven't smoked cigarettes for nearly 35 years and MJ for at least 25 years, except for just recently, and I find my lungs seem to be very sensitive to hot air or dry air, even without any actual smoke in it. It could also partially be from exposes to exhaust gases and fume over the years due to poor ventilation in the truck/auto shops I used for maintenance.

Thanks for your patience with my failure to immediately grasp what has been said. and for your help in learning.

Good smoking

astrobud,

Thanks for the information. Please let me clarify some thing though to make sure I understand you.

By running through the bong with the tube and downspout, do you mean taking the mouthpiece tube from the vaporizer and inserting it into the hole that the bowel normally goes into,submerging the end of it under the water and then drawing through the bong, which I think pulls the vapor out of the vaporizer and down into the water where it bubbles up through the water and into the bong chamber where you actually draw the cooled filtered vapor from? Do I understand it correctly?

If so, what are your experiences with it, especially does it cool the vapor and or filter it too? Have you noticed any loss in potency?

Can anyone think of any other things I nee dot know before deciding whether or not try running the whip through a bubbler? I haven't smoked cigarettes for nearly 35 years and MJ for at least 25 years, except for just recently, and I find my lungs seem to be very sensitive to hot air or dry air, even without any actual smoke in it. It could also partially be from exposes to exhaust gases and fume over the years due to poor ventilation in the truck/auto shops I used for maintenance.

Thanks for your patience with my failure to immediately grasp what has been said. and for your help in learning.

Good smoking

wmmeyer,

I see old habits die hard -- like using your initials and name instead of nick names. It's kind cool to see that I'm not the only one who carries some of those habits even after years out of the system.

Thank you for the information.

Good smoking

Copper , PVC, steel !!!! Oh my god
DonJones said:
I probably missed it, but does any one use a VAP through a bubbler to cool the vapor and make it less harsh?

If so how does it work?

I've only used my son's vap that I think is a hot box and was not impressed. He and his wife seldom use it.

Personally give me a small portable water pipe. I first started smoking MJ using a modified opium pipe imported from India, made mostly from brass with cooper tubing between the bowel and the body and between the body and the mouthpiece.

I used to make very simple and inexpensive ones out of copper water pipe and tubing. If you are worried about lead, just use silver solder or even epoxy. If you are concerned about the copper possibly mixing into the smoke you could use PVC pipe for the body and if you could find it stainless steel for the bowel and stem.

If there is enough interest I'll do a DIY on it. Or you can PM for more information.

Personally I greatly prefer the water pipes, then blunts or even joints over a bong.

Good smoking.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=594070#post594070

good VAPING! :)

Ps. Your copper smoking equipment CAN CAUSE CANCER.

DonJones said:
astrobud,

Good smoking

you pretty much have it, just like putting ice in the bong, cools down the vapor. i never was one much for smoking out of brass, metal, ect. my brother has an old metal pipe hes had sence the 70s, i hate that thing.

Merry Christmas to me, I recieved a jotite, wow vaporize in the house, thats great when its raining. I didn't smoke in the house and always had the hear about smelling like smoke, not now.
any tips, info

EZ do you have a pic of your vapor? is it manual or digital that will help us to know what to suggest...

I'll hook up the camera latter, its portable, sorry bad spelling "iolite" vaporizer

are you getting a burnt popcorn taste or just a nice clean vapor that tastes like bud?

OG,

The following post is NOT intended as an attack on your, simply a questioning of the source of your statements and implications regarding the possible health risks of smoking through copper or brass. You and every one out there are certainly entitled to your preferences about most anything, especially your tastes in administering MJ.

For years and years, the copper/brass metals were the only thing that any one had, other than converted tobacco pipes.

I used a copper.brass alloy for the bowel, soft copper tubing for the stem and the mouth piece tube. Some of them have a short tube with a whip attached. For the body I use copper water pipe. If it is safe enough to run 115+F hot water through for drinking then it should be safe enough to have water that seldom even gets warm in it. The bowel and stem seldom gets to hot to comfortably touch which is also way below the vaporization/gasification temperature for copper pipe.

OG, it probably can but so can smoking MJ -- in fact inhaling any kind of smoke from any burning plant matter can cause cancer too. Eating grilled and charbroiled meat can cancer too, but I'm going to continue to eat my barbecued meats.

Personally, I am a lot more worried about using PVC for anything than I am about using brass or copper to smoke. I do NOT make or recommend using PVC, CPVC or any of the plastics because the ingredients are very potent toxins as well as strong cancer causing substances.

Walking down the street in the sun causes skin cancer. The list is almost infinitely long and getting longer every day.

My point is, is your comment about smoking through copper really accurate or is it an extrapolation form breathing vaporize copper in industrial settings. I would almost guarantee it is the latter because I am very skeptical about any one having spent the millions of dollars necessary to do the real necessary research needed to make that statement, especially since only a small percentage of smokers of any kind of smoke use copper.

Then you have to understand the dosages used in the study and what the normal dose that you would receive from smoking through a copper and/or brass pipe.

I do NOT question your sincerity or belief in the validity of your statement. I just need a whole lot more information before I become concerned.

Oh, by the way ALL of the clear flexible plastic hose will continue to gas off volatile ingredients at room temperature for years, basically until it is brittle and unusable. Are they cancer causing -- I have no idea nor do I have any idea what if any health hazard they pose under normal use. However, I can guarantee that there is a possibility that the gases given off by the plastic are cancer causing. Remember the big hoopla over the chemicals given off by various normal plastics used for drinking containers, especially when used with hot liquids or microwaved?

Heck there are risks associated with glass depending upon what it is dosed with and where it is made. Glazed ceramics are possibly dangerous too.

My source for stating that MJ can cause cancer is the State of California -- of course so can lawn grass smoke, wood smoke, lawn mower exhaust and just about any thing else you can breathe.

Like I said earlier, OG this is NOT personal -- I just get tired of the scare tactics that the medical industry uses to justify trying to control our lives, with the scare of cancer.

Good smoking every one. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years too.

I've posted this in a few threads. This site really helped me when I was deciding on a vape. There is a ton of discussion about copper, brass, food grade tubing vs pvc and quite a bit about cheaper vape construction.(I'm not insulting any ones choice for vaping!!!) I would try to relate what they talked about, but I would hate to give wrong info. You could look in the Purple days thread, in model specific section. Lots of reading from people who know quite a bit, kinda like the MP of vape info.

hxxp//www.fuckcombustion.com
tt for xx
hope this helps Don.

I do remember that a lot of the discussion about copper/brass was related to the temp people vape at and the vaporizing temp of those metals. Mostly it came down to peoples own choice. I bought a purple days, made from ROH(?) compliant parts, mostly because I vape all the time. Like right now.

hey don up late too? hows the hyper snow dog? lol

hXXp://www.google.com/search?q=smoking+out+of+copper&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

That is a simple google search

here is some evidence:
Inhalation:
Inhalation of dusts and fumes of metallic copper causes irritation of the upper respiratory tract, congestion of nasal mucous membranes, ulceration and perforation of the nasal septum, and pharyngeal congestion. Inhalation of copper fumes may give rise to metal fume fever (high temperature, metallic taste, nausea, coughing, general weakness, muscle aches, and exhaustion).
Ingestion:
Copper ingestion causes nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, metallic taste, and diarrhea. Ingestion of large doses may cause stomach and intestine ulceration, jaundice, and kidney and liver damage.
Skin Contact:
Causes irritation to skin. Symptoms include redness, itching, and pain. Exposure to copper dust may cause a greenish-black skin discoloration.
Eye Contact:
Small copper particles in the eyes may cause irritation, discoloration, and damage.
Chronic Exposure:
Prolonged or repeated exposure to copper can discolor skin and hair and irritate the skin; may cause mild dermatitis, runny nose, and irritation of the mucous membranes. Repeated ingestion may damage the liver and kidneys. Repeated inhalation can cause chronic respiratory disease.
Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
Persons with pre-existing skin disorders or impaired liver, kidney, or pulmonary function or pre-existing Wilson's disease may be more susceptible to the effects of this material.
4. First Aid Measures

Inhalation:
Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.
Ingestion:
Induce vomiting immediately as directed by medical personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Skin Contact:
Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical attention. Wash clothing before reuse. Thoroughly clean shoes before reuse.
Eye Contact:
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, lifting lower and upper eyelids occasionally. Get medical attention immediately.

and here is a thread with all the research done for you:
hXXp://www.hookahforum.com/topic/14563-diy-metal-safety/

in the end it's up to you. Use common sense. And try to medicate healthier!

Latest posts

Back