Vitamin B for plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernHoney

1st timer
Reaction score
Hi again, I have been nosing around First Time Callers thread because he is growing the ww as well. So what I have learned so far is that the girls will not want a lot of nutes, my question is about a vitamin B solution the man at the hydro store said to use. I would think it is the same as nutes but again not sure and since we are on the subject what is a really good fertalizer? I have one that only has the name of the store on it and it is a blue crystal, I know that's not much help but it was $5 so I can replace it with the right stuff. I'm just curious about the vitamin B. I also went to day and bought another strain called "orange blossom" it was far less expensive and the femmed ww so if I accidently kill any it won't be a huge loss, and I liked the name :) Not alot of info on it other than it has a orangy smell and big colas.
Thanks again.

I dont use any Vit.B . its just crap they want to sell, there is alot of that.

Any thing from G.H. or Fox farms, A.N. are all good nutes , there are others as well.

I thought as much, I imagine I will run into alot of that until I figure out what I am doing. That is why I am so happy you all are around at least I can get an honest answer here. I guess my houseplants might like it.
Thanks

I have researched thiamine as an additive (most claim it is beneficial for root growth and beneficial for transplants). I have not found anything beyond some questionable anecdotal results, and certainly nothing for mj related testing. IMHO you should save your money.

I was at the hydro store the other day and there was a product they were pushing- something about pineapple and imparting the flavor and sweetness to your plants and fruits. $30.00 for a little bottle, and it was obviously directed to mj growers. Won't happen- you might as well put grape nehi in your res or soil. Incredible the stuff they try to push.

Good luck to you and happy growing! :)

Thank you, I will. They must have heard cha ching when they saw me coming.

If you really want to put some Vitamin B in your plants you can use Superthrive. While it's main ingredient is a synthetic auxin (NAA), it also has B Vitamins which are 'advertised' to stimulate root growth.

There are no shortcuts in growing however; if you start with a good mix (soil or hydro) you should have great results...even without B vitamins.

Auxins stimulate root growth too, so would not advise using ST past the stretch.

If you want to avoid the synthetic hormones you can use thrivealive. ;)
For natural growth hormones mix in some kelp if organic grower :)

Mutt said:
For natural growth hormones mix in some kelp if organic grower :)

Good point: Maxicrop, ThriveAlive, etc are LOADED with natural cytokinins and auxins. Edit: also Kelp Meal for organic growing, very good soil amendment.

Kim Jong ILL said:
If you really want to put some Vitamin B in your plants you can use Superthrive. While it's main ingredient is a synthetic auxin (NAA), it also has B Vitamins which are known to stimulate root growth.

There are no shortcuts in growing however; if you start with a good mix (soil or hydro) you should have great results...even without B vitamins.

Auxins stimulate root growth too, so would not advise using ST past the stretch.

Hello Kim Jong-

Can you point me into some research on this topic? While I agree that auxins stimulate root and cellular growth, I have not been able to find anything confirming thiamine's role in plant growth.

Here's what I have found:

Linda Chalker-Scott said:
Applying vitamin B-1, or thiamine, to root systems of whole plants does not stimulate root growth. This is a myth that refuses to die, though it has been repeatedly refuted in the scientific literature. To understand why, it helps to think about this in a historical perspective.

Many decades ago the plant growth regulators called auxins were isolated and characterized. Auxins were found to stimulate cell elongation in both root and shoot tissues. Commercial preparations were developed that contained auxin and vitamin B-1 among other ingredients. Research in 1949 found improved root development in plants treated with one of these preparations (Transplantone, which contains both auxin and thiamine), but noted the importance of auxins in this response. Further research throughout the last half of the 20th century investigating the application of auxins to root systems suggested that auxins may stimulate root growth, but that vitamin B-1 on its own does not.

Hello NorthernHoney:) ...

how are your babies doing? if you ask Growdude for his advice, you'll always get straight forward answers. he is the ww king in my eyes. have you checked out his ww grows? if not, you should...:D ...

i 've also grown ww. it was then, and is now my favorite smoke...

good luck...Irish...

BBFan said:
Hello Kim Jong-
Here's what I have found:

Great article I read that a while ago too, surprised I permitted the keyboard slip. I have amended my original post. Poor choice of words on my part.

Kim Jong ILL said:
it also has B Vitamins which are 'advertised' to stimulate root growth.

:bong:

IRISH said:
Hello NorthernHoney:) ...

how are your babies doing? if you ask Growdude for his advice, you'll always get straight forward answers. he is the ww king in my eyes. have you checked out his ww grows? if not, you should...:D ...

Thanks IRISH, I'm always short and sweet as I hate typing. :)

You guys are great, I have been working my a** off this week so I am catching up on the forum on yet again another gorgeous Sunday morning in Ontario. I have been nosing through a couple of grow journals and they are awesome. My babies are doing good so far. the first little leaves are coming out on the ww and I also germinated and planted 10 Orange Blossom beans and they have just popped up. I'm so excited to see how they grow and mature. I can see how you want to watch them grow all the time it is amazing. I am on my way today to get a timer and some daylight flo's as well as 2 more full spec flo's so I have lots of light and an ocillating fan, I'm not sure what else I need yet. I'm still a little confused about the whole nute thing but I am going to go very easy on the ww and a little heavier on the orange blossom until I figure it out, the OB's are an inexpensive strain but I still don't want to kill them by inexperience.
Enjoy your day everyone and if you guys have any info at all I am always greatful....

hey northern. i'm new to this also. i am on my second grow and i used the "tea" that is located on this site. the recipe is from three little birds and can be found on 1 of the stickies. my plant is now 4 weeks old and i the tap root is coming out of the bottom of a 10" pot. i mixed the tea with water in a 8:1 solution. 8 parts water 1 part tea. the plant is very thick and green. i have had a cpl people tell me that i was watering too much (it was drinking 20 oz per day) but i have seen no problems from this amount of watering. the tea is just basically water, mollasses, sublingual b, and chicken manure. it has worked great for me. here is the link for the tea. hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5149 change the x's to t's

Latest posts

Back