Vomit-like odor in my grow room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using molasses at the rate of 2 tbsp per gallon and there is a real rotten egg smell from the jug .............is this bad or not???.............is it supposed to be areated to keep from going anerobic??? and poisoning plants???
i've got some plants that the yellowing isn't only on fan leaves but the little leaves in the buds are yellowing on the tips and i'm wondering if this isn't the problem.............any ideas

wedginfool said:
I've been using molasses at the rate of 2 tbsp per gallon and there is a real rotten egg smell from the jug .............is this bad or not???.............is it supposed to be areated to keep from going anerobic??? and poisoning plants???
i've got some plants that the yellowing isn't only on fan leaves but the little leaves in the buds are yellowing on the tips and i'm wondering if this isn't the problem.............any ideas

IMO a rotten egg smell cannot be good. Are you mixing your mollasses with water in the jug and not using it right away? Are you mixing anything else in it besides water? That might be a problem. I always mixed and used the mixture immediately. Never stored it in the jug, but if I were you I wouldn't put the rotten egg stuff on your plants.

I think the vomit like odor in my grow room was coming from standing water that drained from the plants. I cleaned it up and it never posed any probs with my grow.

Sativaweed made an excellent post upthread about the breakdown of mollasses and the resultant smells. Bottom line: don't put that rotten egg crap on your plants.

Latest posts

Back