wat kind of fans do i use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchashow

Reaction score
this is my first grow and im still trying to learn the basics. i need to ventilate my area of 2.5' x 5' x 8' and im using 2 400 watt lights. im also growing in an apt so i can only cut holes in the closet doors. i need to know wat kind of fans do what. what is the difference between an inline fan and centrifugal fan or any type fan??? is there a certain kind i need depending on how im venting or are they all the same? i also am getting cool tubes with my lights. does this mean that i cool the tubes with a fan or do they keep themselves cool?? sorry for so many stupid questions im just trying to learn as much as possible.

Im not sure about ur questions bout the fans, im a newbie at indoors too but id have a few fans, 1 intake, 1 outlet and another to circulate the air within the grow room to create a little breeze to thicken my plants stems. I only responded to this thread cuz it bin up all day with no reply, so I could be wrong, jus tryin to give you an idea wat ur doin but im guessin the best thing you can do is prob do a search on venting and fans?? Good luck.

i shoudl have answered this the first itme so ill just stop my argument and say i woudl go with the inline fans. they are alot cheaper , around 30 dollars for an 8 inch fan which is what i have would probably be too big for you maybe not. but it is rated at 500 cfm. Maybe save some money and go with a 6 or a 4 inch. hey can be a little loud dependig on the size. bigger ones are usually a little quieter.so think about that. And pick up two of them. One is pushing the air, and the other one is pulling, this makes a very strong air current. One fan will be pushing air over the light blub in the cool tube set up.
the other one will be pulling from the other side. there will be sides on your light hood to connect the duct work. Maybe if you can go ahead and get three fans. Use the third one to pull air through a carbon scrubber and release it back into the growing chamber. SInce you are getting the cool tubes you wont have to worry about exhausting hot air as much, which will be the air coming from the duct work that runs over the lights.
i hope this rambling makes since. I have to get back to this :smoke1: .. it keeps going out when i start typing.
good luck and be SAFE

oh yes and add an oscillating fan, and keep it moving around. your stems will think you greatly for them and will also help prevent mold and stronger branches over all.

Latest posts

Back