water with the lights off or with them on ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budking

hydroking
Reaction score
ok is it better to water them right befor the lights go off, or is it better to water them when right befor the lights come on:confused2:

just a thought.....:D

I don't think it matters, i water when they are on.

I dont think it matter either. I water them whenever I look at them and decide they need it. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

I am a hydro and soil-less guy but i have to say that it is best to water when your lights are on, because this is when the plants are actually going to use the food, plus the lights will help evaporate some of the surface moisture which could attract pests to your grow.

a Cold wet medium is not good, and is just asking for gnats, but these are just my practices and opinions

Try not to make it complicated. There is no need to be in your room when the lights are out (unless an emergency of course).

hydro? when lights come on, feed. if its a trey or drip system feed all day an hr inbetween feedings 10-20 minutes a pop 24/7. dwc - air pumps on 24/7 bump up nutes when needed... soil feed/water when lights come on.

Use a wick system and it'll water itself light or dark. The only time you'd worry about watering when the lights are on is if THEY are HOT and you somehow get water on THEM. All that aside, watering when you can SEE what you are doing is generally the best idea.
Grow on and be safe.:)

Latest posts

Back