Watering Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloydBanks

Reaction score
So, since my plant has sprouted above the soil I've been watering once a day, usually when I wake up in the morning. Is every day too much?

I usually check the soil first... and it's usually too dry on top to even stick my finger through, so I figure it's ok. Is that the dryness I'm looking for to tell me that it's ok to water it again?

Basically I'm just worried that I'm over watering because my baby seems to be growing pretty slow compared to other pictures of plants I've seen on here at the same point in the grow (I think today's day 7 or 8 out of the soil, and it's still only like an inch tall... wait, I'm gonna go take a pic. Nevermind, my camera is dead, figures).

How big are your pots and how much are you watering them ?

1 inch does seem pretty small for 7/8 days out of soil. The ones that popped soil in the same day were that size... My 7 day old plants (above soil) are around 3 inch to 4 inch's tall and have 4 leaves (two that are 1 inch long).

how close is your light and what kind of soil are you using? I usually water a little (like a small cup full of water for all 5 of my plants) per day because I'm using moister control miracle grow soil so it drys up pretty quick.

Right now I have it in a 3 inch taracotta (sp?) pot (the red/tan ones)... I'm using regular MG potting soil mixed with about a handful of perlite... the plant is ~3-4 inches away from the lights... If anything I would think it would be stretching to get light at that distance, but definitely not. It's under six 26 watt CFL's in my rubbermaid grow tub (see my grow journal http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11448 ).

For the first 4 days I was using a spray bottle, giving ~5 squirts a few times a day, then days 5/6 I just gave it one good poor of water in the morning (just enough to before it would drain out the bottom).. and then today I decided not to water, just to see if it made a difference.

So, I've got ~4500 lumens per square foot.

good light but too much water marijuana like to be dry so there roots can get the oxigen it needs good luck and nice looking baby

Thanks 3patas, that's what I was thinking... hopefully todays non watering helps out some, and I think I'm gonna go to an every other day water for a while.. at least until it grows a few more inches, and then i'll stop watering it until it gets a little droopy, so I can see how long it can last between waterings.

that the way remember if is dry you can always water then but if they are to wet theres nothin to do so good luck

Latest posts

Back