watering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growboy19

Reaction score
I'm a noob, and trying to figure out what the proper amount of water is. every site only says dont water your plants to much but dont underwater them either. why can't they just give you a recommended daily amount? How many mL of water would be the proper amount per day?

it can't be answered like that.. i have plants that i water a 1/4 of a gallon twice a week, some i water a cup once a week.. it depends on the plant size to how much they require.. the best i can say is water untill you see drainage from the bottom of your pot then wait till the plant gets droopy from lack of water and water again.. as the plant grows it will need water more often.. the plant will tell you when it needs more water. jmo

There really isnt a set schedule to water, way too many variables will dictate when to water on everyones grow, best way to do it is water the hell out of them then wait and see how long it takes for them to droop in need of water, in between that time keep an eye on the soil, one good rule of thumb for me is that the top of the soil has to be completely dry before i water again. i have also started using pots for my pots so insrtead of watering from above i just fill the pots pot to halfway and let the soil soak in what ever water they need, that seems to be working pretty good for me.. Good Luck :aok:

Imo, droopy leaves are a sign of under watering. you should water when the first couple of inches of soil are dry. You can check this by sticking your finger a couple of inches into the soil. If you feel moisture, you're fine, if not, it's time to water. Just water until you have drainage and you should be fine:).

My 6 ladies are under a 600w HPS in a cooltube about 8" away from the plants and I water them 1 litre once a day and the next day (only 24 hours later as I go every morning) when I go the leaves have started to droop and the soil is bone dry, I think my ladies are greedy!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back