we need a doctor..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURKEYNECK

Old School
Reaction score
jeez, Ive been lookin at the same old "help" threads over and over..."what strain is this?" ..."my seedling wont grow".. "my leaves are yellow".. "my plants have warts!" ...man.....

We need someone who really knows how to troubleshoot a sick plant or a problem.. Everyone seems to know the answer when the common Newb questions pop up every other day.. but do we have any "advanced" growers who can identify a real problem? Im just bitter... sorry.:stuff-1125699181_i_

First, let's be honest, MJ isn't that hard to grow. Once you get past the typical rookie problems (that almost everyone made) it's pretty much smooth sailing. Cannabis is a very hearty plant that will grow almost anywhere. Some strains better than others, but yeah, MJ is a weed. I know a couple places where it grows wild around here!

Second, as someone gains experience they also find resources to help them diagnose the more complex problems themselves without having to post. Reading through the more experienced growers' grow journals you see some of that.

Another reason is that it can be difficult to diagnose from hundreds of miles/kilometers away. It usually just comes down to a checklist to diagnose a lot of the problems.

But mostly the reason you see so many posts about the same things is people don't know how to search!

I think what the most common problem is. Is all the reading you are supose to do before you post. And like most people,newbies are impatient and want an answer right away. That's why they post those questions. I did...
I thing if we had a simple pre post link that was a little more organized in the search tool it would be a little easier.
If this forum had all the answers right away in one big list we wouldn't talk to each other and that wiould be sad.
Good to see ya made it thru another holiday season turkey! Gobble gobble

i know i asked some really stupid questions when i 1st started growing inside.its just the way it is.most of the newb problems come from over loving their plants.i know i used to check on mine every few minutes.and i always thought i needed to be giving them something.water or feed.now when i have a grow going,i check my blowers and temps once when i get up and once before the lights go off.then when i change out weekly.its something we all go thru.jmo

Cut the newbies a little slack. We all were newbies once. ;)

Love ya TurkeyNeck, try not to be frusterated.

Now someone go help my man out.

:D

Oh my god!!!!! Did you read that. Hick I can't believe you would admit that. My whole world is crumbling as I type this.................

city said:
Oh my god!!!!! Did you read that. Hick I can't believe you would admit that. My whole world is crumbling as I type this.................

haha thanks for the replies..sorry for the rant.. Ive been racking my brain trying to fix a problem and maybe I dont know how to search the web but I cant find anything useful. and yes it's probably my lack of computer skills.

NVThis.. Yeah that sucker is curling up on me.. and it's driving me crazy.

it would be nice to get a solid resources page.. there is a pretty good one i always see linked (the plant abuse stress ID).. but the problem is, you find that one, you've found them all. because everybody seems to just cut and paste that one into many different places all over the net.

i try to reply to the "noob" questions here, hoping to save the better growers time, so they can answer the more advanced questions.

I think its good for newbies to ask questions, ok some of them we have seen thousands of times, but the interaction with other growers is important.

It lets the newbie know they are not alone and help is always here if needed with several comments to read and digest.

Its only with help, practice and mistakes, that we get to where we are as growers today :)

:peace:

Yes, I completely agree. Read! Read! Read! And when you're done reading, read some more! But in the end there is no substitute for the experience gained simply by doing it.

Like my dad always told me, "Learn from your mistakes, but don't get a PhD in it!"

false you wanna read fast read read and read some more I like getting to the point blunt but fair

i cant read fast or i can but it dont soak in i like to read and understand what im reading if your just reading reading reading but not understanding what good is it doing its not reading is the key its understanding what you read

Latest posts

Back