What am I doing wrong?.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokewun

Pothead
Reaction score
I started growing hydroponics June '06, using bagseed. At the end of harvest, my bud was kinda fluffy and I barely got a buzz when smoked. This got me discouraged. I figured it was the bagseed, so I ordered some from Hemp Depot (Joey's Seeds).....planted 20, 7 spouted, 5 were girls. I cut clones and flowered the 5. Today i'm smoking this ****, its better than the last but its not smoking as hard as it should be (being dro and all) WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG???????....I'm growing in an Ebb n Flo system under a 400 watt hps. I followed all the steps in books and on the net. I think its genetics..........someone help!

Smokewun said:
I let all the hairs turn brown....is that mature?

Could be, no way to tell by hairs. What you need is a hand held microscope to see the trichomes.

Did these buds fill in better than the first grow of bagseed?

Yeah, the bud was better looking, but not like the **** i normally smoke

Please "recontruct" your postings to not have the asterics. Please just use a non-obscene word. thank you.
site rules said:
There are filters in place to block the usage of many words that are considered to be unacceptable in polite conversation. If you notice that a word you've typed is replaced by asterisks, then it is one of these words. Please reconstruct your post to reflect what you're trying to say, but without the word that was blocked. Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site. The Moderators will generally only delete the word itself from your post. However, repeated occurrences of this type may cause more severe reaction by the Moderators who are entrusted to keep the peace here.

but how far away are you keeping the 400W HPS from the plant tops?

Also what factors did you use to determine when to harvest. If harvested too early will create fluffy non-potent buds. Or if you harvested too late then potency would be gone as well. The sure way to determine when to to harvest is by the trichome color.

Finally, how do you dry and cure your harvest?

i keep the light 1' from the top. the only factor i use for harvest is when the hairs all turn. it took 8 weeks....what should the trichromes look like?

you can get the light between 8-10 inches very safely...here is a chart you can go by. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12945 More light tighter the buds. ;)

Hairs is not an accurate way to determine harvest. You might have been harvesting way too early or way too late. (ussually too early is the case for 1st time growers)

here is a link to a trichome chart. You will need a handheld microscope or jewlers loupe to magnify the trichomes to determine harvest time.

DJ short said:
Magnify Your Buds
When we speak of various highs experienced by different products, we are noting variations in plant chemistry. The chemicals we enjoy are produced within the glandular stalked trichomes, along the surfaces of the bud flowers (calyxes), bracts, leaves and stems, starting in or around the fourth week of the bud cycle. More and more of these trichomes develop as the plant matures.
I highly recommend that the serious cannabis student acquire a 30X power, illuminated magnifier. These can be found at most local electronics stores, often for under fifteen dollars. With the aid of the magnifier one can learn more about the detail of trichome development and ripeness.
As far as trichomes are concerned, the tall ones with swollen, clear, bulbous heads are what to shoot for. The denser the concentration, the greater the potency.

thats definitely what it sounds like to me, you just didnt harvest at the right time..... BIG misconception going on to use the hairs for harversting time..:fid:

So tell me which is worse: harvesting too soon or too late?

they both ****.... too soon.. you dont get hard buds.. and you get less potency....

Too late.. you tric break and you lose potency...

i thought you have to wait till the trichomes turn cloudy before harvst, or untill you see the first amber trichome for a 50/50 mix of high to couchlock?
shooting for the tall clear trichomes seems to go against that. can anyone clear this discrepency up?

I let my last crop grow for 60 days before harvest. Its hard for me to believe that if i had let it grow longer, i'd have more potent buds. ive got 25 clones with about 7wks to go.....hope everything goes well.....third times a charm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back