What are the girls asking for ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy James

Reaction score
I have a few girls that the leaf tips are curling down and under.
Does anyone know what they are asking for ?

With this much information my pilgrem friend can only comes up with one word "Love" ;)

More info round these parts gets yual the who buffet of help!

Good luck yur trail friend ;)

BWD

okY...Ill try...

:bong:

leafs curl down would tell me first.....

over watering?...

PH High?...

cold temps?

:48:

Thanks for the impute 42,
I would say defiantly not low temp.
I do not think over-watering nor Hi PH ( But will keep evaluating these two)

I am leaning towards " To much Nitrogen" and am going to take action on this issue)

Definitely leaning towards too much nitrogen. Are the leaves dark green? or were they before they started curling under? There are a couple ways that the plants react to an overnuting situation. Depending on the type of nutes and the amount, you can get the dark green leaves, the claw shape fronds, or the classic burnt leaf tip. If you are in soil, flush them with clean water, about 2x the amount of water as the volume of soil in the pots should strip enough of the extra nutes out of the soil to stop the reaction. If you are in hydro, dump half of the solution and add back straight water and reballance the PH, or all of your solution if it is older than a week and add back straight water and run for 24hrs, then dump and refill with lower nuted solution :)

Hushpuppy - Thank you for helping me confirm my suspicion.
Yes- The leaves are a little darker than they should be.
The bent tips are not burned, just bent under.
I have taken the action you have suggested and will hope for the best.
(Soil)

Cool that is good that they aren't burnt on the tips yet, that means that the overnute is not too bad, just the early warning signs. What are you feeding them? if you are using synthetic nutes that are premixed into water and poured into soil you might want to cut your dosage by about 25% and then continue all else the same and see how they do. Glad I can help :)

Hushpuppy said:
Cool that is good that they aren't burnt on the tips yet, that means that the overnute is not too bad, just the early warning signs. What are you feeding them? if you are using synthetic nutes that are premixed into water and poured into soil you might want to cut your dosage by about 25% and then continue all else the same and see how they do. Glad I can help :)

Fox Farm Nutes - I think I use the Grow Big to frequently in flower.

I have heard a lot of people over time have had trouble overnuting with the Foxfarm nutes. By the same token, I have heard others have the opposite problem out of some other nute brands. You just have to get used to using the nutes and knowing how strong each element is so that you can adjust your percentages for different strains' feeding habits. It takes a while to get the right levels down for a strain, then when you start a new strain that feeds differently or add a new booster element to try to optimize a feeding regamin, you begin having problems until you can determine the proper levels to use.

I always try to go by my PPM for feeding nute solutions. My standard rule of thumb for all plants is 800ppm max for veg, and 1300ppm max for flower. Then I adjust either up to those numbers for new strains and watch for burning or overnute, or If I know the strain can handle it, I start at those numbers for a known strain and then adjust up or down as the plant react to it. :)

If you think you are using too much of the Grow big then don't cut back the frequency, but cut the amount in half and see how they do. I hope this helps you :)

Jimmy James said:
Fox Farm Nutes - I think I use the Grow Big to frequently in flower.

How often are you feeding grow nutes? how far into flower are they? What other FF nutes are you using?

Ive run FF nutes for about 5 years and my ladies normally only get grow nutes 1 to 3 times in flower... usually depending on the stain or if they are yellowing...

Latest posts

Back