What are the longterm effects on smoking weed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idk about long term effects but since i really started smoking it brought my grade in spanish up from an F.
sure, it only went to a C-, but hey, its something right?
i couldnt help it, listening to spanish kinda baked is just so entertaining.

KingKahuuna said:
Vapors 33,
[flipv]I have been smoking a long time and I see no ill effects, but then sometimes you don't see what others see in you.[/flipv]
smoke in peace
[flipv]KingKahuuna[/flipv]

true that

Live for today man! :aok: You could be dead tomorrow, so who cares about the long term effects. Remember the wise words of Bugs Bunny.

Don't take live so serious, you'll never get out alive!:clap:

Don't Worry!
Live for Today and yesterday was a Living Experiance and tomarrow Well just Thank the man up stairs that u woke up to Live and Learn !!!

The The biggest side Effects people see as they get older is fat. You just eat way too much. Hahahhaha. I love to eat when I get high. Oh yah short term Memory gets tweaked a bit to.

Now what was I saying???

Roof

Im suprised noone has said this but one long term effect is spending more money to buy another sack lol

BLUNTHEAD420 said:
Im suprised noone has said this but one long term effect is spending more money to buy another sack lol

I haven't bought weed in more than 30 years, except to try a new strain.

Grow you own man. You'll save all that money!

there aint been no long term effects for me...if anything i got a little smarter,when i used to go to school i used to smoke 2 bowls every morning cuz it helped me focus cuz out here in cleveland schools its chaos

the only bad side effect to smoking weed for a long time is that you end up building a tolerance for it. the other side effects i can live with, but smoking and not getting high, im just not going to stand for that!

yup...what he said^^^
thats why im kinda happy i buy my own bud cuz i cant go spluege with it lol if i had my own plant i would just smoke weed like cigs and never get high

I was going to tell you........

But I can't remember what I was going to say......:rolleyes:

Seriously, long term......... makes me want to take another bong toke.

yup gotta love da bong=)
i gotta 4 footer i fill wit hawiian punch and ice..woooo i rly cant remember nothin after i hit that thing

If you try my approach to smoking MJ from my post on page one, you can eliminate nearly all of the side effects that have been talked about here. Now I know alot of you will tell yourself theres no way you can do it , but I suggest you give the 3 month on 3 month off approach a chance to work. One nice thing about it is you will only need half as much weed as before, your body will have a chance to clean itself out during the off periods, you will never have any high tolerence problems, your memory will allways be sharp, and any dependacy you do have with MJ will allways be kept in check. For those that need to take drug tests your system will be much easier to clean out. An important reason for doing all this, is to be able to evaluate yourself during both on and off times so that you have a reference to go by, you can compare how things go when you are on and how things go when you are off.. It will also teach you how to obstain from smoking MJ and you will find out its not that hard. For those of you that smoke everyday thats cool too, I know many people that do that and have no problems at all, but this is something that has worked really well for me for 30 years and it will help those who seem to have trouble or screw up alot when they are high. No one will be able to say you have a drug problem if you control your usage like this, and the best part is when you have finished a off period and you finally get to light up, its like the first time all over again, thats hard to beat...

i've smoked almost everyday for the last 7 years easy. let me tell ya i've done the on and off periods 7 years ago. and for me theres no other way to live. if i don't smoke i find myself easily irritable. i get frustrated and lack patience. not to mention if i feel some nausea or somthing like that. i wouldn't know what to do if i couldn't smoke. the only thing i can honestly say i have as a slight side affect is a lil short term memory loss. i can also say that the things i do do, like at work, driving, communication, basic organized thought planning, all functions i perform 100% better under the influence.

I started reading this thread because it seemed interesting, now ive read this far ive forgotten the subject

newgrowth said:
If you try my approach to smoking MJ from my post on page one, you can eliminate nearly all of the side effects that have been talked about here. Now I know alot of you will tell yourself theres no way you can do it , but I suggest you give the 3 month on 3 month off approach a chance to work. One nice thing about it is you will only need half as much weed as before, your body will have a chance to clean itself out during the off periods, you will never have any high tolerence problems, your memory will allways be sharp, and any dependacy you do have with MJ will allways be kept in check. For those that need to take drug tests your system will be much easier to clean out. An important reason for doing all this, is to be able to evaluate yourself during both on and off times so that you have a reference to go by, you can compare how things go when you are on and how things go when you are off.. It will also teach you how to obstain from smoking MJ and you will find out its not that hard. For those of you that smoke everyday thats cool too, I know many people that do that and have no problems at all, but this is something that has worked really well for me for 30 years and it will help those who seem to have trouble or screw up alot when they are high. No one will be able to say you have a drug problem if you control your usage like this, and the best part is when you have finished a off period and you finally get to light up, its like the first time all over again, thats hard to beat...
I've been smoking marijuana for four years, three of them using a 6 month off period. I'm amazed anyone else uses it lol. I've been reading these forums for some time but have finally had a reason to post ; ).

I usually stop in September to get ready for classes again. The first time you smoke again is unbelievable ; ) Don't try and keep up with anyone else at the table, you won't be able to.

Let me just say about 8 months ago I experienced blood pressure problems, I lost 35 lbs and it only went down a little, I then just kind of said oh well since the Doc said it was inherited (since it runs on both sides of my family) plus im about 6'3 220 so being big it runs a little high, needless to say the two months where I smoked everday it actually LOWERED my blood pressure, I went to the Doc and he said whatever your doing keep doing it....thats an easy command now isnt it? My blood pressure now stays somewhere in the 125/75 to 135/85 range... a heck of a lot better than before. I think it may be the natural stress reliever that pot has(THC) because I am a easily stressed person. Needless to say theres one medical BENEFIT which may not be what your looking for but its nice to know!

Well well, ive studied and of course experience the affects. In summary, its negatives far outweigh its positives.

Cancer - studies have found THC causes aging cells to die when their life span is complete. This means THC keeps cells from living longer than they should. When cells live too long, they mutate, thus creating a cancerous cell.

Lungs - yes the smoke is bad for the lungs. From personal experience, after intense and devastating workouts (not a simple mile jog or something, im talkin wind sprints, agility workouts and more sprints until people start vomitting), i seem to have developed a sort of acute asthma type 'thing' (i start wheezing slightly when i inhale). If this was caused my smoking, i cant really tell you because i might have developed that anyway. On the other hand, i do find it easier to gasp for air when i have smoked that day. I have read studies that say MJ has caused asthma, and it has been used to treat it, so i only know from my experience.

Farting? - well, i have to admit, i notice an increase in flatulence when i smoke...thanks Stoney for bringing that up. makes me feel better that im not alone

memory loss - i have heard this many times and have delt with it myself. My opinion, most of the things you do in day to day life are pointless and stupid. Who cares if you forget them? If its something important you wont forget it. Its not like it causes Alzheimer’s or somthing. Its minor at best. Plus, i have found that if you really dont want to forget those little things, you wont. Actually i find i remember useless and pointless thing even better when i am high after i made a mental note not to forget them anymore. It sounds weird, but i swear to God its true.

Im tired of typing lol but do some searching around on the interweb.
Wikipedia has a lot of info.

All in all, cannabis has never given me a reason to turn it away and I love everything about it. Except last week i passed out on a hit lol...i tried to see how long i could hold it to get a ghost hit. lol remember that kids...always exhale.
Cannabis really is a gift from Earth itself and i truly believe if everyone would enhance their bodies with this natural creation, peace would be one step closer to reality.
Since you said you are just starting, dont use it as a way to get 'high' or to escape your life, I encourage you explore the usage of cannabis with an open mind. I ensure you that you will be surprised at what you will find.

Latest posts

Back