What are the longterm effects on smoking weed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vapors33

Reaction score
I just started smoking weed all the time and i was wondering if there is any short-long term effects? Yeh thats basically it any feedback would b nice thanks.

uhh yea from personal expierence smoking weed over the past 34 years of my life i would say the only long term effect is turning into a pothead cuz im healthy.a blunt a day keeps the doctor away

Ill agree with that. But to also add, yes, there can be long term effects. But it differs from person to person. Like myself i have been smoking for 7 years now and everymorning i wake up i feel really sick to the point were i will throw up, and i wont be able to eat for hours -unless-, i smoke some herb. Then im fine 100% Now im not sure if this is a side effect or not but it certainly feels like it. i have heard similar storys were people just cant eat unless there high. but effects that are harmfull, there hasnt been any studies that show that. some people wont belive it, but smoking mj can be harmfull on your lungs, you are however breathing in smoke. iv seen people get sick just from breathing in dust. Dont worry about it my friend, you should have no problem in your life now that MJ is in it. be happy

Long term effects??

hmmm main thing I would say is,

WEIGHT..

well for me at least. Or it could just be im getting old.. = (

and of course, you could have lung issues..
But can't be worse than cigarettes..

Well, it's smoke. Regardless what kind of smoke it's going to be bad for your lungs. It's weed though, you're not constantly smoking 20, 30 even 40 joints a day. Unlike cigarettes however. You smoke a few times which greatly reduces your chance of getting cancer i'd say.

I've heard that marijuana helps prevent 8 types of cancer, doesn't cause emphezyma, it's said to reduce your short term memory but INCREASE your long term memory. It's also said to prevent alzhiemers.

Having said that, i doubt smoking marijuana prevents 8 types of cancers, unless it's other types besides lung, throat, and mouth LOL.

But to beat the smoke, there's plenty of medical uses for marijuana. Even though it may bring you down in one aspect, there are plenty of others taht it will bring you up. Enjoy your MJ! :)

~Burn One~
Dewayne

ya long- term you have to smoke more to get high

In a recent study, it was found that long term smokers of MJ had no more chance of cancer than a non-smoker.

I've been smoking weed now for 57 years. The only long term effect it's seemed to have on me is it's made lots of wrinkles on me!

The wrinkles are bad enough, but it also seems to have made me fart more.

I'm just a mess.

I'm gonna burn one to forget my problems...

the only effects i have ever had is a slightly worse memory.

AHHHH Stoney you crack me up,
According to medical research, (if you can believe them over our years of experience). The draw backs are we don't tend to use a filter for the mj, so we take in a lot more of the tars, but we are not smoking all the nasty *** chemicals that cigs have put in them. There is supposed to be a reduced motility factor, but since I went gelding I don't concern myself with that idea.
While it is NOT physically addicting, I do think from a psychological point of view you can seriously get behind mj for lots of good excuses.
I've got 35 yrs worth of smoking mj, and except for these ticks and rashes I get from it, I would say it's all good. LMAO Naw, mj seems to have been around for a long time and used for as long.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

jeez i still cant stop laughing about 'makes me fart more'
Stoney you have seriously given my face an ache cos i cant stop laughing, and now im laughing at myself not being able to stop laughing, someone poke a finger in my eye to stop me please lolol, i love it when i hit the giggles at something so odd and cant stop, glad im sitting here alone at the moment or someone would be calling for the men in white coats to take me away.

HippyInEngland said:
glad im sitting here alone at the moment or someone would be calling for the men in white coats to take me away.

They're busy with me right now, you'll have to wait...

Hehe, I hear ya man. I accredit my being alive now to being the fastest "ducker" I've met.

I have a knack for getting out of danger and staying in one piece.

The piece just looks like hell now.

Sometimes, it's hard for me to remember that women used to be attracted to me. Now, I look like a wrinkle cream experiment that went very wrong...

It's ok tho', I love ice-cream as much as I used to love sex.... If I remember right anyway...

i train athletic, how bad would be for me smoking like 1-2 joints a day?

btw i can run 800m a litle under 2 minutes (01:59:53)

I guess I was worried about that too when I started smoking weed some 30 years ago, I wasn't nearly as concerned about the long term effects as I was about the current effects, or how it would influence my life while I was smoking. So I decided very early on a way to find out. I would allow my self to smoke as much as I wanted, and as often as I wanted for 6 months, then for 6 months I would be completely clean ,a 6 month on 6 month off cycle, I have been very strict and very consistant with this policy and continue to use this method. I have friends that use a 3 month on 3 month off system with good results. I could go on and on about all the benifits from doing this but I think they are pretty obvious, I can tell you for sure that I have been consistantly more creative, more productive and a hell of alot happier during the ON times, So I've continued to use this approach without variation and I know it provides great balance, I'm 4 weeks into flower right now, add in a nice long dry and cure and it should put me right at the start of my 6 month ON period, Hmmm that first smoke is going to be amazing...

Wait, Stoney did you say used to be attracted to you ? I'll bet you still have an idea of what to do ? right ? I'm 52 and I need to know cause if it's gonna be all over with by the time I'm your age, then I'm going to go play swirly. It's already scary cause women in their 50's are showing interest in me. LMAO
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Just the fact that you work hard to stay in good shape will go miles towards protecting you from probably any ill effects at all.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Vapors 33,
I have been smoking a long time and I see no ill effects, but then sometimes you don't see what others see in you.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Memory gets tweaked a bit, but I find that the long term info is still sharp, it's the short term that gets messed with in my opinion.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back