What are you listening to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my 2 cents is to go to a good music store with a large selection of instruments and try out a bunch of different brands and models. i have been playing for a couple of decades and still am lousy at it but it is a very relaxing past time. i started out with a crappy epiphone acoustic. the action was too high for a new player so it wasn't any fun to play. i eventually bought a crappy epiphone les paul(electric) that was much nicer to play and it made it so i played more and got better. i now have a baby martin, the les paul and a nice taylor 12 string. the taylor is the nicest guitar i have ever played. if you want to get an acoustic, i would buy a taylor. the action is nice and low on most i have tried which is much easier on the fingers. if you want an electric, i still can't complain about my epiphone les paul though i'd love a gibson. that being said, go play a bunch. a lot of the gibson les pauls i have tried didn't feel comfortable. i wouuld like a stratocaster but the necks on every one i have tried are too chunky. taylor makes a sweet electric that has an acoustic component to it which if i had an extra grand and a half, i would buy one used.

youtube has a lot of video on how to play all the classic songs. martymusic has tutorials that are geared towards making it fun and has a wide variety of songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back