what do u make of this??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetBLACK

Reaction score
purple trainwreck from clones, been in these pots about 4 weeks in 1gal pots... started w these brownish spotting, starts at bottom leaves and keeps moving up to the higher leaves... i use floranova grow nutes, b vitamins, cal/mag, in ffof, i rfecently flushed w a gal of plain ph water, then 1/2g of 1/4 strength floranova and cal/mag... spotting keeps moving up. had a few aphids and a few thrips in room, but not on these plants, and no other strains i have show these spots... used go gnats in soil for bugs, sprayed leaves w neem oil... dont see bugs on plant itself and not in soil or runoff water... i need another plan... thanks.

august2012b 012.JPG

august2012b 009.JPG

august2012b 016.JPG

august2012b 017.JPG

august2012b 018.JPG

try a transplant?....also I see is when ya flush it should be at the rate of 3 times the container size..so if ya have 1 gallon medium then ya should run 3 gallons through her...then allow her to dry completely...then I use PH wate r for the first time..then start up the nutes again...just my thaughts

take care and be safe

What concentration of nutes are you using? And how long have you been adding nutes? FFOF has nutrients in it that will last your plants a month or more--I am thinking that you have nute burn from overfeeding your plants. In addition, I personally have never found it necessary to add Cal-Mag during vegging. Were your plants showing a deficiency or did you just decide to add it?

Could just be this strain is sensitive to the nutes. Some plants require less nutes. I have some outdoor with about the same problem. I backed off heavily on the nutes and flushed them, then started up a much smaller dosage for those four plants.

Good luck to you.

Yeah I def agree that is nute burn FFOF is pretty hot by itself, and I understand that Flor Nova is also quite potent as well. Need to flush them again and not add any more extra calmag or liquid nutes for a couple weeks and let them level out. :)

yes i added nutes evreryother feeding, like 1/2 strength.. never more than 2.5ml per gal of floranova... yes i just decided to add cal mag to prevent deficiency, so probly not needed... its funny so often, less is more. so when i flush it again, i should or should not ph balance water first? my water here out of tap is about 9-9.2 ph.... also flush a full 3gal thru ea 1gal pot right? thanks for responses...

YES ph your water if you're going to flush. (there's no point otherwise)

i'm not real big on flushing, myself.. especially after you jsut watered her real good (we wont call it a flush, but i bet you got a lot of runoff still)
just make sure you've let her dry out. don't wanna drown the poor lass. my concern is you overwatering now.
was/is she taking up water ok though? not staying soggy for days?

*and that gallon of plain ph'd water you first mentioned.. was that plain 9.2? or what's 'plain ph water'?

yes they r taking up water well... there actually ready for watering, so im going to just flush them now again w ph water, and not addd nutes this time...

well actually there not quite ready for watering yet, should i wait til there drier and then flush them??... i last watered them 72hrs ago...

I am not big on flushing either.....unless you have overnuted your plants and are in danger of losing them, like you are. I really recommend flushing them now. Flushing is different than watering and overwatering at this point would be way down on my list of concerns. If your pot and soil have adequate drainage properties, you will not drown your plant.

How often were you adding nutes--telling us every other feeding (do you really mean every other watering?) really doesn't tell us how often you are feeding them.

I am also wondering if you have tested your well water for dissolved solids. Any dissolved solids in the water add to the concentration of "nutes". With a pH over 9.0, I would suspect some high concentrations of.....something. When I was on a private well, my ppms were over 300--not a good starting point.

Latest posts

Back