What do you guys think about cutting off small flowers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I leave all my leaves on until they fall off if you just give em a pull too hard, even if 'barely' any light gets to them, atleast it's 'some' energy.

Tater said:
Whoa, slow down brother. All I'm saying is that if you trim a budsite without removing the leaves the plant will direct its energy to the remaining budsites. Its a technique used in all types of gardening. It won't change how your plant grows, only genetics do that. Other than that I'm not to sure what you are asking really.

okay, you said you'll get a top cola by doing this and i was curious what you meant by top cola (was trying to figure out if you were getting multiple top colas, like if you fimmed the thing). i am familiar with pruning my tomato (no really) plants when they first flower i just pinch the flowers mostly off and in a few weeks they grow back thrice as numerous. i guess to clarify my question was basically what technique do you use on the small popcorn buds? do you trim the bud off of it's stem, leaving a nub of a stem with the small leafs on it, or do you trim the whole stem off with the little leaves as well? (leaving the fan leaf obviously).

so, i guess i'm saying i'm familiar with that technique as far as other garden variety foods, but never thought to apply it to mj so i am wondering the specifics on where you cut the bud, or do you leave a piece of it, etc. and how the plants have responded. i understand we're all amatuers (maybe?) so just looking for what you do and what you saw the plant do in response and if it doesnt work for me so be it, just a good starting point! thanks.

Well like NorCalHal pointed out, trimming the scragly undergrowth clears up more area for air movement, I personally just trim the bud sites leaving the undergrowth as long as its healthy.

can anyone show a before and after of cutting off the small growth? that be great thanks. interesting thread btw.

Latest posts

Back