what do you know about hermies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetmadnesS

Reaction score
i think i know why im so confused. My plant may be a hermaphrodite. because in some places i can definatley see two little hairs, but others look completely different and have little balls growing instead. Which is why ive been so confused about whether mines a female or a male. I read that stressed conditions can cause that, and trust me, my plant definatley went through some pretty stressed conditions. other than that i dont know jack about them, anyone know anything about hermies that theyd like to share with me? ive got a friend with a camera so ill get pictures up soon and get your input on that, but for now what can you tell me about them?:doh:

Not sure what kind of answer your looking for. If you are seeing hairs and balls then yes you have a hermie. You can do two things: (1) Kill it off. (2) Pic as many balls off as you can and keep picking them off until she is done. If you don't pic off the balls your gonna end up with a bunch of seeded hermie weed. :eek: Trust me you don't want that. ;)

Just remember, dont confuse new growth and 2 shoots thats on
all the plants, and female pistal hairs.

Post pictures if you can, to positively ID it.

goodluck

hermieonstem.jpg

i would definately get the hermie as far away as possible from your other "females". pollen travels like a smelly fart man, i`ve got a hermie growing outside away from my indoor grow but it can also travel on your clothes etc, just be carefull if you decide to grow it out and as the peep say... pic off as many pollen sacks as you can see or you`ll end up with millions of seed with crap bud:eek:
if your seeing balls, clusters of little balls, then it`s a dude.
female pistills are very distinctive to look at, they emerge from the calyx and look nothing like new growth( see Hick`s pic), you`ll know em when you see them;)
hope this helps man and happy growing:hubba:

yea its the only plant ive got growing since this is my first time so pollen isnt really an issue for me lol. but if its a hermie i can still get some bud off it? hmm...im putting to much thought into this. i dont even know for sure if it is one yet. ill have pics up in the next few days hopefully so then i can get your opinions.

Latest posts

Back