What does discoloring mean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerbud

Reaction score
Ok so I am 7 weeks into my journey and recently my plant has started to change colors from healthy green to yellow. I am using ff nutes and soil and I am 1 week into flowering phase. I don't know why it is doing this im assuming its nute burn or to close to the light but not sure I have flushed it once but it hasnt gotten any better any help?

I am having the same problem with some of my plants and I have concluded that they are under nourished. I have been feeding them 2x a week, 1/2 dosage, and watering as needed. They seem to be doing better.

I am using FF grow big for veg and tiger bloom for flower and following the feeding schedule

powerbud said:
Ok so I am 7 weeks into my journey and recently my plant has started to change colors from healthy green to yellow. I am using ff nutes and soil and I am 1 week into flowering phase. I don't know why it is doing this im assuming its nute burn or to close to the light but not sure I have flushed it once but it hasnt gotten any better any help?

at onset of flowering, plants often need a stronger concentration of nutes, especially nitrogen. "I" like to feed the "Grow Big" at full strength for the first 2 weeks of flower. It seems the help prevent "early" yellowing(N defficiency)
"Nute burn" will usually occur in new growth and appear along th edges, defficiency usually shows itself as yellowing of older leaves.(from the bottom, up)

I have flushed it
How long in the pots/soil they are in now?..How often were you feeding?...and amounts?

Its been about 4 weeks in the 5 gal pot and i feed them every 4 days every 2 days i water and 2tb for grow big and 2 tsp for tiger bloom.

Hey Hick,

I should have used more nitrogen in my first part of flowering as my leaves are turning yellow and drying up, although I am in late flowering (week 5). I thought you were supposed to feed with a high Phosphorous fert in flower, not nitrogen. I guess I'm confused.

Donnyboyrocks said:
Hey Hick,

I should have used more nitrogen in my first part of flowering as my leaves are turning yellow and drying up, although I am in late flowering (week 5). I thought you were supposed to feed with a high Phosphorous fert in flower, not nitrogen. I guess I'm confused.

High "P" is for flowering, you aren't confused donny'. I only recommend/prefer a hi "N" for the onset of flowering.(first 2 weeks) It has proven "to me" to give the extra boost they need dureing that initial stretch, and postpones/delays yellowing early in flower.

Hick said:
High "P" is for flowering, you aren't confused donny'. I only recommend/prefer a hi "N" for the onset of flowering.(first 2 weeks) It has proven "to me" to give the extra boost they need dureing that initial stretch, and postpones/delays yellowing early in flower.

I 100% agree.... it allows less yellowing/dying of fan leaves.... there will still be some... but at a much slooooower rate.

Latest posts

Back