What does it mean...

LG17

Reaction score
What does it mean when your plant has began to lean, but it seems as though the top bud is the only one showing its development/ growth?

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
It means you have smoked one too many :hubba:
Are you saying that it acts like it is getting top heavy? Is the whole plant leaning over or is the upper part of the plant bending over?

LG17

Reaction score
Just the upper nd I only clipped one bud not even a whole half of one from the very bottom

umbra

Reaction score
In nature, plants build stronger root systems and stronger stems as a result of the wind and rain. Indoors a fan blowing across the tops of the plant will accomplish the same thing, providing you are not over watering and creating a root rot situation

Sherrwood

Reaction score
With little info. I would ( guess) you plant has stretched something fierce and possibly inferior conditions ( lighting, nutes, etc. ) had only allowed the top to bud and the stalk not thick enough to support it?

Maybe your main stalk is diseased or otherwise infected or rotted?
We need more info and pics.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
That means you need to tie them up or build a support system for those fat buds that are outgrowing the strength of the branches that produced them. Many people have to tie their plants up or put stakes and/or wiring to support heavy buds.... That is a good problem to have :)

umbra

Reaction score
bamboo stakes, your buds are too heavy...this is a good thing

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
imo if there is very little weight to the top ur plant is being blown by the wind in the same direction on a regular basis---if it's in a pot---turn it in the opposite direction to strengthen it---it will eventually right itself---another reason why ur plant is a leaner without any top weight would be loose soil, it's facing south on an incline, or poor root structure---ur plant just looks top heavy from the big fat top---if you don't stake it up in time---u will visit one day to find a broken limb and ur top laying in the dirt---be prepared to do the same with some of the side branches---mother nature will wipe her out if u don't give her some support---nice plant---wish i had ur problem

yooper420

AladinSane
Reaction score
Everybody has all ready said it....you got a good problem with an easy solution, stake it up. I use tomato cages around mine. Nice lookin` buds.

Latest posts