What is a true purple strain?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
massproducer said:
I find that most purple strains will not turn purple until around the last few weeks of flowering, when they are using all of their nutrient stores, mainly nitrogen and phosphurous. Because of the intense green of chlorophyll, the purple and blue hues of Anthocyanin tend to stay hidden until the chlorophyll levels start to degrade in late flowering. This is not set in stone as the plant can display the colour at any time, but it has to fight with chlorophyll inorder to show in the leaves and flowers

I AM THANKFUL FOR US NEWBIES TO HAVE YOUR INPUT ON OUR QUESTIONS THANKS .

well i've been searchin for some more info on this strain but noone seems to know the parents. i did find something that said it was a cross between purple urkle X big bud...but im almost sure thats grandaddy. all sources but 1 did say it was a pure purple indica...but thats all anyone seems to know. the growth characteristics are very much like the grandaddy i grew in same set-up. could grape ape be the same as grandaddy? some resources said its been around since 70's... and i believe grandaddy is newer than that. anyone know....norcal, subcool...ya out there?

lyfr said:
well folks, i'm told "grapeape" is a pure purple indica. ive also read it shows color quicker/easier than other purples(grandaddy was their example). i shall(and youall too!) should know in a matter of about 4-5 weeks if any of this is true as i am growing this strain now.(once again, i didnt get a chance to run a dna test on it so i am going by what im told by reputable "clone guy".)

Thanks Bro I appreciate your advice & announcement thanks again. :confused:

Purple #1 by Dutch Passion

A strong plant (50% Indica, 50% Sativa), easy to grow. Purple Afghan seeds have been crossed in Holland with Indica and Sativa varieties since 1983. The plants are fully adapted to the Dutch climate and have a respectable yield. This variety has calyxes that turn purple, starting at the beginning of flowering. Up to 90% of the plants turn purple. Has a rough but subtle aroma and a very good high.

bigbudsbruddah said:

A strong plant (50% Indica, 50% Sativa), easy to grow. Purple Afghan seeds have been crossed in Holland with Indica and Sativa varieties since 1983. The plants are fully adapted to the Dutch climate and have a respectable yield. This variety has calyxes that turn purple, starting at the beginning of flowering. Up to 90% of the plants turn purple. Has a rough but subtle aroma and a very good high.

Thank so much MassProducer for your help. This good advice for us newbies.

I have grown 4 types of purple plants (grand daddy, ICE, The Purps, and some seeds I got from A oz of street Purple witch I am currently growing outside) all have been in diff types of enviroments at diff times of my growing career. And I heard all kinds of ways to make a plant turn purple. But in all of my grows I just try to keep my temps under 80(nothing new) And all 4 grows turned out to be purple.:holysheep: The purple strain I got from bag seed is my fav, durning veg all new growth come in with purple on the leaves. :hubba: This year will be my 3rd year growing this stran 2nd year outside. I will be posting some pics of her real soon She is indica dom But Im still doing LST just to see how she will look :D

Personall I think is all in the jeans not the Khakis:rofl:

bigbudsbruddah said:

Thanks for your advice we need it.

Deshamans Purple Widow turns purple without temp changes.

Latest posts

Back