What is going on here??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbak67

bobbak67
Reaction score
So Im growing Grape Ape and Im beginning week 7 flower and most of my hairs are browning already... Only the very tops are still white. Some of those brown hairs are starting to over ripe.

Should I wait until my tops turn or should I harvest now? Even the buds directly under the main buds on the same branch are ripe....WIERD!

Expert help needed.

check your tricom that way you know when they are ready

OK MUTT then accordng to this chart some of my stigmas, ( hairs ) are getting to be in the "too late" stage. If I check my trichomes and they are still clear, but my stigmas are all overdone, is that OK\normal???

When-To-Harvest-2.jpg

If you are concerned go ahead and cut em down. Some indicas do finish early. you should be safe with 7 weeks.
The Trichome method hasn't led me astray. I've had the hairs turn real dark on some plants before the trichs were amber. I ussually harvest when I seen some cloudy and some amber. (you need to use a magnifying glass or something to see the "heads" of the trichome. There is a chart in the thread I posted earlier that has the trichome magnified.
You can also do a "partial" harvest. If the top looks done, but the lower bud sites don't you can top it and give it more time so the lower sites finish up with the added light. Plus the lower bud sites will get bigger with having the added lumens and energy that the top was taking up.

Cool Mutt thanks a bunch...never knew they could finish early!

If you stress the plant enough, the stigmas can "die" off early. New, white stigmas are still produced after the problem has been rectified. Still, the trichs are the best used to judge harvest time.

what DLtoker said. iv had plenty of plants that have had hairs darken up really fast and others where the hairs stayed white all the way through. I have a scope and follow the trichome color with it. when iv got enough cloudy and amber trichs in there i chop em

Latest posts

Back