What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3209.jpeg

I took a visit to the caverns back in the early 60s. I spend a lot of time up in the mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina and they have caverns everywhere. Lots of stalactites and stalagmites with underground lakes. There’s a lot of history with those caverns and the confederate army back in the day.
And moonshiners thy loved to go in the caverns and make a few batches. Hard for the man to spot a fire if you in a hole.

View attachment 330100
Back to the porch.
All the lumber you see in these pics were sawn on my father’s sawmill.
He never sold any lumber, just sawed for our personal use from trees we logged off our own property. View attachment 330101
Swung by Bass Pro today after work and picked up a new toy. Gonna test drive it in a little while.
I have been checking these out! Just don’t know where I would put it as my porch has enough cooking crap on it.

View attachment 330100
Back to the porch.
All the lumber you see in these pics were sawn on my father’s sawmill.
He never sold any lumber, just sawed for our personal use from trees we logged off our own property. View attachment 330101
Swung by Bass Pro today after work and picked up a new toy. Gonna test drive it in a little while.
If you're talking about that filly with the pink toenails, let us know how it turns out.

Definitely a Burdock of some sort.
It’s edible, but old enough to be less than palatable.

Latest posts

Back